Benchwarmer
PG Felton 26, Kidd 9, Pabs 13
SG Brewer 15, Smith 24, Kidd 9
SF Anthony 34, Novak 8, Smith 6
PF Amare 30, Novak 10, Thomas/sheed 8
C Chandler 30, Camby 16, Sheed 2

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Minutes allocation is so difficult for me to predict right now because the big question mark is how will Felton fit in and how much can Kidd play for us. Also, how will JR SWAGBALLZ and RBrew play, this is up in the air I can see it swinging either way with them.

The thing about the team is that it's deep and diverse, so that Coach Woody can play with the minutes according to the opponent on any given night.

I can see Amar'e hitting the second unit for a stretch this year, so that will have a big impact on minute allocation too.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Yea, Pabs is putting up impressive box scores so far, much more than I expected, so that's another guy that you can throw out there.

There are a lot of quality players on this team, it's gonna be a challenge for Coach Woody to keep everyone happy.

Paul1355

All Star
What will the lineup be?

Now that Amare is out, the lineup gets a little tricky. With the matchups we are facing to start the season, one thing that is a must is being able to handle the 2's and 3's that are very athletic in Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Dwayne Wade, and Lebron.

So what will the starting lineup be?

Here is my take because this creates good floor spacing for Melo and Felton since Novak is in there drawing a guy to the outside.

Felton
Brewer
Melo
Novak
Chandler

Bench:

Pablo
Kidd/White
Smith/White
Copeland/Thomas
Camby/Thomas

spot minutes for White and Thomas......Woody can go in a million ways. Start Kidd with Felton? Idk im fine with any lineup as long as we have a mix of O and D

CA7

Scoring Champ
Felton
Brewer
White
Anthony
Chandler

Kidd
Smith
Novak
Thomas
Camby

Prigioni
Copeland

Paul1355

All Star
Felton
Brewer
White
Anthony
Chandler

Kidd
Smith
Novak
Thomas
Camby

Prigioni
Copeland

thats the other lineup i was thinking based on Wally Z saying he thinks White will start and White is good at defense

Ill be happy with that lineup, only problem is the lack of scoring with White and Brewer in the same lineup.

KingCharles34

All Star
Felton/Kidd/Prigioni
Brewer/Smith/Kidd
Melo/Brewer/Novak
Novak/Thomas/Melo/Camby
Chandler/Camby/Thomas

Alotta options for Woody as far as the rotation goes. Pauls right, he'll have even more options when Shump returns

Felton/Kidd/Shumpert/Prigioni
Shumpert/Smith/Brewer/Kidd
Melo/Brewer/Novak
Novak/Thomas/Melo/Camby
Chandler/Camby/Thomas

Paul1355

All Star
Felton/Kidd/Prigioni
Brewer/Smith/Kidd
Melo/Brewer/Novak
Novak/Thomas/Melo/Camby
Chandler/Camby/Thomas

Alotta options for Woody as far as the rotation goes. Pauls right, he'll have even more options when Shump returns

Felton/Kidd/Shumpert/Prigioni
Shumpert/Smith/Brewer/Kidd
Melo/Brewer/Novak
Novak/Thomas/Melo/Camby
Chandler/Camby/Thomas

your second lineup doesnt even include amare LOL

Thats how useless he has been lately

When Shump returns we will be stacked because he brings so much to the team on both ends of the floor.

If everyone avoids long term injuries then we should have a great year but the main guys have to stay healthy...Melo, Shump, Chandler, Camby....and Amare but Amare being out doesnt even matter anymore we are so use to it and still play good without him.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
W/O Amar'e

PG Felton/Kidd/Pablo/(Shump)
SG Brewer/(Shump)/Smith/Kidd/White
SF Melo/Novak/Smith/Brewer/(Shump)/White/Copeland
PF Thomas/Sheed/Melo/Novak/Copeland
C Chandler/Camby/Sheed/Thomas

When Amar'e is back...

PF Amar'e/Thomas/Melo/Novak/Sheed/Copeland
C Chandler/Camby/Amar'e/Sheed/Thomas

At full strength we have to be the deepest team in the NBA.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
I would imagine it'll be

Felton
Brewer
Melo
Thomas
Chandler

Kidd
Smith
Copeland
Novak
Camby

this might be the most likely out of all of them because Woody has been starting Thomas and will do it again Monday against an athletic Philley team so it seems like matchups dont matter, Woody just wants toughness/rebounding and a spot up mid range jumper from his PF spot....Amare only provides the jumper ;)

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
with amare's injury record since last season, lets just presume he will be out again for alot of the games. and this will allow woodson to shift anthony to pf alot and get more playing time for iman/brewer and prigs

i can see

felton
iman
brewer
anthony
Chandler

prigs
kidd
JR
Novak
Camby

...alot around midseason

lets just pretend for now amare is gonna be a post season player like wallace from now on...

and we have better chemistry when our offense is just anthony

trading amare would be the best case scenario moving forward...gotta cut him loose...

smokes

Huge Member
I'd love to see Melo at PF with Smith at SG however hasn't Melo come out and said he doesn't want to play PF? Is that just a PR move because of Amare or does he genuinely not want to?

It would be great if Melo got a lot of time playing PF this season. Miami hasn't bothered to add a C so they are obviously happy to play "small" with Bosh at C and Lebron at PF. We need Melo there to match up with Lebron.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I'd love to see Melo at PF with Smith at SG however hasn't Melo come out and said he doesn't want to play PF? Is that just a PR move because of Amare or does he genuinely not want to?

It would be great if Melo got a lot of time playing PF this season. Miami hasn't bothered to add a C so they are obviously happy to play "small" with Bosh at C and Lebron at PF. We need Melo there to match up with Lebron.

vs Miami

Felton vs Chalmers
Brewer/White vs Wade/LeBron
Anthony vs Battier
Chandler vs Bosh

Our finishing line up vs theirs

Felton vs Allen
Smith vs Wade
Anthony vs LeBron
Brewer vs Haslem
Chandler vs Bosh

smokes

Huge Member
^ yeah but I'm not talking about game 2 I'm talking about in the playoffs. Game 2 is one game, but when we face them in the playoffs we are going to need to match up well against them, and if STAT hasn't learned to defend within the next 6 months we won't match up against them.

CA7

Scoring Champ
^ yeah but I'm not talking about game 2 I'm talking about in the playoffs. Game 2 is one game, but when we face them in the playoffs we are going to need to match up well against them, and if STAT hasn't learned to defend within the next 6 months we won't match up against them.

We would have to make them adjust to us meaning when they going to the post, on defense STAT will be stuck on Battier which would suck but we have to make him drive. IDK its gonna be tough we'll figure it out though when the time comes

metrocard

Legend
PG - Kidd(34)/Prigioni(24)
SG - Brewer(34)/White(12)
SF - Anthony(38)/Novak(20)
PF - Thomas(28)/Copeland(20)
C - Chandler(36)/Camby(18)

This is my dream because I have a bad feeling about Felton, Amar'e and Smith being negative factors for the Knicks.

It doesn't look sexy, but Melo ball would be at it's prime. Melo is surrounded by A level defenders and guys who get rebounds and can play help defense....good passers and athletes. Felton is too mediocre and Smith can win me over, I'm just not over his horrible inconsistency from last year.

Amare has no place on this team.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Start of the season

--------Chandler------- =Bench= ---------Camby-------
Thomas--------Carmelo====== Copeland------Novak-
-----Kidd-----Felton----======--JR Smith--Prigioni-

Middle of the season, when everyone is hopefully healthy

-------Chandler-------- =bench= -------Camby-------
Stoudemire---Anthony ====== Copeland----Novak
----Brewer----Felton---======--Shumpert--Kidd---