Ball movement vs. Iso melo? Question for you BALLERS in the know.

skisloper

Starter
I am watching the same game which is why I am asking WHO????? How about answering the question. Who in tomorrow's starting lineup would you rather take the majority of the shots over Melo???? And while you are at it answer this me this: Who took all the shots when Lebron was in Cleveland???? It's easy to pass the ball when you have 2 HOF's and a perennial all-star to drop the ball off(Wade/Bosh/Ray Allen)to?????

I would rather see Shumpert, Felton, Prig, Copeland, Kidd, JR , TC if they are open........
The point is simple IF AND IF we move the Ball that will create open looks...

Melo does not need to get the ball and Hold it and then post up.......Ball Movement.......why is that such a tough concept to understand.....Look at Game 6 against the Celtics when we moved the Ball.....

Melo does play this way sometimes and when he does he looks as good as NBA player...when he doesnt its simple Joe Johnson and we will not win that way.....

Melo is a beast on the boards sometimes but when he is doing ISO and taking jump shots hes not getting those boards,,,,,,,,

Let me ask you this......If you were coaching melo....what would u tell him ...
a. Play ISO
B move the ball

In the end we want melo shooting but not 1 on 1 play for 22 seconds.

skisloper

Starter
I would rather see Shumpert, Felton, Prig, Copeland, Kidd, JR , TC if they are open........
The point is simple IF AND IF we move the Ball that will create open looks...

Melo does not need to get the ball and Hold it and then post up.......Ball Movement.......why is that such a tough concept to understand.....Look at Game 6 against the Celtics when we moved the Ball.....

Melo does play this way sometimes and when he does he looks as good as NBA player...when he doesnt its simple Joe Johnson and we will not win that way.....

Melo is a beast on the boards sometimes but when he is doing ISO and taking jump shots hes not getting those boards,,,,,,,,

Let me ask you this......If you were coaching melo....what would u tell him ...
a. Play ISO
B move the ball

In the end we want melo shooting but not 1 on 1 play for 22 seconds.

If you put Lebron in Melo's shoes I am sure he would find the answer you are looking for......
I am in awe that u accept what Melo does as opposed to what he actually could do

jimkcchief88

All Star
If you put Lebron in Melo's shoes I am sure he would find the answer you are looking for......
I am in awe that u accept what Melo does as opposed to what he actually could do

Lebron was in Melo's shoes, IN CLEVELAND, which is why after years of beating his head against the wall with no help Lebron decided to take his talents to South Beach. I am in awe of what Melo does on a nightly basis in a KNICK uniform. That's what you Melo-Iso-haters should be in awe of with little to no help. You would rather have a 35 year old rookie or a second year player a month back from a major injury taking shots rather than the reigning NBA scoring champ???? First Knick to win the scoring title since HOF Bernard King??? It's a simple as that. If I am coaching, I am going down with the ball in the hands of my star, not 35 year old rooks. It's up to the role players to move without the ball and knockdown shots when available. Looks at the basket have to be earned so its player movement, THEN you swing the ball. Melo holds to try to draw a double or create a mismatch, but he has no trouble getting his own shot. 35 year old rookies do, which is why they are 35 year old rookies.

skisloper

Starter
Lebron was in Melo's shoes, IN CLEVELAND, which is why after years of beating his head against the wall with no help Lebron decided to take his talents to South Beach. I am in awe of what Melo does on a nightly basis in a KNICK uniform. That's what you Melo-Iso-haters should be in awe of with little to no help. You would rather have a 35 year old rookie or a second year player a month back from a major injury taking shots rather than the reigning NBA scoring champ???? First Knick to win the scoring title since HOF Bernard King??? It's a simple as that. If I am coaching, I am going down with the ball in the hands of my star, not 35 year old rooks. It's up to the role players to move without the ball and knockdown shots when available. Looks at the basket have to be earned so its player movement, THEN you swing the ball. Melo holds to try to draw a double or create a mismatch, but he has no trouble getting his own shot. 35 year old rookies do, which is why they are 35 year old rookies.

Dude you just dont get it.
How was Melo's surroundings in Denver ?

We all agree Melo is a great scorer.........
is he a Great Defender ? is the answer no because he is not capable OR no because some games he just doesnt put all the effort in ???

U BTW are 100% right,,,,in ISO play I want Melo...
Melo and any team he is on will NEVER win with ISO play......I wish you could see that...

are u watching the Heat game ...Lebron is mic'ed up....First words.....: just keep the ball moving keep it moving "

safe bet Melo have never uttered those words.

is he a Great Defender ? is the answer no because he is not capable OR no because some games he just doesnt put all the effort in ???

