What the Knicks Should do to Improve

What do the Knicks have to do to start winning again?

• Losing streaks happen to all teams. The Knicks will be fine.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Get rid of Antoni. Keep everyone else.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Dump JELLO and Antoni. Keep everyone else.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Dump SHAT and Antoni. Keep everyone else.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Dump SHAT, JELLO, and Antoni.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • There's no hope.

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingCharles34

All Star
ABCD has bodied everybody in this thread

The only area where i disagree with him is i believe Shat is washed up already too. I voted that we need to dump Carjello, O Antoni, and Negative Stats.

We'd instantly be a better team without the 3 of them. Great poll, perfect execution

Looks like most of us are putting most the blame on Antoni. While I think he needs to be fired, MarshMelo and Amerie are just as bad

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Dwight Howard's been to the NBA Finals. Carmelo Anthony's made it passed the first round of the playoffs once in 8 years.

I'd rather have Howard.

That's not why you want DH12. Derek Fisher has been to the Finals many times and won 5 of them. I'd rather keep Lin.

I am not even sure we need DH12. Chandler is more than adequate as a center. Our biggest weakness is perimeter defense. Having Howard isn't going to address that problem.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That's not why you want DH12. Derek Fisher has been to the Finals many times and won 5 of them. I'd rather keep Lin.

I am not even sure we need DH12. Chandler is more than adequate as a center. Our biggest weakness is perimeter defense. Having Howard isn't going to address that problem.

I am comparing Melo to Howard. I don't know where Fisher comes into the equation.

My point is that Howard is the more proven player out of the two. I'd rather have Howard than Chandler, although I do credit Chandler for giving it 100% on the court, something I can't say about SHAT and JELLO.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
I am comparing Melo to Howard. I don't know where Fisher comes into the equation.

My point is that Howard is the more proven player out of the two. I'd rather have Howard than Chandler, although I do credit Chandler for giving it 100% on the court, something I can't say about SHAT and JELLO.

I was pointing out the flaw in your logic in stating "I'd rather have Howard because he went to the NBA Finals and Melo didn't".

Anyway, DH12 is a luxury that NY Knicks can ill afford now. This team has too many holes to fill. I'd rather get another frontline player who can defend the perimeter and rebound. I'd rather get someone who will move his feet on offense and can hit the outside jumpers consistently.

At this point, does anyone still believe that Melo and Stat will wake up one morning and decide to play defense?

KingCharles34

All Star
C'mon now, we all know what ABCD meant. Derek Fisher was not the best player on the Lakers when they won all those championships, not even the 2nd best or 3rd. No disrespect to Fish, he does his thing no homo

Dwight was undeniably the best player on the Magic when they went to the Finals, the whole Player A is better then Player B argument because Player A got a ring is very flawed, Derek Fisher is not better then Patrick Ewing. Sometimes some players never have the supporting cast

kinein

Benchwarmer
Chandler, Lin, Novak, Jeffries - need to stay for life.

Melo and Amare just have to work on hustle, energy, JUMPING UP AND DOWN, not taking breaks in-game. The minute this happens - we will win every-game because their lack of effort is the big difference

Really think with maturity and steady work-ethic Shumperts going to be a badass.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Chandler, Lin, Novak, Jeffries - need to stay for life.

Melo and Amare just have to work on hustle, energy, JUMPING UP AND DOWN, not taking breaks in-game. The minute this happens - we will win every-game because their lack of effort is the big difference

Really think with maturity and steady work-ethic Shumperts going to be a badass.

Novak is a good asset to have. He can really space out the floor for the other guys but his defense is atrocious.

As far as Melo and Stat, I have no expectation that either one of them will ever bring it every night at both ends of the floor, mostly at the defensive end. If they continue to play no defense, will this Knicks team ever be a contender? I don't think so.

The FO has some tough decisions to make this off-season.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Novak is a good asset to have. He can really space out the floor for the other guys but his defense is atrocious.

As far as Melo and Stat, I have no expectation that either one of them will ever bring it every night at both ends of the floor, mostly at the defensive end. If they continue to play no defense, will this Knicks team ever be a contender? I don't think so.

The FO has some tough decisions to make this off-season.

I'm just hoping, really - really hard - that Melo grows up. Novak is an incredible asset. We have seen him just CRUSH the momentum of opposing teams - and did you see when he posted up that one guy against the bulls? His defense and rebounding is improving dramatically. Man, I want to see him add 10 more lbs of muscle and OWN DUNLEAVY from the Bucks.

Hell, MY MIND WOULD BE BLOWN - IF NOVAK DUNKED.