Lin frustrated with Glenn "Jello" Robinson and Whackimire

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
Every thing you said is totally true, but I still don't think Lin needs to alienate his teamates a la Kobe etc.. hes building his rep right now, and doesn't need go around blasting people. If he just yelled, GODDAMNIT in frustration, im totally cool with that! but if hes yelling at them get a rebound you trash, then I'm pretty sure this is bad for their chemistry. I'm so tired of the whole Lin vs Melo vs Amare debate, We are stuck with these guys so I hope they can all get along and gel, and for the most part I liked what I saw last nite compared to the couple nights before that. Lets face it, Amare will always be the worst defender in the league, and no matter what kind of yelling from Lin, thats not gonna change, he just can't play D. But I don't think that means we can't go places, with JJ and Chandler healthy.

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
Dude...Novak is really a SF and never been a rebounder in his career.

and defensively, Melo/Amare together is a diaster. We were suppose to win tonight and this game can mark the beginning of our ending.

Cavs are improving immensely in each game they play, just beat the Thunder on an away game. Varejao is coming back into that rotation, led by Kyrie Irving, Cavs may very well take the 8th spot away from us.

This is a very concerning loss.

I know that Novak has never done any rebounding, he also was never given minutes except in meaningless situations! - for the most part (Even though in limited time he was shooting out of this world)

Maybe these other coaches were onto something. That's all I'm saying. This is just a maybe, I am not sure at all .. but if hes only going to give us a couple threes a game, in lets say 20-25 min, hes def not worth having out there. But its really pathetic. He has 4 offensive rebounds this entire year, you would think by sheer luck more than that would hit him in the face by now at 6"10. - With no chandler in there, (I'm not sure how long this injury will last) I think Novak becomes a liability with Stat playing center. Thats all im sayin Brah!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Also just curious Crazys is Lin even eligible for rookie of the year?

You're asking me, are you? Either way, no. He played minutes last year for GS.

He's second year and on the exact same contract as Fields.

================================

As far as Lin's reaction/outburst goes, that's just an escalation of countless effortlessness put forth on the glass by the Knicks' 2 faux superstars finally brimming over.

I hope it's brought up in the media, TBH.

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;216787 said:
You're asking me, are you? Either way, no. He played minutes last year for GS.

He's second year and on the exact same contract as Fields.

================================

As far as Lin's reaction/outburst goes, that's just an escalation of countless effortlessness put forth on the glass by the Knicks' 2 faux superstars finally brimming over.

I hope it's brought up in the media, TBH.

I know all about Lins history its been forcefed down my throat- just didn't know how much playing time the year before affects the award- as opposed to lets say baseball..

You can bet its gonna be kyree over rubio then.

Yep, Skip Bayless will vehemently defend Lin yelling while Stephen A will trollishly defend melo here.

metrocard

Legend
To the point about having a new coach, maybe that can work. But its getting to the point this team just lacks that stability (Those intangibles that are consistent). Spurs been using the same formula, interestingly even with the change of game tempo and player.

I feel this team needs to BUILD a FRANCHISE instead of COLLECT high profile players.

Thunder are doing it. (Drafted Durant and Westbrook; two most thunderous prospects in the NBA, scoring duo that can play defense, Ibaka; best shotblocker/defender and one of the best athletes and physical specimens, and James Harden; Paul Pierce meets Manu Ginobili) Though a high scoring offensive team, their team is loaded with defensive players: Thabo, Perkins, Collison, Ivey

Bulls are doing it. (Built an elite defense in the NBA with the right coach, personnel and players, now an elite team in the East)

76ers are doing it. (Building the best defense in the NBA without a shotblocker, drafted two very good all around players and defenders in Holliday and Turner, got the best perimeter defender in the NBA in AI and by far the most consistent bench combination in the NBA in Williams and Young. They're not to the top level yet but they're on their way. Collins is a very underrated coach and the system in Philly is so damn consistent and effective.

T'Wovles are doing it. (Quite possibly the best young core in the NBA; Rubio, Love, Beasley, Willliams, Johnson, Randolph, Pekovic) Rubio and Love could be what Marbury and Garnett should of been. Currently 21-20 but showing a lot of flashes of greatness. They have a great coach in Aldeman.

Pacers are doing it. (Most underrated team in the NBA, very deep, only thing holding them back is lack of a superstar player and they have the pieces to acquire one.

