The 2012-13 Season: KnicksOnline Fantasy Basketball League on Y!

metrocard

Legend
you know aside from NVP and dempiffcityallstars this is an incredibly fun and competitive league... I've gotta give props to the whole league for keeping my interest. I'm incredibly busy these days but I am actually making a point of setting my lineups and paying attention, even to the trade offers out there. Honestly I feel like my team is catching fire at just the right time. so it's all good. :D

Your team is busting ass right now. Sucks I gotta play the 3 hottest teams in my last 3 games lol.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Of course, when things start looking good for the Wharfies one of the major contributors has to suffer a season ending injury.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
^ It's a ****ing nightmare, Wharfies acquire Mo Williams who's doing some great job: bang, an almost season-ending injury, out at least 6-8 weeks. R'dam getting Marcin Gortat, a great center and a major contributor and bang, a season-ending injury. It's clearly a bad luck, I was pursuing Rondo for months, where would I be had I got him? :lol:

smokes

Huge Member
Players wanted: Lebron, Drummond, Wade, Monroe, Tyson Chandler, JR Smith, Bosh, Jose Calderon, Barea, Chalmers

Players available: Dragic, Speights, Bledsoe, O'Neal, Gasol (?), Randolph (?)

metro, this hasn't changed nor will it. These are the ONLY players I want to acquire/deal.

If anyone wants these players from my team but doesn't have any players from the first list, we could arrange a 3 team.

CoolClyde

hey commissioners. how are playoff spots determined if a number of teams have
the same record at the end of the regular season?

metrocard

Legend
Here it is:

Description
This article explains the criteria to break ties during the regular season, and at the end of the season to decide which teams make it into the playoffs.

Resolution
If a Head-to-Head matchup during the regular season ends in a tie, both teams receive a tie in the league standings. There is no tiebreaker in a regular season matchup.
If at the end of the season, two or more players in a Head-to-Head League finish tied in the standings, the following system is used to break the tie:

1. Overall winning percentage.
  2. Total Points (Head to Head - Points leagues only)
  3. Highest winning percentage in Week 21.
  4. Highest winning percentage in Week 20.
  5. Highest winning percentage in Week 19.
  6. Highest winning percentage in Week 18.
  7. Highest winning percentage in Week 17.
  8. Highest winning percentage in Week 16.
  9. Highest winning percentage in Week 15.
  10. Highest winning percentage in Week 14.
  11. Highest winning percentage in Week 13.
  12. Highest winning percentage in Week 12.
  13. Highest winning percentage in Week 11.
  14. Highest winning percentage in Week 10.
  15. Highest winning percentage in Week 9.
  16. Highest winning percentage in Week 8.
  17. Highest winning percentage in Week 7.
  18. Highest winning percentage in Week 6.
  19. Highest winning percentage in Week 5.
  20. Highest winning percentage in Week 4.
  21. Highest winning percentage in Week 3.
  22. Highest winning percentage in Week 2.
  23. Highest winning percentage in Week 1.
  24. Random "coin flip."
If, at the end of the season, two or more teams in a division finish with the same overall record, the following system will be used to decide the division winner:

2. Division winning percentage.
  3. Total Points (Head to Head - Points leagues only)
  4. Fantasy points scored.
  5. Fantasy points scored in Week 23.
  6. Fantasy points scored in Week 22.
  7. Fantasy points scored in Week 21.
  8. Fantasy points scored in Week 20.
  9. Fantasy points scored in Week 19.
  10. Fantasy points scored in Week 18.
  11. Fantasy points scored in Week 17.
  12. Fantasy points scored in Week 16.
  13. Fantasy points scored in Week 15.
  14. Fantasy points scored in Week 14.
  15. Fantasy points scored in Week 13.
  16. Fantasy points scored in Week 12.
  17. Fantasy points scored in Week 11.
  18. Fantasy points scored in Week 10.
  19. Fantasy points scored in Week 9.
  20. Fantasy points scored in Week 8.
  21. Fantasy points scored in Week 7.
  22. Fantasy points scored in Week 6.
  23. Fantasy points scored in Week 5.
  24. Fantasy points scored in Week 4.
  25. Fantasy points scored in Week 3.
  26. Fantasy points scored in Week 2.
  27. Fantasy points scored in Week 1.
If, at the end of the season, the two division winners or any wild card teams finish with the same overall record, the following system will be used to break the tie:

2. Total Points (Head to Head - Points leagues only)
  3. Fantasy points scored.
  4. Fantasy points scored in Week 23.
  5. Fantasy points scored in Week 22.
  6. Fantasy points scored in Week 21.
  7. Fantasy points scored in Week 20.
  8. Fantasy points scored in Week 19.
  9. Fantasy points scored in Week 18.
  10. Fantasy points scored in Week 17.
  11. Fantasy points scored in Week 16.
  12. Fantasy points scored in Week 15.
  13. Fantasy points scored in Week 14.
  14. Fantasy points scored in Week 13.
  15. Fantasy points scored in Week 12.
  16. Fantasy points scored in Week 11.
  17. Fantasy points scored in Week 10.
  18. Fantasy points scored in Week 9.
  19. Fantasy points scored in Week 8.
  20. Fantasy points scored in Week 7.
  21. Fantasy points scored in Week 6.
  22. Fantasy points scored in Week 5.
  23. Fantasy points scored in Week 4.
  24. Fantasy points scored in Week 3.
  25. Fantasy points scored in Week 2.
  26. Fantasy points scored in Week 1.
In the event that a playoff game ends in a tie, the deadlock is broken using the following system:

• Winning percentage against this opponent during the regular season
    • Head-to-Head Standard leagues: The winning percentage is based on individual stat category wins and losses, and not matchup wins and losses. (A tie is worth a half win or 0.5, and a half loss or 0.5)Example: Team A had 50 stat category wins VS. Team B's 30 stat category wins during the regular season 50 wins/80 total stat categories for a .625 win percentage.
    • Head-to-Head One-Win and Points leagues: The tiebreaker is the matchup win percentage against this opponent during the regular season. (Not stat category wins)Example: Team C beat Team D, 3 out of 4 times during the regular season for a .750 win percentage.
  • Higher playoff seed

metrocard

Legend
Very confusing, which is getting into the playoffs will be nuts. ****ing Blobman is terrorizing everyone's chances of seeing the playoffs. smokes has unleashed a demon.

smokes

Huge Member
Basically in-division ties are settled by Division Record > Total Points (there won't be a tie on total points).

Cross-division is settled purely by points.

Epic playoff battles coming this week. Clyde vs Watermelon is a huge match. Wharfies with the chance to take down Coquis injury riddled squad, even after suffering blows of his own. p0nder needing to win against 2 top teams in a row to secure his playoff spot...

metrocard

Legend
Whoa, relax. I offered, guy accepted. If you want to veto, be my guest. I threw out a lot of deals on Monday. All the players I'm giving up are quality players, Lee is an all star and Gortat, Drummond, and Gasol all have a chance to return in 3 weeks, value is there especially since these guys put up 30 points a night. I made this deal because I need live guys now to survive the first round. Isn't there a consolation round for the teams that don't make the playoffs or am I mistaken?

smokes

Huge Member
No there is no consolation for people who don't reach the playoffs and even if there was that's not a reason to trade for 3 guys who might not even play again this year :lol:

You must be a real good friend to That's Amare and New Vegas Patriots.

CoolClyde

Whoa, relax. I offered, guy accepted. If you want to veto, be my guest. I threw out a lot of deals on Monday. All the players I'm giving up are quality players, Lee is an all star and Gortat, Drummond, and Gasol all have a chance to return in 3 weeks, value is there especially since these guys put up 30 points a night. I made this deal because I need live guys now to survive the first round. Isn't there a consolation round for the teams that don't make the playoffs or am I mistaken?

ahahahahahahahahahaha. bullsh*t. can someone give Veto Corleone a call please?

That's Amar'e is out of the playoffs, this is just a favor to Faghardo to help him win.
am i mistaken? whatever.

metrocard

Legend
No there is no consolation for people who don't reach the playoffs and even if there was that's not a reason to trade for 3 guys who might not even play again this year :lol:

You must be a real good friend to That's Amare and New Vegas Patriots.

Didn't know that.
They may play, they may not. We don't now yet.
But Amare being my friend doesn't really matter since he's been one of the most serious players in this league and every deal between him and I have been fair as square.
Veto away :lol:

ahahahahahahahahahaha. bullsh*t. can someone give Veto Corleone a call please?

That's Amar'e is out of the playoffs, this is just a favor to Faghardo to help him win.
am i mistaken? whatever.

I'm gonna win the league regardless, watch when my three big men return !! lol just need to get through the first round

Besides all that ....

Can we get a recap of this playoff race?

Smokes and everyone else in the league., whats your prediction for the seeding? I don't know who Im facing the first round I just pray to god Blob City misses the playoffs for my sake or even smokes' sake :lol:

smokes

Huge Member
The playoffs are really still pretty wide open.

1st and 2nd place are virtually set in stone, 1 more win for me and those will be locked up.

3rd is almost guaranteed for metro, Wharfies could take it if he wins both and metro loses both.

4-8 is a fight between Wharfies, WaterMELOn, New Jack City, p0nder, Scorgasms, CoolClyde, Soupastars and with an outside chance are HOTMICE and Blob City (loser of their matchup will be mathematically out of the playoffs).

I don't think there will be any easy rounds in the playoffs this year. All the top teams have lost players to injury and things are really starting to even out right now.

WaterMELOn playing very risky right now though, he may be too confident after his recent winstreak, Bradley Beal gathering dust on the bench cost him an easy W last week and another week of that could put him out of the playoffs after CoolClyde's strong start to the week! A loss right now, with me coming up next week would almost certainly eliminate WaterMELOn from the post season.