Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Scribbles

Rotation player
This post has no value since you're highly overrated Melo's teammates acting like they're all star caliber players when most of the players on his team are below the average starter in the NBA.

Stop overrating Melo's team desperately to make it look like Melo has flaws in being a team. It makes you look very unfamilar with the NBA and just your prototypical Melo hater.

Pffff, and how do you think players can become All Stars? Putting the ball in the hoop with 7 seconds on the clock?

You're still not addressing the issue of WHEN Melo passes the ball and HOW he puts it in their hands.

He doesn't position his teammates to do better.

You keep choking on Melo's balls.

Your opinion is way too biased and a bit inflammatory if I may say. Sus.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Pffff, and how do you think players can become All Stars? Putting the ball in the hoop with 7 seconds on the clock?

You're still not addressing the issue of WHEN Melo passes the ball and HOW he puts it in their hands.

You keep choking on Melo's balls.

Your opinion is way too biased and a bit inflammatory if I may say. Sus.

Must not know Metro for very long...Metro has the least most bias opinion of Melo lmao. You should check his thread history of the past 3 years.

Broadway

All Star

Remember last year fans were trying to give Melo overwhelming praise for getting what often proved to be phantom "HOCKEY ASSIST"

I mean what fan base reaches to those levels of desperation to defend a player? Guess what you don't hear anything this year about such assisting. Now the conversation has shifted to Melo's teammates are trash and he's infallible.

As far as giving up the rock to his teammates it's best described as

Melo pulling the pin on the basketball and launching it at a teammate….

metrocard

Legend
Our record with Melo isn't good at all.

Our record with Raymond Felton isn't good at all.
Our record with Jr. Smith isn't good at all.
Our record with Andrea Bargnani isn't good at all.
Our record with Amare Stoudemire isn't good at all.

Our record is a reflection of those players more than it is on Melo.

Whether people like to read this or not, the fact is every team Melo has been on has made the playoffs and have been a + .500 winning percentage team.

The more people act like Carmelo is Sharif Abdul Rahim the more people begin to look like the silliest version of themselves.

Did YOU WATCH that debacle on X-mas with Melo in street clothes???? I think YOU need to watch more games and stop posting your Haterade filled BS. Worst loss by a franchise playing on Xmas in NBA history tells me the Knicks are a lottery team without Melo. Really you are too new on KO.com to even have earned the right to have an opinion so just sit down somewhere and shut-up while the grown folks talk

This team looks so sad with or without Melo. a lot of these Melo haters refuse to understand that. They believe Murraymania is going to happen like Linsanity. Murray has played well in garbage time and I hope he gets more minutes. But this team is really the worst in the NBA without Melo.

Most of these lines you wrote have no value in them, not worth quoting, but I'll quote two of them.

First one, you didn't need to write that. You had no point and it was just a defensive statement that went no where

Second line, Melo has to position his teammates better?

So do you want Melo to average 10 assist per game just to make sure low tier starters like JR Smith, Raymond Felton and Andrea Bargnani get some kind of confidence to play like their mediocre selves.

What is your point?

Why can't you just admit Knicks need a quality PG?
Raymond Felton isn't even good enough to play back up PG in LAC, OKC, POR or even in Miami.

Why can't you just admit you're really going no where with this Melo hate and everything problem you have with Melo, you have the same problem with 95% of this roster to a more extreme degree but you don't have the balls and aren't man enough to admit Melo is playing with the possibly the WORST roster in the NBA for now and future.

You have to hold that man.
I don't hold an allegiance to Melo, I was his biggest naysayer for 2 years on this website. I changed my opinion on my Melo when I was presented very well written facts by a couple members on this site...something that seems like you will never be able to do, so keep writing meaningless lines for no one to read.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Whether he's new or not, he's a good poster. One of the best newcomers on this site.

I posted my opinion on Melo in my previous post in here, so you know where I stand, but 3G4G makes legitimate points. Our record with Melo isn't good at all. On Christmas Prigioni and World Peace didn't play either. I don't remember how much K-Mart played, even so, he just came off an injury. It's not like the entire team was there and healthy minus Melo. It's not just Melo's absence that hurt.

