The Future Point G.O.D. of the NY KNICKS!!!- Official Ty Lawson Thread

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
lawson.png

TYTY-1.jpg

<TABLE class=bluelist width=175 itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TH itxtvisited="1">STRENGTHS:</TH></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Transition play</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- True point guard</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Ability to create own shot</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Aggressive slashing mentality</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Ball-handling skills</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Excellent hands</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Ability to get in passing lanes</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Pressure defense</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Potential</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Unselfishness</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Work ethic</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- High-level productivity</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Assist to turnover ratio</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Court vision</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Passing skills</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Incredibly quick</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Strength</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- 3-point shooting percentages</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Ability to catch and shoot

</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TH itxtvisited="1">WEAKNESSES:</TH></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Ability to play at different speeds</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Mid-rangegame</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Defensive potential</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Basketball IQ?</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Experience</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Focus</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Leadership skills in clutch</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- College system makes him difficult to evaluate</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Poor wingspan</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Size for position</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Ability to shoot off the dribble</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Limited number of 3-point attempts</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Pull-up jumper</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

lawson.jpg

HIGHLIGHTS

Draft Combine Interview

070307_lawson.jpg

SLY1984's closing thoughts:

To me, Tywon Lawson is the real deal. He is the definition of a true point guard. Something that the knicks have been lacking for a while. A winning point guard who will make this team much better with his demeanor and style of play. Lawson has all the attributes to come in and contribute right away, unlike the other draft prospects that will be available to us.

He has always played against top-tier talent. Playing at oak hill and UNC, Lawson faced the nation's best teams week in and week out and still played very well. So experience is something he does not lack.

Best case scenario, I see Lawson as a stronger version of Chris Paul. Sky's the limit for Tywon. He is a player that will come in and put up good numbers right away, as well as improve and reach his full potential.

Last edited:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I'd take him if not Rubio, but Lawson is projected to go mad low, between 15-25......

if we dont get curry or rubio, say we trade down

JayJ44

Starter
2nd best PG in the draft. His stock is low because of his height, and the misconception that he's injury prone. He deserves a top 10 pick. Passing, defense, speed, leadership, winner. He'll be a great player.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm a bit iffy as well. I reckon he's got the drive to be good, but after watching him as much as possible, I wonder if he'll be able to finish close to the basket or not in the NBA. That's about my only issue though.

metrocard

Legend
If people doubt Lawson.
They really suck at identifying good basketball players.

Behind Rubio, Lawson has the 2nd most impressive resume in the draft.
Plus, physical, he's as dynamic as any guard in the draft.
standing at 6 feet tall with 200 pounds of muscle.

If people doubt Lawson.
They really suck at identifying good basketball players.

Behind Rubio, Lawson has the 2nd most impressive resume in the draft.
Plus, physical, he's as dynamic as any guard in the draft.
standing at 6 feet tall with 200 pounds of muscle.

maybe being a tarhell fan makes me bias, but I have to agree that lawson is definitely an incredible ball player. I remember last summer the same talk about dj augistine going later and later in the drat, until larry brown got a hold of him and picked him in the lottery with the 9th pick, if any one watched the kid play last yr, or checked box scores he had big games playing only 25 mins and sharing the ball with felton every night. how tall is he ???????. I dont know I think the league is smaller than it used to be, how many teams other than the top 6 in the league have legitimate shot blocking.... its all about the faster you get down the court, and the quicker you have your offense set up, thats what make the spurs so successful for so many years, they had guys like manu and parker who would push the ball..parkers like 6 feet tall, and shredded the cavs in the finals. I wouldnt stay away from a player due to height...with that being said

I still want steph curry.

GetRealistic

Starter
If we were to trade down absolutely.. But at the 8th spot i just don't see it. I'd rather have Curry, Holiday, Flynn, Derozen, Evans and Rubio ofcourse.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
2nd best PG in the draft. His stock is low because of his height, and the misconception that he's injury prone. He deserves a top 10 pick. Passing, defense, speed, leadership, winner. He'll be a great player.

Good points, Jay. Height and injury are the major concerns. That's why many mock drafts don't have him top 10. I do want the Knicks to draft Lawson at 8 (unless ricky drops this low). We need winners that have played in pressure situations.

I do feel that some team in the top 10 will pick him up. He will be a great asset to the team he plays for.

metrocard

Legend
If we were to trade down absolutely.. But at the 8th spot i just don't see it. I'd rather have Curry, Holiday, Flynn, Derozen, Evans and Rubio ofcourse.

Well, why though?

Because they're most the hyped/valued prospects?

Danny Granner was drafted at 17 in the 2005 draft...where Joey Graham, Antonie Wright, Yaroslav Korolev drafted ahead of him.

They were all hyped up to be lottery picks and etc.

Well, lets say Lawson turns out to be a better pro than all of them.

Wouldn't you feel stupid?

I remember when people wanted Frye so bad...look at where he is now.

People just need to listen to me basically, I've never gone wrong with my draft predictions.

Stephon Curry is LAME...I'm going to make a thread breaking down the PG's in this draft.

GetRealistic

Starter
So basically if people don't share your beliefs (actually the beliefs of the websites you visit frequently) there wrong? Makes perfect sense. You like Lawson and your entitled to that. I never said i didn't like Lawson i'm just saying if those other players are on the board at the same time as Lawson i would take the other players. I'm pretty sure the Knicks feel the same way.

For weeks now i've been saying if we can't land a player we want i'd trade down in an effort to dump a contract or pick up an asset and look into drafting Jeff Teague.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
The Masterpiece is Complete! :lol:

Check it out y'all:

lawson.png

TYTY-1.jpg

<TABLE class=bluelist width=175 itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TH itxtvisited="1">STRENGTHS:</TH></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Transition play</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- True point guard</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Ability to create own shot</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Aggressive slashing mentality</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Ball-handling skills</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Excellent hands</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Ability to get in passing lanes</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Pressure defense</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Potential</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Unselfishness</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Work ethic</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- High-level productivity</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Assist to turnover ratio</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Court vision</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Passing skills</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Incredibly quick</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Strength</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- 3-point shooting percentages</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Ability to catch and shoot

</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TH itxtvisited="1">WEAKNESSES:</TH></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Ability to play at different speeds</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Mid-rangegame</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Defensive potential</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Basketball IQ?</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Experience</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Focus</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Leadership skills in clutch</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- College system makes him difficult to evaluate</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Poor wingspan</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Size for position</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Ability to shoot off the dribble</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Limited number of 3-point attempts</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">- Pull-up jumper</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

lawson.jpg

HIGHLIGHTS

Draft Combine Interview

070307_lawson.jpg

SLY1984's closing thoughts:

To me, Tywon Lawson is the real deal. He is the definition of a true point guard. Something that the knicks have been lacking for a while. A winning point guard who will make this team much better with his demeanor and style of play. Lawson has all the attributes to come in and contribute right away, unlike the other draft prospects that will be available to us.

He has always played against top-tier talent. Playing at oak hill and UNC, Lawson faced the nation's best teams week in and week out and still played very well. So experience is something he does not lack.

Best case scenario, I see Lawson as a stronger version of Chris Paul. Sky's the limit for Tywon. He is a player that will come in and put up good numbers right away, as well as improve and reach his full potential.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
It's kind of funny how most experts put Lawson in the mid-first round range. Lawson has done almost everything that you could possibly do in a collegiate career. Went 42-1 as a senior in oak-hill (champions that year), led the carolina team to a NCAA title, and as we speak, he's probably ****ing some of the hottest chicks UNC has to offer :lol:

Without him, North Carolina is garbage. They probably would not have made it to the tournament if it wasn't for Lawson. Yet, people still doubt him.

Talent wise he is a top-three pick. Only Griffin and Rubio are more talented. There's no doubt about that. Most of the teams ahead of us will make the mistake of passing up on Lawson, just so they can pick up players with "potential". Players like holiday, jennings, and evans. Or better yet, players that are one dimensional (curry/derozan/thabeet). So, we should take advantage of that.

Remember that most of these so called "experts" who put Lawson so low on their mock drafts have never even touched a basketball, so how would they know what a real baller looks like? they're basically judging Lawson on two things he cannot control: injuries and height. what kind of shit is that?!?!

Regardless of where he lands, he will still be a great player. Still hoping he lands with us, though:crossfingers:

Do not forget:

Ty Lawson will be a stronger version of Chris Paul

I guarantee it

smokes

Huge Member
It's kind of funny how most experts put Lawson in the mid-first round range. Lawson has done almost everything that you could possibly do in a collegiate career. Went 42-1 as a senior in oak-hill (champions that year), led the carolina team to a NCAA title, and as we speak, he's probably ****ing some of the hottest chicks UNC has to offer :lol:

Without him, North Carolina is garbage. They probably would not have made it to the tournament if it wasn't for Lawson. Yet, people still doubt him.

Talent wise he is a top-three pick. Only Griffin and Rubio are more talented. There's no doubt about that. Most of the teams ahead of us will make the mistake of passing up on Lawson, just so they can pick up players with "potential". Players like holiday, jennings, and evans. Or better yet, players that are one dimensional (curry/derozan/thabeet). So, we should take advantage of that.

Remember that most of these so called "experts" who put Lawson so low on their mock drafts have never even touched a basketball, so how would they know what a real baller looks like? they're basically judging Lawson on two things he cannot control: injuries and height. what kind of shit is that?!?!

Regardless of where he lands, he will still be a great player. Still hoping he lands with us, though:crossfingers:

Do not forget:

Ty Lawson will be a stronger version of Chris Paul

I guarantee it

Good post.

Its a pipe dream to think Rubio will fall to us. Trading up is going to involve practically gutting the team. We don't need an average big man like Jordan Hill.

I said this a month ago or so, but Ty is the same size as Chris Paul and he is currently the best PG in the NBA, so people being down on him over that makes no sense whatsoever. Injuries ok, but still it's not like he's plagued, he had one or two minor injuries the last year and they didn't keep him down for long.

If we draft Lawson with the 8th it will show some foresight for once, and maybe we won't be looking back in hindsight regretting crappy picks.