Anthony Randolph

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Anthony Randolph was a part of the New York Knicks before traded to Minnesota during the D'Antoni era...

I think Randolph would actually make more sense now, as a backup moving forward... Uncanny style similar to Chris Bosh, and would give more of a well round game to our Bench...

Thoughts?

CA7

Scoring Champ
Most guys on here would say NO without realizing MDA gave him no shot and in Minnesota he was playing behind the number #1 PF in the league.

I'd take him back try and work out a sign and trade with Minny and use our final exception on a 2 Guard like Morris Almond and use Junior Junior Swish as the 3rd PG

C- Chandler/Jeffries/Harrellson
F- Stoudemire/Randolph
F- Anthony/Novak/White
G- Smith/Almond/Shumpert
G- Lin/Kidd/Smith

p0nder

Starter
too raw. not enough work ethic. i'll say no to project players on a potential playoff 2-seed team.

Still, he might be gotten for cheap and there is significant potential. I still don't think he'd get much run on this team. Woodson won't play him for the same reasons d'ant didn't. He doesn't put in the amount of work required to play in the NBA consistently.

portega1968

El Cacique
I remember the days when Anthony Randolph was labeled untradeable by Golden State... at best, he's a poor-man's version of Javale McGee in terms of useless talent and knuckleheadedness..

please stay away from this bust

Last edited:

Seba

Benchwarmer
I remember the days when Anthony Randolph was labeled untradeable by Golden State... at best, he's a poor-man's version of Javale McGee in terms of useless talent and knuckleheadedness.. poor man = chinese sweatshop worker with 50 kids to feed

please stay away from this bust

Racism aside and all, I agree.

CoolClyde

the return of Ant Man

IDK. AntRand kinda busted out of his shell for Minny, and had some awesome games WHEN he got the minutes. Wood Son hardly ever played Jerome Jordan, but he definitely gave Jorts some minutes, and Girafferies gots plenty, so who knows?

If Jorts and/or Jordan go in a sign and trade, and/or Girafferies gets sent to the zoo, I say pick him up.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
so we want more of this?

Exactly and this is the proof why we shouldn't bring him back. I loved his upside but his Bball IQ has to be one of the lowest in the league. We could hide it for the regular season but he'd be useless in the playoffs unless he magically turned into Taj Gibson for us.

Wargames

Starter
yeah Anthony Randolph's BBIQ is real real low. He is the guy teams get and hope he can turn it around but he never does.

metrocard

Legend
Anthony Randolph, Darko Milicic and Danilo Gallinari are players Knicks personnel should of been more dedicated to. Milicic is a great defender and shot blocker, close range passer and underrated at setting picks. Danilo was our kid we sold out for Melo, and Randolph; not bright and a weak post defender had so much potential and talent to work with.

We blew it all away to be a 40 win team. We give up too fast on really good players who haven't tapped their full potential yet.

So what if Randolph's BB IQ is low, the guy can rebound, run the floor, block shots and score points. I always said the kid will increase his basketball awareness once he gets consistent playing time. Such an incredible talent ruined by jackass head coaches in the NBA.