Carmelo is as good as Durant

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Also no one has supported Melo like I have since I joined, I remember guys saying take his dick out my mouth, I'm ass ****ing him and all that other bull**** and now look, dude got us a Division Title, #2 seed and out best shot at a title since Prime Pat
Just saying, I did get an infraction for defending him :mrgreen:

But yes, you've always been Melo fan #1 :gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
Also no one has supported Melo like I have since I joined, I remember guys saying take his dick out my mouth, I'm ass ****ing him and all that other bull**** and now look, dude got us a Division Title, #2 seed and out best shot at a title since Prime Pat

So **** D'Antoni, Lin and everyone who doubted Melo when I was one of the few who said he was Elite and would give us an era to remember

WOW! u actually believe our winning 2012-13 season is because of Melo!
I guess the Jeremy Lin era didnt give u any type of awareness.
The Linsanity era made us resign interim GM Grunwald to a 4 year contract.
No Linsanity - No Grunwald - and No Old-Heads with a HOF leader Jason Kidd.

Here's a list of owner Dolan's personal decision-making ....
Laydum/Mcdyess/Isiah/Larry Brown/Walshup/Dantoni/Melo

metrocard

Legend
Melo is making history guys and he's at a level he's never been before in his career. He's carrying a team that's been plagued by injuries and we have the Heat's number. This is our best chance at the finals in a long long time.

Kevin Durant is so damn overrated, his stats are inflated. I'm not saying he's lesser than Melo.
I believe they're both equal.

93 ratings for me on NBA2k13, they would get 95-96 but their defense is average.

LeBron is like a 98, so you get the picture

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Kiya hit it on the head.

OP made some good points but Durant is a 50/40/90 guy this season whilst being a v high scorer. If you look at career numbers Durant has a higher career points per game average. Rebounding is a wash for their careers,as is assists. I think Durant is a better teammate/locker room guy, although as others have pointed out Melo has matured in this area.

I think Durant is slightly the better overall basketball player.

Metro .... u was wrong for makin this Post LMAO

:agreed:
u are absolutely right .. Melo & Durant are two different types of players.
Being a Knicks-Fans, and Carmel being a Knicks .. does not mean LIE for the sake of the Knicks.
its not that personal.

Durant is a better teammate than Melo (70/30)

Both Melo & Durant were drafted by deep bottom teams .. their career growth, and the team growth, put the two players in different worlds.
Durant actually built his team from ground-up with young teammates, and a fresh first season NBA headcoach.
Durant skills n talents advance each season along with the advancement of his team postseason appearance.

Melo was given young experience postseason star players to advance the growth of his team, somehow Melo's team consistently got swept in the first round.
D.Wade & Lebron James was put in the same circumstance as Durant & Melo coming into the NBA.
Somehow under their rookie contract Lebron / D.Wade / and Durant visit the NBA FINALS...

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
KD head to head can't match up with Melo. Melo has destroyed him every time they met on the court. Even when they're on the same team(Team USA) Carmelo was the better player. KD plays with an all star PG. Melo plays with a 6th man in JR Smith.

CA7, I'm calling you out because you held down Anthony for years here, but we got people still doubting Melo and you're no where to be found. People need to know the truth and understand Melo is good as anyone not named LeBron.

Kiya hit it on the head.

OP made some good points but Durant is a 50/40/90 guy this season whilst being a v high scorer. If you look at career numbers Durant has a higher career points per game average. Rebounding is a wash for their careers,as is assists. I think Durant is a better teammate/locker room guy, although as others have pointed out Melo has matured in this area.

I think Durant is slightly the better overall basketball player.

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo is making history guys and he's at a level he's never been before in his career. He's carrying a team that's been plagued by injuries and we have the Heat's number. This is our best chance at the finals in a long long time.

Kevin Durant is so damn overrated, his stats are inflated. I'm not saying he's lesser than Melo.
I believe they're both equal.

93 ratings for me on NBA2k13, they would get 95-96 but their defense is average.

LeBron is like a 98, so you get the picture

Metro .... This POST is wrong wrong wrong .. im still LMAO
this POST does not HYPE-UP Melo .. its the oposite

Keven Durant's all-around performance has surpass Melo's high-scoring performance in Durant's 3rd season in the NBA. Durant is in his 5th season in the NBA .. Melo's career 10 seasons has not match Durants 5 seasons, especially on a teammenship basis.
95% of Durant's teammates stay healthy throughout a 82 season and the postseason games.
65% of Melo's (10 year career) teammates stay healthy throughout a 82 season, and postseason.

