Can We Win w/ D'Antoni

jimkcchief88

All Star
You're a sad clown.

sad_clown.jpg

You may have been a fan years ago when you still had testosterone running through your body but now you are pure emo estrogen. Take some Midol...it will ease your cramping and maybe help alleviate your douche-bagged'ness.

You are a fake fan because you don't like our roster, don't like our coach, don't like our management and want to bet AGAINST the Knicks doing good. Dude, I don't need to make some stupid bet, call me any name you want because it does not bother me and I will continue to call you Jimqueef the Style Thief. That said, I am all in on the Knicks making the payoffs this year and you can quote me on that. Further I never made any claims that D'ant will win COY or that Amare will "revolutionize" the East...that my dimwitted over the hill chump is a delusion you made up in order to dodge all my REAL points. And my skeet I put that ON CHIEF!!!!

HIT A LITTLE CLOSE TO HOME SO YOU CHANGED YOUR SIG TO A SELF PORTRAIT......DON'T MESS WITH THE CHIEF YOU LITTLE SQAUW!!!!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
HIT A LITTLE CLOSE TO HOME SO YOU CHANGED YOUR SIG TO A SELF PORTRAIT......DON'T MESS WITH THE CHIEF YOU LITTLE SQAUW!!!!

You're mad and you have nothing to say...go cry in the corner and daydream of the day when Regan was prez and you still had a life. Over the hill chump hypocrites with ZERO basketball knowledge are just plain sad...

knicksin60

Starter
After reading this thread I am now convinced that Mike D'antoni is the best coach for the Knicks.Let us no longer call him "Celebrity" coach D'amphony, but "Potentially Gifted" coach D'antoni.Give the poor man a break! He is in a similar situation as our president, meaning, he isn't as terrible as his predecessor but isn't as effective as the one who was in charge when things were going good.And just because Mike D'antoni hasn't been as successful coaching the Knicks as Jeff Van Gundy was doesn't mean that with a cast of young and highly talented players he wouldn't take the Knicks to the promised land.Did anyone really expect D'antoni to win 40 games with the one dimensional Al No Sharrington, Larry "I Can't Stop Taking Bad Shots" Hughes, Chris Duhorrible, and Nate Robinson --who possesses the skills of an NBA player but has the attention span of a Pomeranian?

I am appalled by the Mike D'antoni hatred that resides in the minds and hearts of many Knick fans.The average Knick fan should be building a Mike D'antoni statue in front of MSG for him choosing to coach the Knicks over the much talented Chicago Bulls.I admire a man who'd rather go with the less attractive girl to the prom over the prom queen.Mike D'antoni could very well be part of the greatest Cinderella story to ever take place in sports history and Knick fans are ready to send him his walking papers without giving him one opportunity to prove himself?

I'm sure that there were many Laker fans who wanted to crucify Pat Riley before he won his titles with the "Show Time" Lakers.And I'm also sure that there were a lot Bulls fans from the city of Chicago who doubted Phil Jackson's ability to coach the Bulls past the Pistons in the playoffs.The bottom line is that great coaches don't evolve over night and if it was up to Knick fans to be in charge of front office decisions the Knicks would probably be coached by Ronald Mcdonald or Lady Gaga.Knick fans need to appreciate what they have now and allow Mike D'antoni the chance to at least coach their team to the playoffs.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Darko was given time early and was terrible...it became clear early on that we were not going to get any value for Darko.

Nate was given time and rather than act like an adult, he talked back to the coach when he was being reprimanded for shooting at the wrong hoop. Again, word of advice: do not talk back to the coach if you want to continue to play.

Larry was given time as well, but never really "fit in" on the team and went public being upset with coach D'Antoni...

Meanwhile: Lee shut his mouth and played hard getting consistent burn. Jefferies continued to play. Al Harrington continued to get minutes.

Whether you hate him or love him, you have to be on the coach's goodside in order to play...would you rather be on your bosses good side or bad side? How quickly would your boss fire you if you messed up, he spoke to you about the issue, and you mouthed off back?

Earl Barron gave a great effort, I'm not debating that. And I agree we need a Center...but we don't need to carry 5 centers on this squad. D'Antoni, for as much as you hate every piece of ground he has ever walked on, has tried to play centers...he gave Barron some burn, he gave Darko burn early until he played himself out of a job, and when Curry is available he tries to give him burn. But right now we have solid-interior defender Turiaf, we have Mozgov, we have Jordan, we have Curry...why throw a fifth center (1/3 of our entire team) in the mix when it is unlikely for Barron to get any burn at all. I understand WHY you need a center, any person with the ability to type knows that. But you can't just stockpile your team with centers, there are other positions of need and the fact that Barron has not been signed by ANY TEAM (not just our hateful, terrible front office in NY) tells me he is more Randolph Morris than he is Shaquille O'Neal.
K black this post is foolish.

Look up the stats with Darko on the T wolves averaging 25 min a game and then look at Jeffries on the Knicks when he averaged 28 min a game.

Darko's numbers are clearly better with more ppg, rebounds, assists, etc.

Jordan Hill on the rockets at 16 min per game had better numbers than Jeffries did on the Knicks with 28 min per game! How is that possible?

The fact is that Jeffries was less productive than Hill and Darko could have been.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You're mad and you have nothing to say...go cry in the corner and daydream of the day when Regan was prez and you still had a life. Over the hill chump hypocrites with ZERO basketball knowledge are just plain sad...

I got plenty to say, just not to you TRILLY A WOMEN!!!! You never answered my question: which one are u, the blond or the brunette????

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I got plenty to say, just not to you TRILLY A WOMEN!!!! You never answered my question: which one are u, the blond or the brunette????

I'm neither...I am a man. (see I can answer a direct question unlike u)Funny that you keep using my style and trying to call me a woman when it is you who is clearly ovulating and bleeding all over this thread. Ah well, I don't blame you for not even trying to debate me...you are outclassed and your frail osteoporosis ridden bones can't take the beating. Go grab a cane, tampon and a clue you over the hill cornball. :cool:

Jimqueef the Style Thief living up to his lame name but trying to jock my steelo as his own. Go ahead dude, you can rent my swagger, I got more then enough.

mgblack3

Rookie
This why i hate the Bulls even more....

Living here in Illinois is so hard. Bulls talking of stealing Melo from under our nose, and now this conversation regarding coaching.

Why couldnt the Bulls hire DAntoni when we did? I think the Tom Thibidoux era in Chicago will prove more fruitful than Mike "NO-D" 'Antoni.

That being said, we need to build this team in a manner that fits his style. Amare cant play much D, but he can sure move. If we get Melo and a true point like Paul, we stand a much better chance at success.

Quote me...we will land Chris Paul before we get Melo!

Quote me more......D'Antoni must adjust his style slightly for the Knicks to succeed.

Go Knicks.

Like many Knicks Fans I am happy that we can now look back at the Isaiah Era as we move forward and try to restore the prominence of what was once a proud and respected franchise. I think Donnie Walsh has been decent as a GM as he was able to clean house and give the Knicks young talent and some flexibility to work with in the future. Up until this point however, the Knicks have not show any real improvement. This of course is part of the rebuilding process and considering how there was no real continuity and players were all looking out for themselves with contracts expiring, to fault D'Antoni at this point would be premature.

Up until this point, I have ignored most of the criticism of our coach as he has never really had much of a chance to put his system into place. I think the most legitimate point that has been made is his lack of emphasis on defense and rebounding. Even as a D'Antoni supporter I am truly concerned by his disregard for the two most critical components of championship winning basketball. I have no doubt that the Knicks will be entertaining but quite frankly I got plenty of that reading the newspapers when Isaiah was running things. I don't care about just "making the playoffs" I want to dominate.

Looking back on the history of the NBA, I cannot recall a team outside of perhaps the Showtime Lakers that could get away with average defense and go deep into the playoffs. As potent as the D'Antoni Offense can be I honestly feel that this Knicks team regardless of personal will not win the Eastern Conference Finals unless D'Antoni accommodates more effective defensive players at the expense of his personal taste. So when Donnie is looking to trade Wilson for Rudy most people scratch their head, but in D'Antoni's "system" which overvalues offensive prowess and undervalues defense this is a slam dunk.

Considering where we stand now do you feel D'Antoni will be able to coach a contender?

KBlack25

Starter
K black this post is foolish.

Look up the stats with Darko on the T wolves averaging 25 min a game and then look at Jeffries on the Knicks when he averaged 28 min a game.

Darko's numbers are clearly better with more ppg, rebounds, assists, etc.

Jordan Hill on the rockets at 16 min per game had better numbers than Jeffries did on the Knicks with 28 min per game! How is that possible?

The fact is that Jeffries was less productive than Hill and Darko could have been.

I think someone said it about Kurt Thomas elsewhere but Jefferies' numbers and effectiveness translate poorly to traditional metrics (ppg, rpg, apg). However, Jefferies had a 1.3 defensive win share (how many wins his defense added) whereas Darko had a .1. I have been on this board all along saying I wanted to at least see what Hill had, I disagreed from the get go that Hill should not have been playing.

Darko's numbers, I believe, are due in large part to the situation he was put in. In Memphis Darko had Marc Gasol and Gay and Mayo taking away a lot of the defenses' attention. In Minnesota, Jefferson and Love were two guys in the post the defense was forced to keep an eye on, again opening Darko up for easier looks. The Knicks, on the other hand, only had Lee to take away the eyes off of Darko down-low...so the numbers are a bit skewed.

I agree on Hill though.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'm neither...I am a man. (see I can answer a direct question unlike u)Funny that you keep using my style and trying to call me a woman when it is you who is clearly ovulating and bleeding all over this thread. Ah well, I don't blame you for not even trying to debate me...you are outclassed and your frail osteoporosis ridden bones can't take the beating. Go grab a cane, tampon and a clue you over the hill cornball. :cool:

Jimqueef the Style Thief living up to his lame name but trying to jock my steelo as his own. Go ahead dude, you can rent my swagger, I got more then enough.

TRILLY A WOMAN: You have no style or swag so there's nothin' bitten on wat I've written. You make old jokes bout old folks, but I ain't one, got more game than AND1... take you on the court and skool ya like ya mama shoulda, dont let the smooth taste foolya.....Play your position or runover like a game of red rover....dont mess with the CHIEF cause you'll get burnt up like a SUPERNOVA

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
TRILLY A WOMAN: You have no style or swag so there's nothin' bitten on wat I've written. You make old jokes bout old folks, but I ain't one, got more game than AND1... take you on the court and skool ya like ya mama shoulda, dont let the smooth taste foolya.....Play your position or runover like a game of red rover....dont mess with the CHIEF cause you'll get burnt up like a SUPERNOVA

Lol at this girl talkin bout a supernova
Frail with no force but he is older than Yoda
It's over...you cant stand my heat
Could not stay on topic this is your 2nd defeat
Don't make me pull a hat trick
I'll smack a bitch quick you all mixed up like Bisquick
My pimp game is too tight
Mid-west cornballs pulling a knife at gun fight
You out classed and got smashed
I got fresh shit you got cashed...
Like a bowl of chronic I ended you with just a few hits
I shatter your psyche causing convulsions and fits
Midlife crisis, elevated estrogen and a pair of bitch tits
Female persona, betting against the Knicks you know I own ya
Call me Dolan...you hurt, mad and your vagina is swollen
I'm like the Juggernaut when I get rolling
I'm unstoppable when you can't even begin
My word play hit you hard like straight bottles of gin
It's another clear win...for the champ
You a chump and about as bright as a broken lamp

BTW, you once again bit my style because I was freestyling on kats last year...

Paul1355

All Star
I'll smack a bitch quick you all mixed up like Bisquick

NICE

owned

The Mic should be renamed to trillion.

i highlighted the parts were i laughed.

amazing how something random like that is better than half the stupid rap that is out there with fools makin millions.

Chamillionare aint a Trillionaire lol

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
NICE

owned

The Mic should be renamed to trillion.

i highlighted the parts were i laughed.

amazing how something random like that is better than half the stupid rap that is out there with fools makin millions.

Chamillionare aint a Trillionaire lol

Ah thank ya sir.

Can we win with Mike D'Antoni?

I believe we can not win a championship with Mike,however we can win a playoff series or two.I think Mike is a great coach and has a great system that entertains with fast break dunks and a flurry of three-pointers but i don't think this system will work with these type of players. I think we should follow the Magic's system and the way they utilize their three-point shooters and slashers . I think we are one rebounding center and legit Sg away from being an elite team.

Felton could be Nelson
Sg = our hole
Gallo could be Lewis
Amare our go to scorer
C = our hole

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Can we win with Mike D'Antoni?

