World Peace signs 2 year deal with NYK

Wargames

Starter
doubt he gets past waivers.... DMC already followed him on twitter which is something teammates tend to do for each other.... if he does get past waivers it could likely be between us, the spurs, or the rockets

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
doubt he gets past waivers.... DMC already followed him on twitter which is something teammates tend to do for each other.... if he does get past waivers it could likely be between us, the spurs, or the rockets

He's also following:
Iggy
Eric Gordon
Shawn Marion

metrocard

Legend
I agree to a point...

We need one solid big man, and a young big man (more athletic)...
So between Brand or K-Mart, then between Jerome Jordan or Jeremy Tyler...

As for Meta, he would be a huge piece to the puzzle... Not only can he play quality defense both the post and perimeter, he is able to shoot the 3 on the offensive end...

Bell would give some depth at 3, he can even start with MWP sharing even time...

PG - Felton/Prigioni/?Brooks or Bynum?
SG - Shumpert/Smith/Hardaway
SF - Bell/MWP/Leslie
PF - Anthony/Bargnani + Stoudemire
C -- Chandler/?Brand or K-Mart?/Tyler

Tyson Chandler can't rebound by himself.
Anthony is an a good offensive rebounder, but Chandler needs help on the defensive end. Martin has to start at PF.

Melo at PF is too overrated.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Knicks need to sign

World Peace
Raja Bell
Elton Brand
Kenyon Martin

PG - Prigioni/Felton
SG - Shumpert/Smith/Hardaway
SF - Anthony/World Peace/Bell
PF - Martin/Bagnani/Brand
C - Chandler/Stoudimire

IR
CJ Leslie
Chris Smith
Young Fast PG.

I love that roster, lets go !

mafra

Legend
We're not getting Elton Brand on the vet min. Heck, we couldn't even snag Garcia. I believe Bell is practically a lock to be signed by us. We've tried to grab him in the past (of course that was during the D'ant era)... But last year's moves proved that Grunny-Woody are looking for proven vet leadership to play bit role parts.
I think we should all cross our fingers and hope Artest slips thru waivers and is free to sign wherever, then we better hope he doesn’t hold a grudge for Dolan not drafting him, and then better hope he doesn’t want to grab every dollar available… Because MWP is exactly what the Knicks need. Shump-Artest-TC give the NYK the defense, while Melo and Bargnani finish games. That 5 right there would be lethal in the 4[SUP]th[/SUP]… perfect compliment for ‘Melo.
I think we then move to sign another PG and another C. S-Telfair or A-Brooks or C-Billups... would probably fill that role (on a vet min deal); and then I expect Grunny to get creative at C (Currently 1 rumor is we are looking at Brazilian center Vitor Faverani). Perhaps 1 of the SL guys impress and sticks too for that role.
I like Leslie a lot. Of course, I am biased towards the ACC< and I have watched Leslie play a lot. He reminds me of JJ Hickson, another NC St sleeper.
Felton/Prigioni/Billups-Telfair-or-Brooks
Shump/Smith/Bell/Hardaway
Artest
Anthony/Bargnani/Amar’e/Leslie-or-unknown big
Chandler
It’ll be interesting to see if we grab both Bell and Artest what we do for depth… an extra C or a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] PG. I think if Leslie impresses… then we will be a smaller team b/c we will go with 3 PF, plus ‘Melo (who we like to play at PF).
I think the starting 5 would be flexible, depending on the matchup and where we want Melo. We could start 3 guards, or go big (and have Melo at the 3). I’m also not sure if Woody promised Smith the starting job… but I doubt it. I think the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] quarter is about getting Carmelo started.
So I would expect Smith-Amar’e the first 2 off the bench. Some nights we would start Anthony-Bargs-TC, and other we would start Artest-Anthony-TC.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
MWP is a solid overall player, can shoot, can rebound... but he's mentally retarted. Having him and JR on the same team isn't a good idea IMO. Add Shawne "Codeine" Williams and this team will be full of ****. Either way, I think someone with a cap space will take the risk and pick Artest.

NY17KNICKS

&#9733;Melo Mafia&#9733;
1004052_608361915864353_128114004_n.jpg

petescud

Starter
Metta wants the Knicks if they cut him loose....his best friend tweeted it to a journalist and its on the net.....man, he'd be perfect as long as he keeps his cool. Hey maybe him and JR can keep each other in line..and $$$ are not issue cause he still gets his 8 mil from the Lakers

tiger0330

Legend
Metta was the dude that wanted to work in Best Buy or Circuit City when he was in Chicago so I could see him more than anybody giving the Knicks a discount to play in NY esp. since the Fakers are responsible for his amnesty salary.

Brand on the other hand would never come to NY for 1.4M-1.7M dollars, his rep is moving on to the team that will give him the most bank.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Who are the teams under cap because that's our only threat if he is not signed July 12th he is a Knick

Again Dallas seems to be the only legit scare yet I can't see them doing it

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Who are the teams under cap because that's our only threat if he is not signed July 12th he is a Knick

Again Dallas seems to be the only legit scare yet I can't see them doing it

I concur. I think Dallas is our legit threat to getting MWP on this roster. I think he'll be a intricate part of our team if he does make it. Remember Woodson is good at handling the bad boy persona. Think he can do the same with him. On another note, Metro don't think we will get both Brand and K-Mart. Most likely K-Mart is coming back. The reports are Brand is falling off our radar and will likely go somewhere else. I think we should go for K-Mart. Rebounding and defense is what he brings and we need that to off set what Stoudemire and Bargs brings. Which is offense.

Kiyaman

Legend
Meta-Ron fiinally in a Knicks Jersey would b great .. Tyson /K-Mart /Meta /Shump in a 8 man rotation gives us a winning DEFENSE. However ............

Some how i see, Meta-Ron followin D. Howard to Houston to put Meta's ex-Rockets team on the contenders level...

New New York

Quiet Storm
I concur. I think Dallas is our legit threat to getting MWP on this roster. I think he'll be a intricate part of our team if he does make it. Remember Woodson is good at handling the bad boy persona. Think he can do the same with him. On another note, Metro don't think we will get both Brand and K-Mart. Most likely K-Mart is coming back. The reports are Brand is falling off our radar and will likely go somewhere else. I think we should go for K-Mart. Rebounding and defense is what he brings and we need that to off set what Stoudemire and Bargs brings. Which is offense.

Ron and Kmart puts me at ease w this offseason

We would have 2 units that are stater worty

Felton
Shump
Artest
Melo
TC

and

Priggs
Jr
Andrea
Stat
Kenyon

our 2nd unit would beat The Magic, Suns and Wizards in a 3 game series

CoolClyde

2 new tidbits that make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up,
and the hairs on my balls tingle with anticipation:

Knicks Interested In Metta World Peace
Jul 09, 2013 4:32 PM EDT
lal_40.gif

<<The New York Knicks are interested in signing Metta World Peace if he clears waivers.
The Knicks could offer World Peace the veteran's minimum.
The Los Angeles Lakers intend to amnesty World Peace.>>

Dad says World Peace to retire if amnestied
620.jpg

Metta World Peace's father told SNY.tv his son said he'll retire if he's amnestied by the Lakers.

<<We find this a little hard to believe for the time being. For one, World Peace proved he can still contribute to a playoff team last season. Also, he would reportedly have at least seven contenders interested in his services if the Lakers decide to buy him out. Although nothing is ever certain with World Peace, we still think he'll be in the NBA next season.>>

perhaps Metta World Pops wants his son to return to NYC, and throw off the other teams who may be interested? just hearing that the Knicks are interested is fu*cking great!

I'm happy to see most comments by KO members are positive about Ron Artest returning to his city, the town of the St. John's Redmen, Queens, NY, where he was a college hero. what better place to play your last year(s) of basketball and contribute to another championship?

if Knicks get Raja Bell, Ron Artest AND Kenyon Martin, this will be a helluva formidable squad, and will be Metrocard approved at that (not that i give a flying fu*ck, but I agree).

Can Glenwaldo pull this off? He'll be executive of the year in my book if he does...

btw, fu*ck Jason Kidd and Chris Nopeland. give me Peace!

Last edited:

NY17KNICKS

&#9733;Melo Mafia&#9733;
if Knicks get Raja Bell, Ron Artest AND Kenyon Martin, this will be a helluva formidable squad, and will be Metrocard approved at that (not that i give a flying fu*ck, but I agree).

Can Glenwaldo pull this off? He'll be executive of the year in my book if he does...

btw, fu*ck Jason Kidd and Chris Nopeland. give me Peace!

I agree 100%, that would be a hellava squad.
add in Billups with a prayer and it's gold

Prigs/Billups/Felton
Shump/Jr/Bell
Melo/MWP/Hardaway/Leslie
K-Mart/STAT/Bargs
Tyson/Jordan

That's a nice mix of offense, some badass defense, veteran knowledge, and athletic talent.

Knicks would be dangerous.....HEALTHY

Overall, we can make this happen, but can the Knicks?