Who will win the 2013 NBA Finals

Who wins the NBA Finals and in how many games

• Total voters

tiger0330

Legend
Great game 1 and brilliant basketball. Only 12 turnovers between both teams, Spurs only had 4 despite great defense on the part of both teams.

I think the Spurs win it in 5 or 6, stealing game 1 in Miami isn't easy. Interesting move by Spoelstra was going without a PG in the final few minutes and having Lebron guard Tony Parker.

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Tony Parker with the play of the game to ice it. what a play. what a game.
although cHeat have the athleticism in LeBone and DuhWade, along with 3 power
in Rayallen, Mrs. Miller and Chalmers, I think the Spurs' Popovitch will outcoach
the cHeaters, and the original big 3 of Duncan, Parker and ManoMan will outplay
their hotheaded opponents. Spurs in 6.

smokes

Huge Member
Spurs will win, I voted 7 but I meant 6 or maybe 5 (?) can't remember the game order for finals. Is it 2-3-2? I don't think the Spurs will lose at home.

Not one... Not two... Not three... Not four... Not five... Oh wait just one Championship!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Great game 1 and brilliant basketball. Only 12 turnovers between both teams, Spurs only had 4 despite great defense on the part of both teams.

I think the Spurs win it in 5 or 6, stealing game 1 in Miami isn't easy. Interesting move by Spoelstra was going without a PG in the final few minutes and having Lebron guard Tony Parker.

I was arguing with my best friend( and Lebron nutswinger) about this fact. I tried to tell him that Parker is an elite PG who won't give the game away and will be a handful for Miami's nonexistent backcourt. He countered that "best player on the planet" Lebron is the best on the ball defender in the league and "Jordanlike" in defending guards. Tried to tell him that PiP was the better on the ball defender than Jordan and Lebron is trouble if he gets stuck guarding Parker. He tried tell me Lebron guarding Parker was a great idea"situationally." I told him that "situation" would favor the Spurs. Can't wait to talk to him today to hear his excuses for "best player on the planet" getting torched by Parker in that end of game "situation."

bigapple

Starter
Spurs played their OWN style team basketball during whole playoffs

Heat are changing style for every opponent.

game 1 Lebron became Steve Nash and Jason Kidd.

Tim the real King Duncan totaly outplaed The Birdman and Haslem PJ Brown was better defender than Haslem.

Spurs was simply unlucky during corner threes otherwise that game could be ended with bigger deficit.

Tony its simply this is just basketball version of Xavi Heat will be making bad decision but double or even triple team he will allways pass to not covered temmate who can easly drive.

And again as usual outstanding 4th quarter for Dwade and LE...............as usuall and NBA called him MVP.

bigapple

Starter
Spurs will win, I voted 7 but I meant 6 or maybe 5 (?) can't remember the game order for finals. Is it 2-3-2? I don't think the Spurs will lose at home.

Not one... Not two... Not three... Not four... Not five... Oh wait just one Championship!

well i will call that disrespect and u ?:)

Kiyaman

Legend
I was arguing with my best friend( and Lebron nutswinger) about this fact. I tried to tell him that Parker is an elite PG who won't give the game away and will be a handful for Miami's nonexistent backcourt. He countered that "best player on the planet" Lebron is the best on the ball defender in the league and "Jordanlike" in defending guards. Tried to tell him that PiP was the better on the ball defender than Jordan and Lebron is trouble if he gets stuck guarding Parker. He tried tell me Lebron guarding Parker was a great idea"situationally." I told him that "situation" would favor the Spurs. Can't wait to talk to him today to hear his excuses for "best player on the planet" getting torched by Parker in that end of game "situation."

In 40 years of watching NBA .. Scotty Pippen showed to be the best defender of guards, then come Dennis Johnson at number 2. No player has yet to touch their pedigree of defensive-talent.

Charmers & Cole were doing a good job on Parker and all the amazing screens Duncan kept providing for Parker.
D.Wade is a better defender of guards then Lebron .. I didnt understand coach Spoe or Lebron decision in the 4th quarter lineup without a PG.

I had already gave the first game to the Spurs for being a well rested old-veteran team, who 4 Title experience knew to save their energy for the 4th quarter. If the Spurs cant take it in Game-6 .. then Game-7 my money is on the Miami Heat...

tiger0330

Legend
In 40 years of watching NBA .. Scotty Pippen showed to be the best defender of guards, then come Dennis Johnson at number 2. No player has yet to touch their pedigree of defensive-talent.

Charmers & Cole were doing a good job on Parker and all the amazing screens Duncan kept providing for Parker.
D.Wade is a better defender of guards then Lebron .. I didnt understand coach Spoe or Lebron decision in the 4th quarter lineup without a PG.

I had already gave the first game to the Spurs for being a well rested old-veteran team, who 4 Title experience knew to save their energy for the 4th quarter. If the Spurs cant take it in Game-6 .. then Game-7 my money is on the Miami Heat...
Clyde and Payton were better than Dennis Johnson. Clyde perfected the art of stealing the basketball, they probably started keeping thefts as a stat because of him and they didn't call Gary Payton the "Glove" for nothing.

Sportiqe

Rookie
I believe that Heat will win in &. First off because NBA wants TV ratings and money so no doubt it will go to 7 in that aspect. And as for the winning team? Heat will win because Spurs are just to old to go that many games. But no doubt that it will go to 7. Especially if Joey Crawford has any say in that. He wants all the TV time he can get.

Kiyaman

Legend
Clyde and Payton were better than Dennis Johnson. Clyde perfected the art of stealing the basketball, they probably started keeping thefts as a stat because of him and they didn't call Gary Payton the "Glove" for nothing.

Good-one .. Payton (Glove) was a great defender on the Sonics, but Dennis Johnson took the Sonics to the FINALS to win the MVP in 1978-79.
And Clyde Frazier defense slipped away once we signed Earl Pearl Monroe, Clyde became our 20 point scorer, plus Pete Rose ate Clyde up everytime in MSG, one time for 63 points.

tiger0330

Legend
Kiyaman if basketball history was a subject in school you would get an A. Me probably no better than a C student. :)

BTW, RIP Dennis Johnson a great player that passed too early.

clumsy

Rotation player
I'd probably go for the Spurs. They are the best passing/highest IQ team in the league. Also they will expose the Heat for being undersized better than the Pacers just because they have better players, and better shooters.

Also i think the Heat are too injured. Wade just doesn't look like Wade anymore...his speed has greatly diminished. Bosh hasn't been great either this playoffs, although he's basically a SF game, 18 feet away from the Basket, so he'll probably have a couple games where he catches fire.. I think the x Factor for the Heat is someone like Shane Battier. They can't play him right now cuz his 3 isn't dropping, but if it does that could change the series cuz they need someone with his help defense.

bigapple

Starter
statisticly SPurs are just simply killing

they are 5-0 all time in NBA finals in game 1

since GSW even the series to 2-2 in semis Spurs are 9-0 right now it means they r 13-2

Heat exibition with Bucks was 4-0 they lost game 1 with injured Bulls without Deng Rose Hinrich we kno why

and vs Pacers with help of refs they were forced to game 7 which NBA wanted Heat in Finals

Now SPurs interesting if it will happend same as vs Dallas game 2 will be key game for this series

tiger0330

Legend
statisticly SPurs are just simply killing

they are 5-0 all time in NBA finals in game 1

since GSW even the series to 2-2 in semis Spurs are 9-0 right now it means they r 13-2

Heat exibition with Bucks was 4-0 they lost game 1 with injured Bulls without Deng Rose Hinrich we kno why

and vs Pacers with help of refs they were forced to game 7 which NBA wanted Heat in Finals

Now SPurs interesting if it will happend same as vs Dallas game 2 will be key game for this series
Pacers beat themselves, they committed 111 TO's in 7 games. If they committed half that many they might be playing the Spurs.

Yahoo Sports described the Spurs style of play as methodical. I have to agree, they have been a machine in the playoffs. Committing only 4 turnovers against the ball pressure of the Heat was amazing.

bigapple

Starter
damn this video + music and that art is just like MJ act amazing.

tru pacers lost thru their TO's i admit that.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'd probably go for the Spurs. They are the best passing/highest IQ team in the league. Also they will expose the Heat for being undersized better than the Pacers just because they have better players, and better shooters.

Also i think the Heat are too injured. Wade just doesn't look like Wade anymore...his speed has greatly diminished. Bosh hasn't been great either this playoffs, although he's basically a SF game, 18 feet away from the Basket, so he'll probably have a couple games where he catches fire.. I think the x Factor for the Heat is someone like Shane Battier. They can't play him right now cuz his 3 isn't dropping, but if it does that could change the series cuz they need someone with his help defense.

I would like to go for the Spurs too, the Heats biggest weakness are defending opponents bigmen with great passing-skills, and Duncan has been the leagues best passin-bigman in the league for so long.
Coach Pop got Splitter & Diaw followin Duncan's lead .. with Green followin Parker's lead .. Leonard followin Ginobli's lead .... Coach Pop got a helluva 7-Man rotation that plays at any tempo on offense/defense .. Swept Lakers & Grizz, gave GS Steph Curry 6 games. A+ NBA Basketball Team.
However .......

I do not SLEEP on D.Wade & Lebron at any level of NBA Basketball, especially in a series .. we all know it was illegal for the two super-stars to be teammates .. one of the super-stars have to play down just to make the game look legal, the 27 win streak, and winning 36 games of the Heats final 38 games of the regular-season were a strong statement to the NBA League Teams and Sterns new CBA rules.
Swept Bucks, gave Bulls 5 games, and gave Pacers 7 games. A+ NBA Basketball Team.

All the Championship ring players n the super high-ratings are ready for all 7 games to be played ....
And 7 games favors the HEATS...

bigapple

Starter
Doesnt matter where Spurs are playing game1 they are able to steal ut from U anyway this is the finals.

Look how amazing NBA adenture had POPovich since he started as coach of SPURS 1st pick Duncan then Parker and then Ginobili and then 4 titles :)

btw heat r 3-4 in last 7 games spurs are current 9-0 streak.

both Duncan Parker r playing their life playoffs if we r talkin about shape and r on roll.

tiger0330

Legend
If Miami can find 3 more games like yesterday they'll win. Ray Allan with a three from the left side, Mike Miller with a three from the right side and Lebron and DWade in the paint and Bosh scoring. That is tough to beat when all those pieces are going off like yesterday, no way even the best defensive team in the league can defend that.

I may have underestimated Miami's chances because SA had such an easy time in the WC playoffs. The Heat are the toughest team they have faced.

bigapple

Starter
big 3 in game 3 was Neal and Green there should be much more 3s which they miss.

But Parker is factor he is diesel power for this series.

i dont know if Spurs can keep current roster [besides T-Mac] but if some key players will stay it will be Spurs in finals 2014 fur sure.