Cavs are doing it. (Most underrated coach in the NBA is Byron Scott, and he got Cavs playing past expectations. Irving and Thompson aren't even close to their prime and they'll acquire another good player in the draft to bring them back to playoff contention.

Grizzlies are doing it. (no explainable needed here, you seen what they're capable of in the playoffs, only issue for them is health)

These are teams of the future in the NBA, seriously.

Lets assess this.

We have

Lin
Shumpert

Both guys have their weaknesses, but are really truly capable of making an impact on this team. I like them both equally.

Dallas really MISSES Chandler, he's a top 2 defensive big man in the NBA, if he shot blocking rate was higher more people would rank him ahead of Dwight.

Chandler is about 29/30 years old, I'd say we have 3-4 years left of him at his prime. So we need to seriously get all we can get in those 3-4 years, which is why its so important to establish an image, build a franchise...let the NBA know what we're about..

We're currently last or second to last in turnovers. Theres obviously a problem, whether its D'Antoni, Melo, Amare, whoever.

I have no problem with blowing this up.

What hurts me most is that we could of been like The Thunder, Bulls, 76ers, T'Wolves, Pacers, Grizzlies...we had everything in place, cap space, no coach or system established, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mosgoz, future draft picks. It doesn't sound like a lot but it could of made us a more balanced team heading to a positive direction if we made a more logical than glamorous decision (D'Antoni, Melo, STAT are all glamour basketball guys to me).

I'm more about the grit, the heart, the hard work, motivation and dedication to the franchise.

I want to watch the Knicks and be motivated, not depressed.

We're currently not receiving that right now.

The whole Linsanity thing was just like taking one e-pill, incredible high, terrible low.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
I feel this team needs to BUILD a FRANCHISE instead of COLLECT high profile players.

For a team to make money in New York, you need high profile players. But to make high profile players work together as a team, you need a coach who is smart enough to come up with the right system.

knicksin60

Starter
The Knicks are a 2012 version of the Milwaukee Bucks of the mid 90's. Carmelo Anthony is Glenn Robinson and Amar'e Stoudemire is Vin Baker. When Robinson and Baker were both playing for the Bucks the Bucks averaged 31 wins a season even though they had two borderline all stars on their roster.

What confuses me about all of this is how both Melo and Amar'e were the main scorer on teams that made it to the Western Conference Finals not so long ago but they come to the Knicks and look like completely different players. I guess it all comes down to certain stars not being able to coexist with eachother or them not having the right roster built around them.

If the Knicks miss the playoffs this year they need to trade Melo or Amar'e in the offseason. But I would trade Amar'e before Melo if there is a team that is willing to take on his contract.

metrocard

Legend
For a team to make money in New York, you need high profile players. But to make high profile players work together as a team, you need a coach who is smart enough to come up with the right system.

Well I witness a lineup of Howard Eisley - Shandon Anderson - Lee Nalion - Clarence Weatherspoon - Othella Harrington making a lot of money for the Knicks. Knicks are probably one of the two or three teams in the NBA who profit from what I remember, rest of the teams lose money every year.
So it can be me and the rest of the KO.com forum crew circle jerking each other off and the Garden will sell out.

iSaYughh

Starter
^^^^ Very nice, Metro.

The silver lining is we never would have gotten Lin, if it wasn't for this series of unfortunate events, spanning years.

It really looks like Melo is just a happy ho' out there, chill getting his dollars and limelight, even when he is getting ****ed by opposing teams' players. :boohoo:

Amare is just a trainwreck, no matter how you dice it. The way he yaps his mouth up and down, his entire "brand". **** this gimp, vaginal aura these fools have brought.

Truthfully, I still hold out hope for Melo...that he can perform a Paul Pierce transformation. But, I assumed having a true leader and defensive maestro like Chandler would have already facilitated that process.

We are but another vintage James Dolan, Isiah'esque franchise.....just not the full disgrace those clowns always brought to us, because for a temporary time we had a man running the show with brains, who radically undid their damages and drafted well.

Doesn't look like we will. But nothing would make me happier than going balls to the wall in trying to trade STAT. Get the cap relief, get a 1st rounder, get any complimentary SF/PF.

Pretty much any of the upcoming PFs in FA would be superior fits for us. Shit, Kris ****ing Humphries would be a step for us at this point.

