All you guys looking for a big that fits

You can stop looking. I did some research on Mike D's past teams. Except for STAT, McDyss and Kurt Thomas "all have decent midrange jumpers" Mike D has no use for bigs that play def and rebound. Most of the guys he had werent that good, but he hasnt developed anyone in his system that is taller than 6ft 8in. So if you're wondering why AR doesnt get burn (we have proof he can play) now you know the truth. Heck Jordan Hill and Darko are getting some decent minutes now. I'd hate to see us trade Randolph and he blows up. Which he will.

So in summation we better get MELO because another big wont help us at all...

Mike D is no diff than any other coach with a philosophy. His is offense, spread the floor, and everyone must move the ball and be able to score from multiple spots. Randolph would be playing if he was not a ball stopper. Would he be playing for a defensive minded coach? Yes. But D'antoni is entitled to his philosophy as well.

He will play a big that can shoot and post. We dont have a big besides Stat who do this. Rony is a ball mover, so even tho he cant score many ways, he does not stagnate the offense. Let's hope we find that guy who can do it all.

Mike D is no diff than any other coach with a philosophy. His is offense, spread the floor, and everyone must move the ball and be able to score from multiple spots. Randolph would be playing if he was not a ball stopper. Would he be playing for a defensive minded coach? Yes. But D'antoni is entitled to his philosophy as well.

He will play a big that can shoot and post. We dont have a big besides Stat who do this. Rony is a ball mover, so even tho he cant score many ways, he does not stagnate the offense. Let's hope we find that guy who can do it all.

I understand it his system and he will stick by it no matter what. But his track record proves he really has no use at all for a big man. As far as moving the ball, eventually the movement has to stop and someone has to shoot. Why cant this be a big thats closer to the basket? Say 10/15/20% of the time. I mean with a player other than STAT.

It could take forever to find someone over 6ft 8 that does everything Mike D wants. STAT type of players dont grow on trees. This is my problem with the coach, instead of tweaking things just a small bit to get some usefulness out of players, its his way or the bench. Which ultimately leads to you being traded. You cant keep trading off these guys because eventually it will come back to haunt you...

iSaYughh

Starter
You can stop looking. I did some research on Mike D's past teams. Except for STAT, McDyss and Kurt Thomas "all have decent midrange jumpers" Mike D has no use for bigs that play def and rebound. Most of the guys he had werent that good, but he hasnt developed anyone in his system that is taller than 6ft 8in. So if you're wondering why AR doesnt get burn (we have proof he can play) now you know the truth. Heck Jordan Hill and Darko are getting some decent minutes now. I'd hate to see us trade Randolph and he blows up. Which he will.

So in summation we better get MELO because another big wont help us at all...

So MD will threaten to put out an Italian mob hit on Walsh if he tries to sign Dwight Howard? Howard is a > 6'8 C who plays defense and rebounds.

MD develops a myriad of players under his tutelage, likely more than any other coach in recent memory, and of the greatest magnitude and impact; including All-Star Center Amare Stoutedmire. So he didn't waste his time during a championship PHO Suns window on people you admit weren't good, and he didn't find a way to develop a 7ft starting C....Like that's some task he even has control of. Who didn't he play and screw his team by not playing or developing?

Shawn Marion was a DPOY type guy under him, too.

You want more ppl 6'8 plus? Ronnie Turiaf. A hustle, backup type player who D'ant gave mondo burn almost the entire season. Or starting a 7ft non-drafted Russian project.

And Turiaf is more a C than Randolph, anyways.

This isn't about defense and rebounding. Give him any starting quality C who can play defense and rebound and not move like a lumber jack and he will play. A basic offensive skill set ideal, but unnecessary.

So MD will threaten to put out an Italian mob hit on Walsh if he tries to sign Dwight Howard? Howard is a > 6'8 C who plays defense and rebounds.

MD develops a myriad of players under his tutelage, likely more than any other coach in recent memory, and of the greatest magnitude and impact; including All-Star Center Amare Stoutedmire. So he didn't waste his time during a championship PHO Suns window on people you admit weren't good, and he didn't find a way to develop a 7ft starting C....Like that's some task he even has control of. Who didn't he play and screw his team by not playing or developing?

Shawn Marion was a DPOY type guy under him, too.

You want more ppl 6'8 plus? Ronnie Turiaf. A hustle, backup type player who D'ant gave mondo burn almost the entire season. Or starting a 7ft non-drafted Russian project.

And Turiaf is more a C than Randolph, anyways.

This isn't about defense and rebounding. Give him any starting quality C who can play defense and rebound and not move like a lumber jack and he will play. A basic offensive skill set ideal, but unnecessary.

I beg to differ. Mike D has developed NO ONE.

STAT would be a great player no matter who he plays for.

Turiaf was this player BEFORE coming here.

Moz? The kid is so screwed up now that he tells the media his scared to make a mistake on the floor. Thats not developing someone. Thats not coaching up a player.

Marion? Is exactly what he's looking for some 6/7-6/8 thats athletic. That can score. He wasn't on the floor because of his defense.

Players that move around like lumber jacks have attributes also. Oakley and Mahorn come to mind. Laimbeer is another. I want someone in the media to ask this clown: Of all the players playing in the NBA right now and in the past which three would fit your system at the center position? One caveat. It cant be a perennially allstar or HOF type player.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
In theory, a Center like Dwight Howard should fit right in with D'Antoni's system; he's very agile and athletic for his size. We have a center in STAT! STAT is at his best when at the 5; this system affords us the ability to use smaller under sized players at the big positions since we are more about speed, constant motion and movement. You know, the more I think about it the more it seems to make sense to go after a guy like Josh Smith! With STAT and Smith at the 5/4; that is a tandem that this system can do wonders with. We have seen that Smith holds his own at the 4 with Atlanta and with STAT; the would really light it up. If they do go after a traditional 5, they can look more to bench guys to bring in and bang for 15/20 minutes to help us against the 2 or 3 bigs that would give us trouble. If you haven't noticed; the current NBA has very small centers with only a very few exceptions; that's why Shaq still has value at his age. They could get a guy like Hasheem Thabeet from the Grizzlies. He really doesnt' play a lot of minutes and might be worth trying out. 7'3 and somewhat athletic, but he is tall and long; worth trying to develop further. Remember, this is also about the future not just trying to win this year! So, if we end up giving Denver 2 1st round pics and all our young talent, we will be in a serious hole trying to sign more players! I also like Jason Thompson from Sacramento. 6' 11', athletic nice touch... He's still growing into his game but I think could really excel in this system and put him next to stat and now we have good length at the 5/4 with out losing athleticism. So, there are options out there that could really increase the talent level on this team with out changing our style of play. Turiaf in a nice player but his health hinders his game and he is another undersized big although he fits well in this system but his knees are shot and his back is shot.... Not a player for the future, we need a hard nosed, blue collar big to give us at least 15 minutes a night of banging the boards and scrapping.