I respectfully disagree. Wasn't that MELO last year that led the Knicks to 54 wins, Atlantic Division title, playoff-semis, and NBA scoring title to boot. That's right how soon y'all mofos forget after Tyson gets hurt and the Knicks get off to a rough start like the rest of the Eastern Conf. I am north of 40 so I know what I'm watching when I see Melo play. The man is a threat as soon as he crosses the half court line with the ball. Melo has unlimited shooting range, can face you up, back you down, kill you from midrange or blow by you and finish. That's complete game people, no holes. I ain't going for that"he doesn't make his teammates better" bs either. That is the point guards job, not your top scoring forward. Hello....did Kareem make his laker teammates better? No. His job was to drop 30 a night worth of sky hooks while Magic did his thing dishing out the assist. I ain't gotta honor the latest newbie poster who just got done listing to Colin Cowheards' latest "Melo sucks" rant to regurgitate that crap here. This is still KO.com so bring something fresh. "Melo sucks" is played out and I ain't got no time for that.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I respectfully disagree. Wasn't that MELO last year that led the Knicks to 54 wins, Atlantic Division title, playoff-semis, and NBA scoring title to boot. That's right how soon y'all mofos forget after Tyson gets hurt and the Knicks get off to a rough start like the rest of the Eastern Conf. I am north of 40 so I know what I'm watching when I see Melo play. The man is a threat as soon as he crosses the half court line with the ball. Melo has unlimited shooting range, can face you up, back you down, kill you from midrange or blow by you and finish. That's complete game people, no holes. I ain't going for that"he doesn't make his teammates better" bs either. That is the point guards job, not your top scoring forward. Hello....did Kareem make his laker teammates better? No. His job was to drop 30 a night worth of sky hooks while Magic did his thing dishing out the assist. I ain't gotta honor the latest newbie poster who just got done listing to Colin Cowheards' latest "Melo sucks" rant to regurgitate that crap here. This is still KO.com so bring something fresh. "Melo sucks" is played out and I ain't got no time for that.
He was a big PART of those 54 wins. Older veterans such as Kidd brought a lot of leadership.

I don't know what's going on this season. We lost some of those older veterans, but I didn't expect this kind of struggle. This isn't Melo's fault. My main thing is the coach.

This team is depressing.

Broadway

All Star
He was a big PART of those 54 wins. Older veterans such as Kidd brought a lot of leadership.

I don't know what's going on this season. We lost some of those older veterans, but I didn't expect this kind of struggle. This isn't Melo's fault. My main thing is the coach.

This team is depressing.

No Melo is at fault…he set a horrific tone with the "I'm looking forward to free agency" talk before the season started. Real mean, real leaders(one of which he claimed he was and axed Amar'e and Shumpert while not acknowledging Chandler last year as leaders) don't set season tones such as this. Not to mention the manner in which he arrived put this team at a great compromise.

It's not all Melo's fault though, there is enough blame to go around…...

Woodson is a fail

J.R. Smith is a fail

Felton is a fail

Bargnani is a fail

Shumpert most certainly is an EPIC fail

I think one of the things that could help a lot of fans, not to be so thinned skinned when it comes to Melo, not coming to a message board daily as his knight in shining armor to defend him, especially when he's on a 9-18 team while playing lukewarm all year.

The fact there is a "TEAM MELO" thread on this forum, in of itself is about as absurd as it gets. You guys root for the names on the front of the jerseys right? Then start acting like it. It involves being honest and posting with some integrity. Rooting for your team also means not accepting anything they place in front of you.

None of us would buy a car with a shotty motor, cracking frame no matter how the car used to drive or perform, nor if it had occasional moments of get up

None of us would buy a house with a shaky foundation, bad electrical system, and bad case of mold, no matter how well the interior decorating was or the former value it once held

This Knicks team is no different. This team is trash and we need to start over…how about a freaking "TEAM REBUILD" thread, with realistic ideas of getting us out of this mess. Everything eligible to be changed.

metrocard

Legend
No matter what Melo said before the season start would of changed anything.
This team was designed to play how they're playing today, if you can't understand that without blaming Melo then you have a personal problem.

These post and thread are made because of illogical post claiming everything is Melo's fault without a deep explanation, just a lot of personal distaste for how he acts or speaks. It's mindless and a waste of time to read. I don't even think even yourself understands why you do this. It's not being a Knick fan.

Theres a difference in being critical minded, a pessimistic and realistic.
You've been none of the above concerning you're obsession with blaming every Knick problem on Melo.

The Team Melo thread is harmless and confronts any Melo doubter or any frustrated Knick fan who don't understand the built of the team and believe in half truths they've collected from ESPN and poorly written NY media articles.

Every Melo supporter on this team can all co-sign on trading Melo for the right deal and if it's a deal that improves our future with multiple secure draft picks, cap space and flexible contracts.

We're Knicks fan first, just because we choose to defend and support the best Knicks player we've had since Patrick Ewing doesn't mean we don't have orange and blue blood.

I support rebuilding in all ways.
But it will never be logical to state Melo is at fault for the Knicks being bad. Never.

This team is going to be bad with him and without him. This Knicks won't be good till we get a top 20 guard and a top 10 big man.

jimkcchief88

All Star

This team is depressing.

Lemme tell you the difference:This team doesn't shoot as well at least not yet. As much as we dogged Novak out, he was a cold blooded knockdown shooter. Last year when the Knicks were rolling they could work it around the horn, find a open shooter, and knock it down. Wasn't highest 3% in NBA history or something like that? This years team doesn't shoot nearly as well from distance at least not yet. And the injuries have been a killer. Tyson,Felton,Metta,STAT, bargs, now Melo this team has fought thru a ton of injuries. And tAlk about regressing, it's not the #2 scorer in the league that's regressing(hello Melo), it's Felton. The Knicks should have jumped on Augustin when available but the Bullies beat us to it. That means management doesn't even identify PG as a team weakness but it is. It's hard to win in the NBA with barely serviceable PG's unless you have crybabyBron who is a PG in a powerforwArds body. But the NBA season is a long one and the Eastern Conference sucks bad. So let's get his team healthy and see what happens March/April. Darkest before dawn and all that stuff....Go Knicks:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
This team was designed to play how they're playing today, if you can't understand that without blaming Melo then you have a personal problem.

These post and thread are made because of illogical post claiming everything is Melo's fault without a deep explanation, just a lot of personal distaste for how he acts or speaks. It's mindless and a waste of time to read. I don't even think even yourself understands why you do this. It's not being a Knick fan.

You've been none of the above concerning you're obsession with blaming every Knick problem on Melo.

The Team Melo thread is harmless and confronts any Melo doubter or any frustrated Knick fan who don't understand the built of the team and believe in half truths they've collected from ESPN and poorly written NY media articles.

Every Melo supporter on this team can all co-sign on trading Melo for the right deal and if it's a deal that improves our future with multiple secure draft picks, cap space and flexible contracts.

We're Knicks fan first, just because we choose to defend and support the best Knicks player we've had since Patrick Ewing doesn't mean we don't have orange and blue blood.

But it will never be logical to state Melo is at fault for the Knicks being bad. Never.

This team is going to be bad with him and without him. This Knicks won't be good till we get a top 20 guard and a top 10 big man.

Well said and repped.

nuckles2k2

Superstar

truth.

repped.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

It's all truth.

Broadway

All Star

I haven't seen any Knick Fan place all blame on Melo, not one. This is a fabrication straw man argument created by a "TEAM CAMP" in order to detract and/or deter any blame being heaped his way. If we win he gets glory, therefore when we lose he has to take on the same. Not to go unnoticed I've seen fans disgusted with many different players on this team at different times for different reasons. I didn't see any "TEAM TYSON" threads when he went down and we were defensively awful. I didn't see any "TEAM RETURN OF AMARE" threads as he managed to fight back from a minutes restriction. Just because you're the most popular or the team's best player doesn't mean you're exempt from criticism or blame.