Hint:
Denver Nuggets headcoach Karl has won 54 games (36-3 at Home) without SuperStar Carmelo Anthony .... 4 games remaining
Coach Karl is not suprise that all his bigmen are no longer injury-prone since the departure of Melo.

p0nder

Starter
Wow just so much vitriol here for our best player!

@Kiya, you're wrong man, When has Melo ever played with a player of Westbrook's caliber? The only one he played with was Amar'e for short stints here, during the decline of his health/career. Who was the best player he played with in Denver? Old Billups? Nene? "mo****in practice" A.I.? The reality is J.R. Smith is probably the answer! And before Melo arrived, look at the nuggets! They were a yearly "also ran", a joke, a non playoff bound team closer to the current Bobcats then anything. Melo arrived and took them to the playoffs EVERY YEAR! He battled against Kobe plenty of times out west and saw an opportunity to test himself here in New York playing against LeBron and took it on himself to do so.

He's not even playing with that caliber(westbrook) of player here now and he's uplifting this team with his leadership skills and god-given talent. Durrant shrinks under the scrutiny, Melo adores it. Consider also that Melo, not Dolan or Grunwald, is the true mastermind behind the team we have right now. Think about it. He forced his trade here, managed to convince J.R. to join for pennys on the dollar, forced D'antoni out to get Woodson here, was a big reason why the old heads joined up and has been playing on another level. In that wizards game he took over and told his teammates he would, leading them to the division title at home. Check this story to see what I'm talking about: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9157029/carmelo-anthony-imposing-new-york-knicks-nba

The guy is leading this team into the playoffs as the best bet to dethrone LeBron and you guys think Durrant, whom melo just torched and took over the scoring title race from, is better?

Also @ knickssince93: I'm 27 years old and grew up watching/playing basketball from a young age. I've literally been a knicks fan all my life and I'm a life long student of the game. I coach womens/youth/u23 teams and play in a division 2 Men's league. I've been watching the knicks since the 80's... This is the best team talent wise we have ever put together.

I say ever but I can't really speak on the championship teams as I have only watched a few games of theirs, mostly playoffs games/title clinchers. But as far as I can see this is the best Knicks team of all time and the best chance we've had since probably 94 to win it all. I've been waiting 20 years for this team to show this kind of talent/mentality/spirit and a lot of it is thanks to Carmelo Anthony, MVP.

So yeah. I'm excited and you should be too. **** all the LeBron jock riders and Durrant jersey wearing poseurs. Melo is MVP. F)ck the haters!

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Melo is the second best player right now, James is the obvious #1. But even he has problems with Melo head to head,
Kobe not too long ago said that Melo is the most difficult player to guard, harder than Lebron. I think Kobe knows better than any of us on this board or any so called expert.
If Melo continues to play at the level he is playing right now, i will move him to #1 spot above James.
I know some ppl will call me crazy, but let me ask you a simple question. If the game is on the line, who would you want to take the final shot?

bigapple

Starter
Durant was in finals overpassing James in all games but he lost to refs

i will says these words

Carmelo Durant CP3 D-Rose will get titles in upcoming years

1st will be MELO :D he is now fired up and motivated like ZO in 2006.

Some jiveass talk in these parts....

Allow me end this thread, and all foolcats who seriously believe this Melo > Durant.

:teeth: some posters here trying to convince (themselves?) that Melo is a better rebounder, passer, or scorer...or better anything. Pass some of that shizz being smoked before people poster :smokin:

Looks like i gotta do the research to help bring the reality to those who afraid of it or wanna gump from it.

24 Years old vs 28 Years old

.506 FG% vs .450 FG%

.410 3pt % vs .384 3pt%

.900 FT% vs .830 FT%

8 RPG vs 6.6 RPG

4.5 APG vs 2.6 APG

1.3 BLK vs .5 BLK

1.4 STL vs .8 STL

28.3 PPG vs 28.6 PPG .

Better:

Passer
Rebounder
Defender
Scorer
Efficiency
Free throw shooter
3pt Shooter

Who led team to Finals already?

Game.

Oh, and KD co-exist with other stars and help build a true CONTENDER. How Melo play alongside your other MAX past cpl year?

metrocard

Legend
^ Weak post and a pointless post.

Thread was about how Durant and Melo were basically equals.

These arguments are super weak because Durant isn't out of Melo's level in any component of basketball. Being more efficient is great, but head to head; their skill level are both A level. It's a preference, not a fact.

Plus you research is elementary.
Anyone can go to ESPN or NBA.com and look up these stats.

It's not ground breaking research, googling is done by anyone.

These are more groundbreak stats to observe.

From their matchups since 2010

Melo
36.8 MPG
31.2 PPG
8.6 RPG (3ORB)
1.8 ASP
49% FG
38% 3PT
86% FT
57.8 TS

KD
39.2 MPG
26.6 PPG
6.4 RPG (.4 ORB)
3.2 APG
3.4 TO
40% FG
25% 3PT
90% FT
55% TS

KD is 1-11 against Melo.

Melo OWNS KD soul.

So you can't end anything with a weak post. This is KnicksOnline.com, you're a noobie. You will get served here with the ease especially since you're coming through with the weakness.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Oh, and KD co-exist with other stars and help build a true CONTENDER. How Melo play alongside your other MAX past cpl year?

Other stars? KD only plays with one, and that's Westbrook.

Last star Melo played with was an aging Iverson who was at the end of his career, Iverson still managed to average of 25 points per game playing with Melo. What stars do Melo play with? KD isn't even the alpha player on his team. KD lacks balls and he shows it when he plays against Melo who has dominated him. Melo is too physical, strong and aggressive for KD.

That's such a stupid question you should be banned from the site after such a terrible first post.

Other stars? KD only plays with one, and that's Westbrook.

Last star Melo played with was an aging Iverson who was at the end of his career, Iverson still managed to average of 25 points per game playing with Melo. What stars do Melo play with? KD isn't even the alpha player on his team. KD lacks balls and he shows it when he plays against Melo who has dominated him. Melo is too physical, strong and aggressive for KD.

That's such a stupid question you should be banned from the site after such a terrible first post.

Yawn. You prove my point. Stop running.

Let's talk present, that okay with you?

Durant co-exists alongside a ball-dominant player. And yet his scoring still virtually tied with Melo, even in just ppg? Who is Melo playing alongside? Certainly not Amare (not like he didn't already take that man's career down the hill since he came to NY)

How has Amare's career been with Melo -- taking away all injuries, how have Knicks fared when they on court together?

You're very emotional, which is why you're talking bout men's balls...i'm talking stats, facts, and reality.

Keep thinking like this is WWE, and you can craft a story where Melo is the BIG, STRONG, DOMINATOR.

Last edited:
^ Weak post and a pointless post.

Thread was about how Durant and Melo were basically equals.

These arguments are super weak because Durant isn't out of Melo's level in any component of basketball. Being more efficient is great, but head to head; their skill level are both A level. It's a preference, not a fact.

Plus you research is elementary.
Anyone can go to ESPN or NBA.com and look up these stats.

It's not ground breaking research, googling is done by anyone.

These are more groundbreak stats to observe.

From their matchups since 2010

Melo
36.8 MPG
31.2 PPG
8.6 RPG (3ORB)
1.8 ASP
49% FG
38% 3PT
86% FT
57.8 TS

KD
39.2 MPG
26.6 PPG
6.4 RPG (.4 ORB)
3.2 APG
3.4 TO
40% FG
25% 3PT
90% FT
55% TS

KD is 1-11 against Melo.

Melo OWNS KD soul.

So you can't end anything with a weak post. This is KnicksOnline.com, you're a noobie. You will get served here with the ease especially since you're coming through with the weakness.

Stop. Running. This ain't WWE my man. Fake story lines don't work.

Your arguments, quoting head to head stats from selected samples, is as weak as the LEBRON haters who crafted stats outta their azzes to try to prove some agenda. Greatness is greatness; better is better; cream rises to the top.

Durant is a superior basketball talent and teammate to Melo. How have Nuggets franchise and fans felt since Melo left? How you think OKC do if Durant leaves in ANY similar type trade for prospects and picks?

You right -- this thread was about them being equals (though how come so many than are saying here Melo is better? wassup with that?).

But they aren't equals, not by ANY metric or gauge of success....except you pulling a small sample size of head to head matchups.

If we wanna pull out small sample size stats, how about this one:

Melo's teams getting prematurely bounced in the playoffs, including getting broomsticked while with the Knicks.

When Melo can take a team through the playoffs, to the point he can sniff the sweat off Lebron's jersey...then we can talk about Melo having some special sauce that Durant doesn't.

You producing too big of a bark, for a player who hasn't demonstrated that type of bite.

Honestly. I am surprised to see this from you. I've read many of your posts and this Melomania is like your struggling to prove a point bc of your Knick pride being so strong.

Kiyamans poster has no misconceptions. Truth.

Also, you said those stats I outlined are like..."about even"?

Just no.

Durant is considerably but not dramatically superior to Melo. Does he bend Melo over? NO. But he is better, as a talent, and as a current player, and truthfully as a teammate too.

Let me end this debate another way:

this year, find me a thread on any OKC forum where people are saying Durant destroyed X's career, or Durant needs to be traded.

If i flip thru recent history here, how many times...even by ppl fronting for Melo now may I add, will I see people ready to drop Melo like a bitch?

A player of excellence like the one you are describing doesn't get treated like a hermonal woman!

n LOL@you calling me weak. Are you KOL enforcer, or Melo's online bodyguard?

metrocard

Legend
Fake story lines actually work, WWE is a successful company.

My arguments are pretty strong because they prove Durant is Melo's puto. It's a 12 game sample size, accurate amount of match ups between two guys. You're lucky I didn't use rookie Durant because the stats would of favored more. I used it from 2010, where Durant was entering his elite status. Durant folds against a Superstar like Melo and Melo ain't the only guy Durant folds against who holds superstar status. History tells this, you can't rewrite history. This ain't no script.

Superior basketball talent? Please.

They're both amazing talents, you're making Melo sound like Corey Maggette. Melo is one of the greatest high school, college freshmen and has been the 2nd best SF of this decade behind LeBron. I respect Durant's talents as a 6"11 SG/SF/PF athletic freak with the skill set of a Ray Allen meets T-Mac...you won't see a guy like him in a while. But if you're going to ignore everything Melo offers then it's not worth talking about. Melo's skill set is on the A level so is Durant. It's pretty much equal when it comes to talent and skill. How is that being bias or being a homer? I'm telling it like how it is. You're desperately coming here to Durant's defense and you name gives it away "ThunderThighs". The only bias statements and uninformed beliefs are coming from your part of town.

We're comparing players, not teams. Winning in the playoffs is a team effort.

If you want to compare teams, then Bruce Bowen is better than Melo.

So lets stick to comparing these guys head to head because that argument that doesn't hold much weight either. Melo turned Denver from one of the worst teams of the decade into players into the playoffs. Melo can prove you wrong on taking his team deep into the playoffs this season because the Knicks got a good chance to beat the Celtics, Hawks/Pacers/Nets, and the Heat.

metrocard

Legend
Also, you said those stats I outlined are like..."about even"?

Just no.

Durant is considerably but not dramatically superior to Melo. Does he bend Melo over? NO. But he is better, as a talent, and as a current player, and truthfully as a teammate too.

Let me end this debate another way:

this year, find me a thread on any OKC forum where people are saying Durant destroyed X's career, or Durant needs to be traded.

If i flip thru recent history here, how many times...even by ppl fronting for Melo now may I add, will I see people ready to drop Melo like a bitch?

A player of excellence like the one you are describing doesn't get treated like a hermonal woman!

n LOL@you calling me weak. Are you KOL enforcer, or Melo's online bodyguard?

You're saying Durant is better without stating any facts.
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
How do go from saying Melo is the next Glenn Robinson to now saying he's better than Durant?? Cluelessness personified imo.. Sigh

metrocard

Legend
How do go from saying Melo is the next Glenn Robinson to now saying he's better than Durant?? Cluelessness personified imo.. Sigh

Why are you hating on my open-mindedness?
You're always the hater of the forum.
The Melo is the Next Glenn Rob actually was a blessing and was made when Melo was struggling averaging Kevin Durant rookie numbers in his start with the Knicks.
But im not going to waste my energy on a hater, you give nothing.