I believe we can not win a championship with Mike,however we can win a playoff series or two.I think Mike is a great coach and has a great system that entertains with fast break dunks and a flurry of three-pointers but i don't think this system will work with these type of players. I think we should follow the Magic's system and the way they utilize their three-point shooters and slashers . I think we are one rebounding center and legit Sg away from being an elite team.

Felton could be Nelson
Sg = our hole
Gallo could be Lewis
Amare our go to scorer
C = our hole

We have acquired a bunch of defensive players who can also score so I don't see why D'ant's system can't win a title. He was very close in Phoenix and they would have wiped the floor with the Cavs had they made it past game 7 of the Western conference finals.

portega1968

El Cacique
someone please call the suicide prevention hotline!!!

the blonde chick on the right in Trillion's Sig is seriously choking her twat.

jimkcchief88

All Star
frealI'll smack a bitch quick you all mixed up like Bisquick

TRILLY A WOMAN wants to play I gotcha
Don't mess with a real Midwest Choppa
Jus call me POPPA
Trilly calls herself Lecture,
but I aint Jodi Foster
BTW Who's your Ghostwrita???
She claims she has universal style, to that, I step back, slap my knee and smile
Too scared to bet me bout the Knicks record
no facts not knowin so I'm here to check ya
Say I'm older than Yoda
More like Kenobi
Take on all comers
Just like Shenobi
Keep messin with da Chief
slap you wit my pipe
then smoke ya
jus like an OG's supposed ta
no peace

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
TRILLY A WOMAN wants to play I gotcha
Don't mess with a real Midwest Choppa
Jus call me POPPA
Trilly calls herself Lecture,
but I aint Jodi Foster
BTW Who's your Ghostwrita???
She claims she has universal style, to that, I step back, slap my knee and smile
Too scared to bet me bout the Knicks record
no facts not knowin so I'm here to check ya
Say I'm older than Yoda
More like Kenobi
Take on all comers
Just like Shenobi
Keep messin with da Chief
slap you wit my pipe
then smoke ya
jus like an OG's supposed ta
no peace

You ask about a ghostwriter
Because you subconsciously admit that I am hyper
than an over the hill cornball I'm like a finely tuned Viper
You an old ass dude who obviously needs a diaper
my words are venomous like a black widow spider
you aint got an antidote for the hot shit that I wrote
I already won and it's a unanimous vote
you aint got no hope
I can spit shit for days leaving you in a daze
like a drug virgin takin hits of dust mixed wit haze
you corny like maze while I straight amaze
refreshing the page praying for praise
but you get no burn
other then my cremation leaving u in an urn
You a bum ass lame with less than zero game
still want to bet against a team that you claim
Should have just put me on ignore and saved yourself the shame
You junior varsity and Im an NBA game
A blow out by half time
BTW Foster and lecture don't even rhyme
How bout some cheese and crackers to go with that whine...

iSaYughh

Starter
Rofllmao. So much win. I thought the rapping would have apexed with the first one, but this took the good and made it sublime.

Laughter aside, that is some ferocious firepower by way of rhyme.

Trill, how did you/how long did it take to hone those skills? How much natural ability vs practice and thought, or even work?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Rofllmao. So much win. I thought the rapping would have apexed with the first one, but this took the good and made it sublime.

Laughter aside, that is some ferocious firepower by way of rhyme.

Trill, how did you/how long did it take to hone those skills? How much natural ability vs practice and thought, or even work?

Thanks iSa. I grew up listening to hip hop so it's in my blood. I used to freestyle with my boys for fun when we would get bent and I dabbled with a bit of writing for a short time in high school. I also embarrassed myself a few times trying to jump in a rhyme cipher or two with NORE and other Lefrak kats before he really blew up. When my boys come down to Miami to visit from NYC we will go out and get bent and end up spitting stupid shit on the car ride home. Other than that I don't practice the craft any longer.

I like to write prose and I have a large vocab mixed with some wit so it really is just a written freestyle. I don't know what is going to come out until it's written and it takes me less than 15 mins and I am done. That is why if this cornball wants to keep getting abused I will be more than happy to oblige. I enjoy this shit and wish I knew a website I could go and battle on for fun. BTW, weed helps! :cool: