Lin frustrated with Glenn "Jello" Robinson and Whackimire

metrocard

Legend
How can you coach this?
Soft overpaid one dimensional want-to-be superstars who can't even rank up in the top 30.

When you give up 17 offensive rebounds and get out rebounded the whole game, don't expect to win. Also Lin's man defense is not the best and he will get beat by top guards just like everyone else does, particularly if there is no help defense. He has GREAT defensive instincts otherwise however; Ginobili like, moves into the right spots and gets a lot of steals (2.4 since the first Nets game I believe, would be 2nd in the league). In this possession he defended about as well as you could possibly hope for, but Whack and Jello are liabilities on D. At least someone on the team wants to be a leader and win...thats def not Jello and Whack.

Imagine if the Knicks never traded for Melo

Glen Robinson/Whackimire. The most pathetic "superstar" duo in the history of the NBA. 

Last edited:

fender0577

Rotation player
Was he yelling at STAT?Go lin, go, lol.That's what these guys need, god knows the coach won't do it.I'm glad i missed this one, because i had to take out my lady.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
I know Stat & Melo are scorers, but really, their feet never left the ground.

I hope Lin takes charge and tells them.

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
This play was odd because Since there was an airball, Amare boxed out Gooden, and Melo seemed to try to double where he thought the ball was going, I guess thinking that there was no time for a pass and shoot- the whole double tip thing was so perfectly executed as the clock expired.. even Clyde said the bucks were really lucky here.. seems we can't get a break of late. (Not trying to make excuses for these guys tho they played terribly all game on D)

But yea this play will haunt me for a long time and this Ilyasova guy is a beast on the boards, anyone see his 20+/ 25 rebound game (13 offensive) against NJ?? Supposedly they might trade him.

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
Lol i am looking at it now and honestly in the garden they may have called this a 24 second violation.. its sooooooooo close - How does this type of stuff always happen to us of late!

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
Carmelo Anthony took so many bad shots- he really specializes in getting the ball, holding it for five seconds, and then doing an off balance turnaround jumper from a bad angle and barely htiting the rim- that's his shot. Or else he chucks up a three pointer with 15 seconds left on the shot clock- anything rather than keep the flow of the ball movement going until they get a good shot. Anthony is very over-rated- he is not a good team player, and his shot selection is awful. They should trade Anthony for a player with good defense and rebounding who can also fit in with a fast-paced game,. if they can get one.

Rob Low

Rotation player
That was an air ball that came right to Gooden and he tipped it. That happens all the time. This NY media has really hyped Lin up to the point were he thinks he can yell at guys that are proven all stars for the last decade. Jennings was lighting him up most of the game and no one said anything to him. What about when he was getting 8 or 9 TOs a game and Miami made him look like a child. Melo and Stat didn't scream at him, they encouraged him and told him to keep his head up. Lin needs to work on his handles and focus on being a pass first PG and not let this Linsanity bullshit get to this head.

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
That was an air ball that came right to Gooden and he tipped it. That happens all the time. This NY media has really hyped Lin up to the point were he thinks he can yell at guys that are proven all stars for the last decade. Jennings was lighting him up most of the game and no one said anything to him. What about when he was getting 8 or 9 TOs a game and Miami made him look like a child. Melo and Stat didn't scream at him, they encouraged him and told him to keep his head up. Lin needs to work on his handles and focus on being a pass first PG and not let this Linsanity bullshit get to this head.

Completely agree here. Nice points :) but seriously I'm shocked D'antoni hasn't chewed out amare the past 2 games, all he does is waste time yellling at the refs! Imagine how tony douglas feels after getting made an example of all of last year?

skisloper

Starter
How can you bitch and moan that LIN has the balls to open his mouth....we complain about the same thing every game....He is the PG and floor leader I am glad he opened his mouth since Dantonio doesnt.....As long as what he says is the truth how can one argue

fender0577

Rotation player
How can you bitch and moan that LIN has the balls to open his mouth....we complain about the same thing every game....He is the PG and floor leader I am glad he opened his mouth since Dantonio doesnt.....As long as what he says is the truth how can one argue
:agreed:Exactly what i said, someone do it, because C'ANToni won't.

Rob Low

Rotation player
There's a lot of times when I feel Melo and Stat should be yelled at for their play but not on that play. That was just a weird play that benefited the Bucks. Those happen from time to time, there's nothing that can be done about it. Stat boxed Gooden out, how was he supposed to know it was gonna be an air ball that would go right to Gooden. If anything he should of been yelled at for that travel.

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
Because he was wrong, they didn't do anything wrong here.. it was freak play, unlike the play right before that , where lin threw the ball over amares head.. and cost us the game also

fender0577

Rotation player
While i agree the media has gone way overboard, with this LINMANIA, lins mistake come of effort plays, while STAT gives zero effort on the defensive end, that's why most of lins mistake are given a pass, and STAT's aren't.

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
This team really just needs a hardass coach who doesnt stop yelling at them, like Doc rivers or Stan V. Its that simple.. I think it would do wonders for guys like Melo who dont want their feelings hurt

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
While i agree the media has gone way overboard, with this LINMANIA, lins mistake come of effort plays, while STAT gives zero effort on the defensive end, that's why most of lins mistake are given a pass, and STAT's aren't.

I agree with you , so yell at him at a time when you see him dogging it, not on a freak buzzer beater tip in where they really don't wanna commit a foul and your back is to the play so u couldnt even see what happened!

fender0577

Rotation player
I agree with you , so yell at him at a time when you see him dogging it, not on a freak buzzer beater tip in where they really don't wanna commit a foul and your back is to the play so u couldnt even see what happened!
:agreed::agreed::agreed:I just think, it has been building up over time, but i agree, that wasn't the time to do it.

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
I think I might be the only one here but I am actually pretty happy with the effort I saw last nite. This is the most cohesion i have seen with Melo, Stat, and Lin. Lin/ Baron together looked damn good at times. I think the bucks had a lot of luck at times with some really bad 3 point shots, and the refs were on their side for sure. I also think Stat played pretty well, he was more aggresive and had a nice big + rating. I think Chandler's Hammy injury will give the Wrist time to heal so he will be more of an offensive force again! , So, not everything is looking down guys..

I am also starting to see Novak as somewhat as a liability as his rebounds for minutes are just pathetic as a forward. If Chandler is not in the lineup, I don't think we can have Novak on the floor, unless we are down a lot and have no choice.

metrocard

Legend
This isn't really about the play exactly, Melo and Amare have consistently shown by their body language they're not into the game unless the ball is in their hands.

MELO didn't even MOVE. Thats what happens all the time. These guys are horrible playing off the ball, especially defensively.

Lin isn't hyped anymore, get over it. The media is currently sucking Manning, Sanchez and Kony off.
Lin can YELL at lazy ass players, he established himself as a co-LEADER on the court in our win streak.

Jennings is a 20 ppg scorer in the NBA on average...He had 25 points together, some of those were on Lin some of those were on Davis. Thats expected and thats why no one said anything.

But when Michael Dunleavy Jr goes 10-16 FG 3-6 3pt on 25 points and Ersan hits 26 points ...you HAVE to question how much pride Glenn Robinson and Whackimire take in their game. You have to QUESTION will these guys ever take a leadership role on both sides of the court because they've been offensively inconsistent and defensively nonexistant.

Players like Lin will improve throughout time, he's only had about 50 games in his NBA career. But in those 50 games, Lin showed more balls and determination to win, hustle and will to work it out with his teammates than Melo or Amare has ever shown.

Lin is not Steve Nash, Lin is Lin, a SG converted into PG who can rank up a bunch of steals, assist, turnovers and points with an improving jumpshot.

Per 36 he's averaging 20.8 ppg 8.7 assist and 2.3 steals per game.

He's at rookie of the year level of play with guys like Irving and Rubio (even though I feel Irving and Rubio are superior players and will surpass guys like Rose and Westbrook in a couple of years).

Lin is great, and he's been great for us. His collapse against Miami was due to him trying to serve to Melo and Amare.

metrocard

Legend
I think I might be the only one here but I am actually pretty happy with the effort I saw last nite. This is the most cohesion i have seen with Melo, Stat, and Lin. Lin/ Baron together looked damn good at times. I think the bucks had a lot of luck at times with some really bad 3 point shots, and the refs were on their side for sure. I also think Stat played pretty well, he was more aggresive and had a nice big + rating. I think Chandler's Hammy injury will give the Wrist time to heal so he will be more of an offensive force again! , So, not everything is looking down guys..

I am also starting to see Novak as somewhat as a liability as his rebounds for minutes are just pathetic as a forward. If Chandler is not in the lineup, I don't think we can have Novak on the floor, unless we are down a lot and have no choice.

Dude...Novak is really a SF and never been a rebounder in his career.

and defensively, Melo/Amare together is a diaster. We were suppose to win tonight and this game can mark the beginning of our ending.

Cavs are improving immensely in each game they play, just beat the Thunder on an away game. Varejao is coming back into that rotation, led by Kyrie Irving, Cavs may very well take the 8th spot away from us.

This is a very concerning loss.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This isn't really about the play exactly, Melo and Amare have consistently shown by their body language they're not into the game unless the ball is in their hands.

MELO didn't even MOVE. Thats what happens all the time. These guys are horrible playing off the ball, especially defensively.

Lin isn't hyped anymore, get over it. The media is currently sucking Manning, Sanchez and Kony off.
Lin can YELL at lazy ass players, he established himself as a co-LEADER on the court in our win streak.

Jennings is a 20 ppg scorer in the NBA on average...He had 25 points together, some of those were on Lin some of those were on Davis. Thats expected and thats why no one said anything.

But when Michael Dunleavy Jr goes 10-16 FG 3-6 3pt on 25 points and Ersan hits 26 points ...you HAVE to question how much pride Glenn Robinson and Whackimire take in their game. You have to QUESTION will these guys ever take a leadership role on both sides of the court because they've been offensively inconsistent and defensively nonexistant.

Players like Lin will improve throughout time, he's only had about 50 games in his NBA career. But in those 50 games, Lin showed more balls and determination to win, hustle and will to work it out with his teammates than Melo or Amare has ever shown.

Lin is not Steve Nash, Lin is Lin, a SG converted into PG who can rank up a bunch of steals, assist, turnovers and points with an improving jumpshot.

Per 36 he's averaging 20.8 ppg 8.7 assist and 2.3 steals per game.

He's at rookie of the year level of play with guys like Irving and Rubio (even though I feel Irving and Rubio are superior players and will surpass guys like Rose and Westbrook in a couple of years).

Lin is great, and he's been great for us. His collapse against Miami was due to him trying to serve to Melo and Amare.

:peace::peace: