Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Kiyaman

Legend
Your just a very bitter person... the derek fisher decision maker? Yeah right. Kobe Bryant is the decision maker. What are u talking about. You never make any sense, I need to block you smh

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

u right the past 3 seasons Ball-Hoggin Kobe Bryant been making 80% of the Lakers decision-making on offense.
FUNNY HOW ......
The Lakers went to the Finals 3 seasons in a row when HC Jax had the trio of "Fisher/Odom/and Kobe" run the offense for their teammates .. each one develope their own plays for Gasol & Bynum to score.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Wats bitter is Melo's passing-game, and Melo never gellin with his teammates so they could score, or double with his teammates to defend .... Isolation = individual b.ball

you're judging Melo off the basis that he's selfish

the point of playing is to play to your strengths, Melo moves the ball when its there but again it all works together

1. Woody has to call a set
2. Ray Ray has to get the ball moving
3. Guys have to move when Melo gets the ball
4. Melo has to be patient but decisive

you make it seem like if he averaged 4 less points and 2 more assists our team would be better

at the end of the day I dont give a flying **** who scores as long as they score

Kiyaman

Legend
you're judging Melo off the basis that he's selfish

the point of playing is to play to your strengths, Melo moves the ball when its there but again it all works together

1. Woody has to call a set
2. Ray Ray has to get the ball moving
3. Guys have to move when Melo gets the ball
4. Melo has to be patient but decisive

you make it seem like if he averaged 4 less points and 2 more assists our team would be better

at the end of the day I dont give a flying **** who scores as long as they score

At the end of the day, all our "OLD-HEADS" 4th quarter input paid off for a Knicks win. Why?
All our "Old-Head" players had veteran experience in 4th quarter situation tougher than every game we had throughout the season.
We had multiple players on our roster that could score, all our players were not isolation scorers, when we stop ball-movement all our offensive-plays became isolation plays.
Kidd and Nash did not become HOF from running isolation plays.
Or did u forget the Miami Heat had a few "Old-Heads" on their roster, and only lost 3 games out of their final 41 games of the regular season ....
The Heats game highest scorer wasnt always Lebron, or Wade, or Ray Allen, u had Charmers, Bosh, and Miller also be the game highest scorer...

Kiyaman

Legend
Your just a very bitter person... the derek fisher decision maker? Yeah right. Kobe Bryant is the decision maker. What are u talking about. You never make any sense, I need to block you smh

Im bitter about not seeing any future growth in a Knicks organization becoming contenders under ISO-Melo running the show.
What is ur excuse for being so BITTER about me calling a dribble-dribble 44% perimeter shooter a ball-hogger when he shoot 30+ shots a game? If it quack like a duck, and look like a duck, guess what? its a duck...

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
He's looking for the most money he can get. Opting out and resigning with the Knicks is that option so he'll take it.

petescud

Starter
20 mil a year can bring back a lot of good players....I like Melo but I think i'd get 3 very good all round players, for one awesome offensive player. Just my .02...If he gets hurt, you'll realize what i'm saying.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I don't think at age of 34 Melo will be worth $29M/year. I don't buy that "every player has to test free agency at least once in his career" talk. Melo wants more dough and I don't blame him. But I don't think he'll be worth that kind of money. If you asked me, I'd let him go and rebuild. If Melo signs elswhere in the summer of 2015 we'll have $7M in salaries. It gives us $53M to spend.

Broadway

All Star
This sucker chump has always been about his paper....

At the same time this is the greatest news we could possibly hope for. Once he's truly free he can potentially be reeled in by another team. It only takes 1 team to save us from ourselves.

Now here's what's interesting....Dirk/Duncan/Garnett and I think a couple other big names took paycuts so their teams could structure distributed salary elsewhere. This guy knows this is his last time to get paid...

I wouldn't pay Carmelo THAT RIDICULOUS CONTRACT but we bouts to get Allan Houstoned we have a problem!

I'm hoping we can say Good Riddance to this Cancer

tiger0330

Legend
This sucker chump has always been about his paper....

At the same time this is the greatest news we could possibly hope for. Once he's truly free he can potentially be reeled in by another team. It only takes 1 team to save us from ourselves.

Now here's what's interesting....Dirk/Duncan/Garnett and I think a couple other big names took paycuts so their teams could structure distributed salary elsewhere. This guy knows this is his last time to get paid...

I wouldn't pay Carmelo THAT RIDICULOUS CONTRACT but we bouts to get Allan Houstoned we have a problem!

I'm hoping we can say Good Riddance to this Cancer
That's a good point about AH, his contract was a bad one but he probably thinks he was worth every penny. I could see him giving Melo that contract just because he can and not because it's a good business decision. Curse of a big market team I guess, too rich for their own good and can afford to pay for the Stat's Melo's etc., just wish we were lucky like the Yankees and brought a few championships instead of this 50 year record of futility.

Broadway

All Star
That's a good point about AH, his contract was a bad one but he probably thinks he was worth every penny. I could see him giving Melo that contract just because he can and not because it's a good business decision. Curse of a big market team I guess, too rich for their own good and can afford to pay for the Stat's Melo's etc., just wish we were lucky like the Yankees and brought a few championships instead of this 50 year record of futility.

What I'm hoping for, this turns into an ugly Lin/Dolan pissing match and Dolan gets offended by Melo's hunger for money somehow some way.

Does anyone one of you Melo lovers want to calculate not only Melo's albatross future contract yr-to-yr but the Tax ramifications for the Knicks for the 2014-2015 season?

How's everyone liking that Brags trade now?

This isn't going to end well folks....

petescud

Starter
I'd be down to rebuild after this year. Sadly I just don't see this team getting it done, unless a major trade goes down....

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
We gutted a decent team for this guy and now wants more money??? If you ask me, he can go to LA with Lebron and have a three-some with Kobe. Gonna be hard to be cheering for Anthony this season. I'll be rooting for Shumpert and Tim Jr.

Since JR Smith followed Melo here, maybe he can follow him to the Lakers......

CA7

Scoring Champ
We gutted a decent team for this guy and now wants more money??? If you ask me, he can go to LA with Lebron and have a three-some with Kobe. Gonna be hard to be cheering for Anthony this season. I'll be rooting for Shumpert and Tim Jr.

Since JR Smith followed Melo here, maybe he can follow him to the Lakers......

why is it going to be hard cheering for Melo

-he didn't say he was leaving
-he didn't say he wanted the MAX

all he said was he wants to be a free agent and evaluate things, evaluate his career and the team

I'm hoping he takes less along with the Knicks finding a way to get him a #2

but the fact that you're going to find it hard to cheer for him is crazy

any player wearing orange and blue is worth cheering for except Chris Smith

knicksince 93

Rotation player
What I'm hoping for, this turns into an ugly Lin/Dolan pissing match and Dolan gets offended by Melo's hunger for money somehow some way.

Does anyone one of you Melo lovers want to calculate not only Melo's albatross future contract yr-to-yr but the Tax ramifications for the Knicks for the 2014-2015 season?

How's everyone liking that Brags trade now?

This isn't going to end well folks....

It's the preseason, way to early to guage the bargs trade. Steveel Francis had 40 in a pre season game with us and didn't have any production that season. It doesn't mean much. We're not paying the tax ramifications so what's the deal deal. We're still gonna get players l, if we have melo and no draft picks how do we re build

Broadway

All Star
It's the preseason, way to early to guage the bargs trade. Steveel Francis had 40 in a pre season game with us and didn't have any production that season. It doesn't mean much. We're not paying the tax ramifications so what's the deal deal. We're still gonna get players l, if we have melo and no draft picks how do we re build

Oh I love the "We as fans don't have to worry, it's not our money" stale joke of a rebuttal

The Knicks will be paying heavy Taxes this season and next year once Melo gets his new deal at an alarming repeater rate. Which provides more financial resources for the competition(league), particularly as they look toward those off-seasons when we CTC to all teams. Please step out of your naive bubble and look at the big picture.... short term and long term.

Oh and to correct your line of thinking, that's why Cablevision and MSG cable/ticket rates continue to rise and are amongst the highest in their respective markets. Who do you think pays those prices?

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Oh I love the "We as fans don't have to worry, it's not our money" stale joke of a rebuttal

The Knicks will be paying heavy Taxes this season and next year once Melo gets his new deal at an alarming repeater rate. Which provides more financial resources for the competition(league), particularly as they look toward those off-seasons when we CTC to all teams. Please step out of your naive bubble and look at the big picture.... short term and long term.

Oh and to correct your line of thinking, that's why Cablevision and MSG cable/ticket rates continue to rise and are amongst the highest in their respective markets. Who do you think pays those prices?

Well you're right and your way of thinking is that since we pay for tickets, memorabilia, cable, ect you can say we pay him but without your money they'd still do the same exact numbers. My point is worry about the team that's put on the floor minus the amount of money that is being paid to them. The team we have is competitive. Melo is gonna get a max and ticket prices will rise in ny with or Without melo and the games Will sell out because well its ny. But that's my point, we've never ever had a problem acquiring players just a bad gm during the 00s that brought in the wrong ones. However that's why teams have General managers they get paid maximize the teams dollars. Their profession is to exercise every option and find tricks to work the salary cap situation, to work the teams way around salary restrictions and ny will do that no matter what. Without melo we won't even be relevant and will be rebuilding for 10 years again.

metrocard

Legend
Knicks were a .500 team before Melo.
With him, we were a slightly better .500 team but still got bumped in the playoffs.
So let's not overrate him.

In 2-3 seasons, I don't believe Melo will be worth that money. He'll be coming down from his prime and will be a very good complimentary player but not a guy you should rely to build your franchise on.

If Knicks don't win this season, trade Melo to a contender for draft picks and try to rebuild around two special prospects in the 2014 and 2015 draft, so we'll have a good team by 2017.

That's WAY better than being a treadmill team until 2017 where we'll have no trade pieces because we held on to overrated for too long.