Shaq to the Suns?

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://www.miamiherald.com/592/story/407442.html

Not that it has any effect on us, and it's probably not going to happen.....but it appears that the Suns and the Heat are discussion a deal in which Shaq and Shawn Marion will be swapped. Lets say this deal does happen, which team does the deal help?

Well the Heat's season is done! But D Wade and Marion does provide hope for the future. Now all they need is a Center, maybe they will be looking for a non rebounding, non shot blocking, scoring Center....does anyone know one that fits the mold? Just playin.....kinda

Shaq to the Suns, gives the Suns a shot at the title, but puts a two year window on their run. But Amare and Shaq are a formidable (you hear that Boston!) frontline. Mike D and Nash can make it work.Grant Hill now becomes the starting SF, but again there is a short time table to make it work.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Lakers > Celtics > Phoneix with or without Shaq.

I agree with you mostly in that Lakers and Celtics are front runners, but the Celtics still have to get past Detroit. And out West it's all about who you match up against. Case in point, Dallas maybe makes the Finals if they don't run into Golden State last year. Denver and Golden State could be some number one or two seed first round match up. This is going to be a very fun playoffs to watch

Pricey

Rotation player
Phoenix r dumb is they trade Marion for Shaq, Shaq is a fat old man.
At least get a few players out of it like Haslem and Shaq, not a straight swap.
I could imagine Miami licking their lips at this trade, get rid of a massive old man with a contract and acquire a gun player who is still a good age then get a lottery pick and this team is playoff bound.
Phoenix would still be behind the Lakers, Spurs and maybe Dallas if they get a certain PG from NJ from what im hearing.
Suns will not win a championship for a long time

NYKnicks15

Starter
worst trade i ever heard. welllll.. anyway yes bad bad trade that is true. marcus banks will go with shawn marion to the heat for shaq and shawn marion has approved the trade. not saying that matters but it helps the heat when wondering if they are going to recieved a disgrunted player. which still wouldnt matter cause a disgruntled player is still better than shaqs fat ass. shaq will slow down pheonix 100% the only thing that makes sense is if they go away from their natural style and try to play D

has isiah thomas talked to steve kerr or something. i mean come on shaq doesnt fit anything that the suns do best. on the court he is aging, getting slower and slower, and he plays hurt. he is no longer a guy that gives you 20-10 every night. and shaq is no longer that defensive indimator that he once waz so how can this deal make any sense. so far the only analyst that thinks this will work is jalen rose on espn (and he predicted that the nets would be in the finals). and financially hes gona make 40 mill over the next 2 years. that doesnt help the suns at all. if the deal goes down nice job pat riley findin some sucka to take shaq off ur payroll.

GetRealistic

Starter
Put Shaq on a team that has a chance to win a championship and your going to see a more motivated better Shaq. Its pretty obvious that the current Suns were a nice regular season team that is fun to watch, but come playoff time where the game slows down they don't have a chance against a team like the Spurs.

Not saying itll work but its worth the gamble. Phoenix now has Grant Hill and Shaq so they can play a half court game when need be. Say what you want about Shaq being old and out of shape but his experience and championship leadership are way to important to overlook.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
trade makes no sense for phoenix

Cosign!

I don't know what Kerr was thinking. Phoenix took on $40 million in salary for an aging obsolete player and traded one of their key players. Can Shaq run with them? Haven't they watched the Knicks? Two low post scores doesn't work, assuming that Shaq can still score in the post. And if Kerr is stupid enough to take on Shaq, how come Thomas didn't try to move Curry? Hell, Curry would be a better fit for Phoenix than a 35 year old Shaq. Phoenix just got a hell of a lot slower while the Lakers became one of the top teams in the west, if not this season, next season no question.

Trade grade for Phoenix D-
Trade grade for Miami A+

Even if Marion doesn't want to play in Miami next season the heat still got rid of 30 million in salary. LOL Good one Pat!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Worst move ever by the Suns. Steve Kerr is now officially the 2nd worst gm in the NBA. Miami just raped the Suns. Who would want shaq at this point? Im my opinion he has the worst contract in the NBA. No way will he fit into their system. They were dumb to give up Kurt Thomas, I know it has to do with salary cap but then they go make a trade for Shaq. They went from having a small chance of winning a championship to having no chance at all. I really didnt think they would win this year anyways. They would have missed Kurt Thomas against the Spurs. Acquiring Shaq has brought them down another level or 2. Some argue that over the last 3 or 4 years Shawn Marion has been the most consistent player on the suns. How does this trade rank compared to some of Isiahs worst trades? I think its up there. Im shocked that Kerr would be this dumb.

paris401

Starter
How does this trade rank compared to some of Isiahs worst trades? I think its up there. Im shocked that Kerr would be this dumb.

i agree... this is a move only isiah would luv... until it is finalized i refuse to believe it...

when some of the posters here sprout how there are other 'stupid' gm's in the league other then isiah, i shake my head and say no way..

well if this deal gets done, i bow to all who have stated the above...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Cosign!

I don't know what Kerr was thinking. Phoenix took on $40 million in salary for an aging obsolete player and traded one of their key players. Can Shaq run with them? Haven't they watched the Knicks? Two low post scores doesn't work, assuming that Shaq can still score in the post. And if Kerr is stupid enough to take on Shaq, how come Thomas didn't try to move Curry? Hell, Curry would be a better fit for Phoenix than a 35 year old Shaq. Phoenix just got a hell of a lot slower while the Lakers became one of the top teams in the west, if not this season, next season no question.

Trade grade for Phoenix D-
Trade grade for Miami A+

Even if Marion doesn't want to play in Miami next season the heat still got rid of 30 million in salary. LOL Good one Pat!

I think we couldve had Marion but at the same time I recently came to the conclusion that Shaq is still>>>Curry, sadly. I have recently been callin out Pat Riley for bein a bad gm but after this deal I have to take that back. Riley just robbed the Suns.

i agree... this is a move only isiah would luv... until it is finalized i refuse to believe it...

when some of the posters here sprout how there are other 'stupid' gm's in the league other then isiah, i shake my head and say no way..

well if this deal gets done, i bow to all who have stated the above...

I still dont think Kerr is dumber then Isiah but after this deal the gap got closer. Another deal like this and maybe. Stephen A Smith should be fired. He was talkin about how the deal might make the suns better. This deal clearly made them worse.

The Lakers are officially my favorite team in the Western Conference. It went from bein the Suns/Rockets to the Warriors and now the Lakers.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I think this is a good thing. Marion will make the heat a much better up tempo, and a better team all around. Miami is the worst team in the league right now, but I think there wins will add up more to the point were they will be around the 4-8 worst team in the league, opening up an extra spot in the draft for the Knicks.

Blas

Benchwarmer
While I do agree with the majority and think this trade does not make a lot of sense...

I hate to admit that maybe I'm not seeing something that the think tanks on the suns see.

I mean some of us thought getting zach for francis was going to be a good thing for knicks.

Starks

Starter
Say what you want about the Suns, but they just became one of the most interesting teams to watch now.

I know I'll tune in to their next few games

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
February 6th 2008. 5:51 eastern time the TRADE IS OFFICIAL Marcus Banks, and Shawn Marion are traded to the Miami Heat for Shaquille O'Neal. Shaqs new team Phoenix

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
wow this trade makes no SENSE! they were just desperate because of what Lakers did wit gasol...WOW! well there goes Phoenix season....

Pricey

Rotation player
Panic trade by the suns. If they were smart they should have traded Marion at the start of the season for a Jefferson or someone that they could use.
They knew Marion wanted out for a long time and made the worst trade possible.