Did you read up on the Cleveland Cavalier Kyrie Irving coaching situation that has developed over the past couple seasons? I encourage you to read up on the recent news concerning this and how an organization should handle situations like these when the team isn't getting results it should out of everyone. And the mentality/philosophy should filter down to the fan base. Everyone is accountable no matter who your name is or credentials are.

Nevertheless Melo is part of our problem and let me tell you why…."He doesn't provide solutions"…Matter of fact he largely prohibits them unless we move him. It's too difficult to figure out what's believed to be the best formula to achieve peak winning results around/with him. I don't want to hear mythical discussions that "Melo could be the 2nd best player on a good team if he had so and so or if he played for so and so." Sorry undocumented and not proven! Also how many players could this be said about in this league? I would say quite a few if we take it at face value.

Trying to catch the 2008-2009 Nugget team or the 2000-2001 Sixers team in a bottle just isn't realistic. Melo doesn't have many prime yrs left, his salary is going to continue to balloon. We have all the signs telling us the right course of action to take. I'm not concerned how well his character and persona... is maintained across the Knick fan base or his personal well being nor should anyone else. Melo is fine, he's going to be alright whether he loses 1million games as a Knick in blowout fashion or is no longer a Knick…... trust he's not thinking about your emotionally iron clad message board defense cases in his favor. It's not lining his or your pockets or improving either quality of life.

These CRUSADES need to stop

THE END!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
And tAlk about regressing, it's not the #2 scorer in the league that's regressing(hello Melo), it's Felton. The Knicks should have jumped on Augustin when available but the Bullies beat us to it. That means management doesn't even identify PG as a team weakness but it is. It's hard to win in the NBA with barely serviceable PG's unless you have crybabyBron who is a PG in a powerforwArds body. But the NBA season is a long one and the Eastern Conference sucks bad. So let's get his team healthy and see what happens March/April. Darkest before dawn and all that stuff....Go Knicks:)

I disagree about our PG situation. Woodson is to blame on this one. Prigioni should be starting and closing games. It's not to say we shouldn't search for another PG (or develop Murry), but we DO have a very good PG that would help solve some of the teams' problem.

I like your positivity, and I always have been, until this season. It's that bad. Keep thinking positive though, man. It's great to give that positive energy.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Team Melo...

We need a pg!! Felton is way to average and Udrih is even more average on D. This league is full of star pgs so if your team doesn't have one it's am automatic mismatch. Melo needs a true Pg that will tell him wtf to do ala Jkidd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
Its not Melo fault we are a LOTTERY TEAM .. Bullshiiiiii
why would a Knicks Fan LIE to themselves, knowing ISO-Melo takes 8 of the final 10 shots of each game.
LMAO

We were a ISO LOTTERY TEAM in the 2011-12 season, untill a D.League product put us together to make the playoffs.

There's no such thing as "Team-Melo" .... The Denver Nuggets proved in 8 seasons u can not build around Carmelo-Anthony.
u can add Melo as a piece to a winning team.

bigapple

Starter
till Woodson brain will be keeping on Felton this team will not win anything

if you have wide imagination try to create such combo

Parker+ MELO

Rondo+MELO
Kyrie+ MELO
Curry+MELO
Rose+MELO
Westrook+MELO
Harden+MELo
Lin+MELO

elite PG have court vision they know where to passs when to shoot when to steal

its complete diffrent live on court when u have elite PG on the floor

just look 2 Noris Cole in heat he is not playing often but he can hurt you his defense his speed
he is good coz he is playing with best

Felton? Bobcast and Blazer but with difrent roster Nuggets

Now we see what Knics are missing since Lin /Kidd is gone

but this team shouldnt be ONLY MELO but now it is

i see the light this light is called "IF JR will be cutted" i respect what he done for US and he done alot but his time just came and when i heard and read bout this i just felt better.

Last edited: