If not D'Antoni.. Who?

So lets say all our dreams came true and D'Antoni gets the axe tomorow.. Who else would you want or do you think could come in and deal with the big personalities and be able to harness the talent we have into an efficient and effective team.. I mean besides Phil Jackson. Pat Riley and Jesus. who could handle the immense responsibilty and expectations that are going to come along with this job?

Seba

Benchwarmer
Even of the trio you mention, Riley is employed and I have my doubts about Jesus.

I hate not to say anything constructive and add more salt to the wound, but the best available coach was Rick Adelman. And **** sakes he's prooving me right.

Maeby lure someone like Callipari? Maeby Monty Williams gets tired of the Hornets? At least that fat **** DOLAN is willing to throw in big bucks for a coach, Sadly that coach could even be Don Nelson.

Seba

Benchwarmer
melo and amar'e wouldn't last 2 games with sloan on the bench

He did say he might come out of retirement tho.

At this point... anyone that coaches defense and know the basics of basketball offense, my HS coach can do a better job.

We have a talented team and I'm almost positive that some members of this forum can do a way better job than D'Ant. All you have to do is play these guys to their strenghts...something that really hasn't been done yet.

The guys on this board who constantly blame D'Antoni for all of our failures should really get a chance to prove themselves and take over for our current coaching staff.

I'm serious about it, they should get the opportunity to prove themselves and show 'idiots' like me who balme the players more than the coach that they are true world class players and champions and it was all D'Antoni's fault.

What about that?
I like it.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Well it would be Mike Woodson for the rest of the season and as much as it pains me to say this starting next year it could be Isiah Thomas

I'm hoping for Phil Jackson, Ron Adams(Chicago's Asst. Coach) or Jim Boeheim

Paul1355

All Star
If MIke Woodson barely improved this defense and we are stil making retarded switches then he isn't the best coach either. But right now, ANYBODY is better than Mike D. Mike D just doesn't know how to use his players.

I would prefer Phil Jackson and give him whatever contract he desires.

If not Jackson then I would look at guys like Patrick Ewing, give him a chance, hall of fame prestige who won't take crap. He has been an assistant coach in Orlando for years, and he could improve Tyson Chandler and Amare's game since he was a Center.

I would also look at Mike Fratello, whenever I hear him talk as an analyst he has A LOT of insight and says all the right things. Reminds me of how Joe Girardi became so famous since fans loved his insight that he eventually became the coach.

I would like to see Charles Oakley get a crack at coaching but he should be an assistant first. I wouldn't mind him being on our bench as an assistant to whoever else comes here. Eventhough Oakley is a sour puss about us never having him as a coach.

Jerry Sloan is always a posibility. He had a bad ending in Utah but Derron Williams refused to listen due to his desire to leave so badly. Utah is better without him now.

This was from SI.com....Mike Budenholzer, San Antonio. The Suns interviewed the 38-year-old Budenholzer during their search for D'Antoni's replacement. Phoenix eventually settled on Porter, but the buzz has grown around Gregg Popovich's No. 1 assistant. Budenholzer began his career as the Spurs' video coordinator in 1994 and is starting his 13th season as an assistant coach.
"First of all, Mike has a wonderful understanding of the game," Popovich said. "That's a requirement. He's really good relationship-wise, too. He's secure in his own skin and he's able to tell a player the truth whether the player wants to hear it or not."
? Elston Turner, Houston. Like Budenholzer, Turner's name began to circulate near the end of last season. Turner was Rick Adelman's assistant for six seasons in Sacramento before following him to Houston. He served as Adelman's chief game strategist and organized the Rockets' game plans during the 2008 playoffs. A tenacious defender in eight seasons as a player, Turner is considered a strong communicator who has embraced Adelman's read-and-react offensive system.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/chris_mannix/10/29/assistant.coaches/#ixzz1l58tO3aP

If we can't get any of these guys I mentioned then see what Mike Woodson can do.

So lets say all our dreams came true and D'Antoni gets the axe tomorow.. Who else would you want or do you think could come in and deal with the big personalities and be able to harness the talent we have into an efficient and effective team.. I mean besides Phil Jackson. Pat Riley and Jesus. who could handle the immense responsibilty and expectations that are going to come along with this job?

Bill Laimbeer. This guy is going to be great when he gets a chance...

Red

TYPE-A
The guys on this board who constantly blame D'Antoni for all of our failures should really get a chance to prove themselves and take over for our current coaching staff.

I'm serious about it, they should get the opportunity to prove themselves and show 'idiots' like me who balme the players more than the coach that they are true world class players and champions and it was all D'Antoni's fault.

What about that?
I like it.

You're too emotional. You have had the chance of seeing and concluding blame for the players. Even though they're statistically better they are performing worse (on offense). That kind of makes the point that the coaching is limited, but to you that means since they're better they must not be playing up to their potential. (or do you think they are not better?)

We haven't had the opportunity to see things the other way, so until we get that chance you can't make any argument- If they do fire MDA and another coach gets these same players to perform better then what?

Really though I don't understand what's so difficult. What, we just happened to acquire stars right during their decline? The parts don't fit? Does that mean that they are good but only with better teammates? I don't get it.

Maybe it's the we traded away everyone and now we don't have a PG excuse? IDK. I mean haven't we struggled with every roster we had no matter who the point was? Why do people forget we struggled with Felton also. We still had glaring deficiencies. We still weren't winning anything.

Isn't this roster an upgrade? Who are Bibby, TD, Lin, & Shump... not pg's? They looked like viable pg's on other teams, what... not good enough for ours?

KingofNy

Starter
If MIke Woodson barely improved this defense and we are stil making retarded switches then he isn't the best coach either. But right now, ANYBODY is better than Mike D. Mike D just doesn't know how to use his players.

I would prefer Phil Jackson and give him whatever contract he desires.

If not Jackson then I would look at guys like Patrick Ewing, give him a chance, hall of fame prestige who won't take crap. He has been an assistant coach in Orlando for years, and he could improve Tyson Chandler and Amare's game since he was a Center.

I would also look at Mike Fratello, whenever I hear him talk as an analyst he has A LOT of insight and says all the right things. Reminds me of how Joe Girardi became so famous since fans loved his insight that he eventually became the coach.

I would like to see Charles Oakley get a crack at coaching but he should be an assistant first. I wouldn't mind him being on our bench as an assistant to whoever else comes here. Eventhough Oakley is a sour puss about us never having him as a coach.

Jerry Sloan is always a posibility. He had a bad ending in Utah but Derron Williams refused to listen due to his desire to leave so badly. Utah is better without him now.

This was from SI.com....Mike Budenholzer, San Antonio. The Suns interviewed the 38-year-old Budenholzer during their search for D'Antoni's replacement. Phoenix eventually settled on Porter, but the buzz has grown around Gregg Popovich's No. 1 assistant. Budenholzer began his career as the Spurs' video coordinator in 1994 and is starting his 13th season as an assistant coach.
"First of all, Mike has a wonderful understanding of the game," Popovich said. "That's a requirement. He's really good relationship-wise, too. He's secure in his own skin and he's able to tell a player the truth whether the player wants to hear it or not."
? Elston Turner, Houston. Like Budenholzer, Turner's name began to circulate near the end of last season. Turner was Rick Adelman's assistant for six seasons in Sacramento before following him to Houston. He served as Adelman's chief game strategist and organized the Rockets' game plans during the 2008 playoffs. A tenacious defender in eight seasons as a player, Turner is considered a strong communicator who has embraced Adelman's read-and-react offensive system.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/chris_mannix/10/29/assistant.coaches/#ixzz1l58tO3aP

If we can't get any of these guys I mentioned then see what Mike Woodson can do.

Perfect post, totally agree. END THREAD.

knicksin60

Starter
I say give Latrell Sprewell an opportunity.He has more championship experience than D'antoni and he would probably be the only coach in the league that would have the courage to strangle Amar'e and Melo whenever they stop playing defense.