Melo and any team he is on will NEVER win with ISO play......I wish you could see that...

are u watching the Heat game ...Lebron is mic'ed up....First words.....: just keep the ball moving keep it moving "

Real Talk 101

Also, Lebron's record in Cleveland was amazing. WTF is this CHIEF talking about?

Lebron lead ragtag groups to the best record in the NBA, to the NBA finals, etc etc...and he did it against beastly opposition.

It's just foolish to debate this. Why make NYK's franchise player look bad by feebly comparing him to Lebron.

Inferiority Complex 101, imo

jimkcchief88

All Star

Uhh yes I do. Melo had no help in Denver just like crybaby Bron in Cleveland. Difference is Melo came home to try to bring a title while crybaby left home and can't go back in fear they will burn his jersey while its still on his body. Speaking of Denver, seems it wasn't all Melo's fault as they lost in the first round AGAIN. And crybaby: let's see how much he " moves the ball" in a tight 4th quarter. MVP's are supposed to take these situations over.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Real Talk 101

Also, Lebron's record in Cleveland was amazing. WTF is this CHIEF talking about?

Lebron lead ragtag groups to the best record in the NBA, to the NBA finals, etc etc...and he did it against beastly opposition.

It's just foolish to debate this. Why make NYK's franchise player look bad by feebly comparing him to Lebron.

Nooooooo, I must have missed all the chips crybaby won in Cleveland

jimkcchief88

All Star
Real Talk 101

BTW u claim to bleed orange and blue yet u swingth from cry baby's nuts like the rest....hmmmm....do u ride Reggie miller, Timmy Hardaway, and Zo's nuts too???? Real talk:)

Red

TYPE-A
Great points. I think Melo ultimately means well but he just doesn't see the big picture. His cure-for-all is just to score. I personally think he has a low basketball IQ. YOu should be able to properly adjust your game by the 3rd quarter if you're really in tune with the game. The help defense closed in hard on Melo's drives but not once did he decide to use that opportunity to create shots for someone else. I also blame this on Woodson. Hibbert constantly left TC open to help on drives to the basket.

Yeah but any pass below the waist, this dude has butter-fingers. The team except for Felton don't have confidence in dumping it off to him.

Melo's IQ is not an issue. He's a Gold Medalist, NCAA Champ, and perennial all-star. We win as a team and lose as a team. And in a team players have roles and responsibilities; Melo is a primary scorer and he actually did drive the rock. The pacers killed us on the boards because we don't rebound; because we're used to being jumpshot and tap-out happy. This was the culmination to what happens with our style, going cold, and being denied inside.

The answer is simple because it's mostly offensive, yet elusive. Either we:

1. calm down and hit our jumpers consistently (we lost the 2nd and 4th qtrs on Sun).

2. TC wakes up and invigorates the P&R game.

3. We get hungry, adapt to a tough inside game, start rebounding, and grind-it-out.

or we lose.

Red

TYPE-A

They lost. Nate was isolated to win the game.

The point should be primarily...

GET MELO GOING

EVERYTHING works from there. Fundamentals.

CA7

Scoring Champ
If anyone thinks "ISO-ball" is why we lost game 1 you have no understanding of the game of basketball

Melo not only had the highest +/- but when he went out in the 3rd quarter the Pacers lead shot up to 16 points

Melo had 1/3 of our rebounds, got no help on the glass, we had no help side defense and sucked in transition

but if you guys wanna blame iso-ball then go ahead, hope it makes you feel better

because Miami the best ball moving team in the league just lost, guess it was because of iso-ball too

Kiyaman

Legend
They lost. Nate was isolated to win the game. The point should be primarily...GET MELO GOINGEVERYTHING works from there. Fundamentals.
Nate got it great being on a 48 minute ball-movement team .... The Bulls great ball-movement from small & bigs beat Miami in Miami .. Derek Rose have to bow to this Bulls team .. Noah got his teammates playing like winning playoff-teammates

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
If anyone thinks "ISO-ball" is why we lost game 1 you have no understanding of the game of basketball

Melo not only had the highest +/- but when he went out in the 3rd quarter the Pacers lead shot up to 16 points

Melo had 1/3 of our rebounds, got no help on the glass, we had no help side defense and sucked in transition

but if you guys wanna blame iso-ball then go ahead, hope it makes you feel better

because Miami the best ball moving team in the league just lost, guess it was because of iso-ball too

this....