It's sad man. We had a golden window to build a true juggernaut -- and it was a necessary time, as MIA played our asses like tricks, and teams like the Bulls and Thunder had been slowly but surely building winners for years.

metrocard

Legend
^ I can honestly say the Fantasy League crew have been going hard, and with all that we spend a lot of time scouting other teams for productive players. Its disturbing to see us not being as competitive as other teams we the assets are there...its a serious problem.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Well I witness a lineup of Howard Eisley - Shandon Anderson - Lee Nalion - Clarence Weatherspoon - Othella Harrington making a lot of money for the Knicks. Knicks are probably one of the two or three teams in the NBA who profit from what I remember, rest of the teams lose money every year.
So it can be me and the rest of the KO.com forum crew circle jerking each other off and the Garden will sell out.

LOL. And it would probably be more entertaining than Stat and Melo on defense.

My point is that high profile players are often needed to make a team more entertaining to watch but in reality, you need role players to make a system work. Just look at San Antonio Spurs. Even with Duncan in wheelchairs and Gnobili barely playing, they still have the second best record in the Western Conference.

I am all in for more boring basketball JVG style.

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
LOL. And it would probably be more entertaining than Stat and Melo on defense.

My point is that high profile players are often needed to make a team more entertaining to watch but in reality, you need role players to make a system work. Just look at San Antonio Spurs. Even with Duncan in wheelchairs and Gnobili barely playing, they still have the second best record in the Western Conference.

I am all in for more boring basketball JVG style.

The Spurs style of basketball of late is pretty fast / exciting the same way D'antoni preaches. The difference is they actually execute!

Forrest17

Rotation player
Honestly, I know people like Melo and Amar'e, and they keep defending them, but HONESTLY. Lets say, we had no knowledge of there previous seasons, or how they played in the past.. No one would EVER think they are 20 million a year superstar players based on this season. They have been flat out awful and the team played better without them. It is a joke really. We need to get rid of one of them, this duo isn't working they have zero chemistry, don't play defense and brick way too many shots. I've really given up, they have been flat out bad for so long, These games they are in aren't even fun to watch. It is just gross how we make other scrub teams look like superstars on offense because of them and their clueless defending and rebounding.

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
If we are unable to move amare/melo one quick fix it seems would be to find a starting SG that can consistently nail the 3 ball. Our 3 point shooting is downright atrocious this year and we just dont need to be starting guys like fields when we have amare and chandler on the boards. Seriously, almost last place in the league even with Novak's heroics. Is very painful to watch.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
If we are unable to move amare/melo one quick fix it seems would be to find a starting SG that can consistently nail the 3 ball. Our 3 point shooting is downright atrocious this year and we just dont need to be starting guys like fields when we have amare and chandler on the boards. Seriously, almost last place in the league even with Novak's heroics. Is very painful to watch.

Kevin Martin comes to mind but now you will have three players who don't play any defense.

Daize

Rookie
Man Amare looks like he's 60 years old dealing with hip dysplasia lumbering slowly around the court this season. Dude could benefit from a walker imo.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Because he was wrong, they didn't do anything wrong here.. it was freak play, unlike the play right before that , where lin threw the ball over amares head.. and cost us the game also

There is no single 1 play that cost the game - if you look at the various analysis of the game, It was a series of plays. the Bucks scored more than 100 points. 1 play does not equal 100 points.

You have to stay within reason to make an argument.

Carmelo and Amare played POOR defense on that one - and Baron Davis also was just watching.

We got stomped on rebounds - OFFENSIVELY & DEFENSIVELY.

On that play Jeremy Lin was hustling his ass off. Compared to the baby hustle by the guys being played 20 million dollars a year.

kinein

Benchwarmer

Novak is a very solid 3pt shooter, and JR Smith was added to provide more shooting.

Shumperts working on his shooting.

Jeremy Lin is shooting 46% and higher in a lot of games.

A lot of shots Lin made last night - were 3s, if his toe wasnt on the line.

Remember Lin shooting over Gasol? Marion? Nowitzki? Toronto? Utah?

I have recordings of the last 6 weeks of games and I am actively rewatching them.

Mainly - I suggest watch for consistency over-time and improvement overtime.

The team is gelling and improving ~ I think they can learn a lot about the defensive aspect of this game - and some of the guys need to look themselves in the mirror and NOT ignore Lin when he is open.

A bit more hustle and we arent all arguing and screaming apocalypse.