New York Knicks @ Portland Trialblazers, Sunday, Feb.8th, 6:00 pm

all they need is a guy who they can give the ball to at the end of a game and know its gonna go in the basket. Someone clutch. That's all, not hard to get. Just someone who shows up big in big time situations. No knicks can do that. Not nate duhon harrington qrich, NOBODY. Hell give gallo a try.

New New York

Quiet Storm
This team lacks a leader and intelligence on 4th quarters, period.

Exactamundo! Brando Roy stepped up and won that game like a leader should

I think that the only play we got is that pick and roll and that is not nearly as affective as it was.

Sorry to say I hate Duhon having the ball at the end of games. Portland's run began when he and Tim Thomas botched that pick and roll play that led to a Portland fastbreak.

No one is hitting the glass but D Lee, and that was the other factor in this loss.

That run looked a lot better than it was because those shots were falling, we cant rely that heavily on jumpers.

DUMB LOSS!

Pricey

Rotation player
the sad thing is i had cash on this game and i was about to go and collect and i see that shit. God i feel crap.
Had them multied with the Spurs and Lakers and was paying big.

well look on the bright side memphis signed miles so that screws out portland for any big signing so its 1 less competitor for lebron

JayJ44

Starter
i'm gonna try to erase this game from my mind.

we play the g-state warriors next. and i think Biedrins is out. so we SHOULD win in a blowout. good game to have coming off this tough 4 game stretch.

Kiyaman

Legend
Why was'nt coach Dantoni YELLING "Foul Roy" as soon as Roy started to dribble the ball???????
wasn't Jefferies told that we had a foul to give with 4 seconds on the game clock???????

I hate to say this but....Dantoni's coaching did not have anything to do with the 22-5 run on Portland, that was Nate being Nate who lead the Knicks on long runs throughout his Knick career.
It was Herb Williams job to let Dantoni and the players know they had a foul to give in the final 4 seconds....it was Dantoni job to design a defensive play where 1 or 2 seconds come off the clock before the foul.

This Knick Loss belongs to the Head Coach and his coaching-staff. <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

and happy b-day MSG, wherever you are lol
birthday-cake.gif

*no homo*

Red

TYPE-A
Why was'nt coach Dantoni YELLING "Foul Roy" as soon as Roy started to dribble the ball???????
wasn't Jefferies told that we had a foul to give with 4 seconds on the game clock???????

I hate to say this but....Dantoni's coaching did not have anything to do with the 22-5 run on Portland, that was Nate being Nate who lead the Knicks on long runs throughout his Knick career.
It was Herb Williams job to let Dantoni and the players know they had a foul to give in the final 4 seconds....it was Dantoni job to design a defensive play where 1 or 2 seconds come off the clock before the foul.

This Knick Loss belongs to the Head Coach and his coaching-staff. <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Partly, but if a player needs to be told the situation at this level then he sucks period.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Damn, 0-4 feels like shit.

we showed that we could hang with the elite but we can't close out. We definitely need that superstar, like some of you mentioned. Today's loss seemed harder because we were up by so many points, only to squander the lead and ultimately lose.

Next two games are gonna be important for our playoff run. Teams that aren't that great and that we should pull off victories against.

TunerAddict

Starter

And Kiyaman continues on his Dantoni hating and Nate loving spree....

Too bad Dantoni is the reason for the Knicks improvement this year and Nate is one of the worst decision making guards in the game...Guy is on Crawful level...

Kiyaman

Legend
Partly, but if a player needs to be told the situation at this level then he sucks period.

The coach did'nt know....so he must really SUCK as a coach.
Dantoni two assistants on the bench was supposed to let everyone know that the Knicks had a foul to give in that time-out.
No Knick Player knew they had a foul to give in the final 4 seconds.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The coach did'nt know....so he must really SUCK as a coach.
Dantoni two assistants on the bench was supposed to let everyone know that the Knicks had a foul to give in that time-out.
No Knick Player knew they had a foul to give in the final 4 seconds.

I agree. D'Antoni should have told the players that they had a foul to give. The Knicks gave it a big effort, though. They just don't have enough talent to win consistently. I think that's the main reason why they lost. They have a lot of good role players, and Harrington's probably a good 3rd option on a winning team, but they don't have anyone who can win a game down the stretch.

Kiyaman

Legend
And Kiyaman continues on his Dantoni hating and Nate loving spree....

Too bad Dantoni is the reason for the Knicks improvement this year and Nate is one of the worst decision making guards in the game...Guy is on Crawful level...

Did you watch the Lakers vs Cavs game....and listen to what JVG and Mark Jackson had to say about the Knicks?

Being a life long Knick-Fan for over 40 years....it was not hard to see the Knicks had plenty of talented-players when Layden departed and when Isiah departed....but the team lack the discipline headcoach and coaching-staff to keep the Lockerroom from being divided for the last 5 seasons.
This is why owner Dolan and Mills personally hired coach Larry Brown to bring discipline to the Knicks divided lockerroom of players.

Coach Dantoni was given the privledge that only coach JVG was given....no other Knick coach after JVG had such priviledges not Chaney, not Wilkins, not Larry Brown, or Isiah whom had no discipline over his high contract players. They all refuse to pass the ball....Dantoni's system involves passing the ball....thats it.....Dantoni dont have a game plan or a winning playbook....he has been winning games on the strength of the Knick players creative talents by ridding the lockerroom of divided players.
So dont get it twisted.
Dantoni is a decent average offensive coach in the NBA....that needed a defensive coordinating coach in Phoenix....and after tonights game gets talked about by NBA commentators on ESPN, NBA TV, and TnT, if Dantoni dont get a good defensive coordinator on his coaching staff before 2010....super-stars looking for a Championship Ring will not be looking at signing with Dantoni's defenseless Knicks.

I would have accepted Mark Jackson, Rick Carlise, or JVG over Dantoni for Isiah's players....as long as Isiah Thomas is FIRED.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I think the Knicks should trade Lee, too, because with his trade value, he could easily be used as a way to get rid of Eddy Curry and Jerome James. I still don't see Lee re-signing with the Knicks, after the year he's having. A contender is bound to offer him a large contract, so that's why I think the Knicks should trade him, while they could still get something out of it.

It was a tough loss, but the Knicks played great. They did everything they could do to win, in my opinion.

Trade off our best player that has helped us win the majority of the games...Yes thats what we should do.Instead of losing four in a row we will lose 10,15 or maybe more in a role.Why trade Lee that shows up EVERY NIGHT and keep all the other losers that does'nt show up but once every week.

Kiyaman

Legend
we better win next game thats all i know losing streaks suck...

Like I wrote earlier....the Knicks will have a 23-29 record next week (recall 23-59)....as long as Nate, Chandler, Gallo, and Tim Thomas come off the bench together. There is a strong chemistry brewing in that group of players.

Next week is back to back games vs GS and Clippers which the Knicks dont have problems this season with back to back games with a 9-Man rotation....that 7-Man rotation killed us.

Last edited:

pat

Starter
We definitely need that superstar, like some of you mentioned.

I agree with you as far as winning championships or even going deep into the playoffs is concerned. But I think we could have won this game without a superstar. As I see it, the problem is that at some point in the fourth quarter one or the other player tries to be a superstar although they lack the skills and mental stability. They should just continue doing what they are doing: passing the ball and hitting open shots, instead of going one-on-one all of a sudden.
Another thing that would have helped against Portland is a shut-down defender.

smokes

Huge Member
Trade off our best player that has helped us win the majority of the games...Yes thats what we should do.Instead of losing four in a row we will lose 10,15 or maybe more in a role.Why trade Lee that shows up EVERY NIGHT and keep all the other losers that does'nt show up but once every week.

He said why in his post.

You and DLeeFan42 are almost as bad as Team Starbury, prioritising your boy Lee over the rest of the Knicks. I'm not saying we should trade him, but abcd has a point.

About tonights game, hell that was tough, was up til 3am watching... Never seen my own team beaten at the buzzer live :(