And if memory serves me correct this was not the first time we played iso-ball. I believe the last scoring champ from Ny was primarily iso ball. The King would carry the team literally on his back to win games. Georgetown's favorite man P Ewing played iso ball as Mark Jackson would do nothing but feed Patrick and watch him work. Iso-ball works when you have a prolific scorer and we have that guy. We are also blessed with some good role players who unfortunately did not show up on Sunday (TC, JR). Once they wake up we will forget this conversation and this thread. And ohh let's not forget the hidden gem which will be STAT when he returns on Saturday. This is going to be good my friends... real good!

jimkcchief88

All Star

This...+1 agreed and repped; and the ironic part of your post IS: Miami did lose because of.....Iso-ball...Chicago ran gasp....iso plays to Krytonate down the stretch who in turn got to the rack and led all scorers with 27, while Miami "shared the ball" and Wade and Co. Shot enough bricks to build the third pigs house....lesson: the TEAM has to knockdown shots or even the"MVP" will lose. I bet Crybaby is more "selfish" in game 2

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
this....

And if memory serves me correct this was not the first time we played iso-ball. I believe the last scoring champ from Ny was primarily iso ball. The King would carry the team literally on his back to win games. Georgetown's favorite man P Ewing played iso ball as Mark Jackson would do nothing but feed Patrick and watch him work. Iso-ball works when you have a prolific scorer and we have that guy. We are also blessed with some good role players who unfortunately did not show up on Sunday (TC, JR). Once they wake up we will forget this conversation and this thread. And ohh let's not forget the hidden gem which will be STAT when he returns on Saturday. This is going to be good my friends... real good!

Someone who remembers "the good old days":) repped

Reactions: CA7

Kiyaman

Legend
If anyone thinks "ISO-ball" is why we lost game 1 you have no understanding of the game of basketballMelo not only had the highest +/- but when he went out in the 3rd quarter the Pacers lead shot up to 16 pointsMelo had 1/3 of our rebounds, got no help on the glass, we had no help side defense and sucked in transitionbut if you guys wanna blame iso-ball then go ahead, hope it makes you feel betterbecause Miami the best ball moving team in the league just lost, guess it was because of iso-ball too
uh thats the same type of help Melo always get from his teammates in the playoff .... Melo's 82 games of iso-ball has a strange effect of taking Melo's teammates out of the playoff games .. the writing is on the wall .. 10 seasons with this being his 2nd time winning in the first-round. When Melo sat on the bench JR went ISO, thats how the Pacers lead went up to 16 We dont have any structure design plays on offense b/c of Melo & JR ISO, wanting the 1st or 2nd touch on every offensive-possession, Melo dont screen or pick for any of his teammates, plus Melo & JR shot-attempts total to 65% of the team shot attempts. Remember the NBA dont count the shot-attempt when fouled, and the only good-thang about Melo is he live on the foul line. When u mention Melo's poor defensive-effort it seems like every announcer response is Melo is injured or covering from a injury. Carmelo Anthony is just a BIG NAME product in the NBA. Some peeps dont understand Melo's stats in the 7 postseason games .. 40 min, 6 rbd, 1 ast, 1 stl, 3 TO, 3 fouls, shooting 37% I would expect better stats then that from White, Copeland, and Novak in the playoff per 40 min

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
uh thats the same type of help Melo always get from his teammates in the playoff .... Melo's 82 games of iso-ball has a strange effect of taking Melo's teammates out of the playoff games .. the writing is on the wall .. 10 seasons with this being his 2nd time winning in the first-round. When Melo sat on the bench JR went ISO, thats how the Pacers lead went up to 16 We dont have any structure design plays on offense b/c of Melo & JR ISO, wanting the 1st or 2nd touch on every offensive-possession, Melo dont screen or pick for any of his teammates, plus Melo & JR shot-attempts total to 65% of the team shot attempts. Remember the NBA dont count the shot-attempt when fouled, and the only good-thang about Melo is he live on the foul line. When u mention Melo's poor defensive-effort it seems like every announcer response is Melo is injured or covering from a injury. Carmelo Anthony is just a BIG NAME product in the NBA. Some peeps dont understand Melo's stats in the 7 postseason games .. 40 min, 6 rbd, 1 ast, 1 stl, 3 TO, 3 fouls, shooting 37% I would expect better stats then that from White, Copeland, and Novak in the playoff per 40 min

EXACTLY!! Bottom line is this is how the sixers played with AI,this is how the cavs played with James,this is how Denver played with Melo,this is how the knicks are playing now with melo and smith.Add all of that together and you have ZERO championships. Teams cannot win titles playing that way and that's a fact!!