The Nets will not be a Contender

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
Seriously. "Brooklyn Nets" here on this board has brought up an interesting common Net fan belief that they are a shoe in to pick up all of the super star free agents and will "dominate the NBA". Are you out of your minds?! I know it's been a very, very bad season, but really? The Nets are on track for bad years to come, for a very long time. Maybe they can get a great player on draft picks, but whose going to bring them up and coach them? They need a coach, I think I've seen vendor salespeople run onto the court and call plays. I think one of them may have worked as well!!

Thank you for creating a thread in my honor! I am delighted to feel so welcomed by Knick fans on this site!

Like I said before, Lebron James has a better opportunity of playing for the Nets than he has playing for the Knicks.

The Knicks are a team that doesn't have a core group of players that anyone would want to play for.Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler and Tony Douglas are role players and would be coming off the bench for a good team.

Lebron James would laugh at the idea of having David Lee as his Scottie Pippen.

Do you really think that Chris Bosh,Dwayne Wade or Joe Johnson are going to visit Lebron James before July 1st and convince him to team up with them on the Knicks?

I doubt that any great basketball player would even want to play for an incomplete team and the worst defensive coach in the NBA.

The Nets on the other hand might have the worst record in the NBA right now but the young pieces that they possess are a lot better than what the Knicks have.

Devin Harris, Brook Lopez and whoever they acquire in the NBA draft are a promising core for any NBA superstar who wants to win a championship.

The Nets will also be moving to Brooklyn and that could play a major role in Lebron wanting to sign with them.

Once they get that arena in Brooklyn and become a good team again they will be the hottest ticket in town.

They will bring in a lot of NBA revenue and bring winning basketball to the city of NY.

JayJ44

Starter
Thank you for creating a thread in my honor! I am delighted to feel so welcomed by Knick fans on this site!

Like I said before, Lebron James has a better opportunity of playing for the Nets than he has playing for the Knicks.

The Knicks are a team that doesn't have a core group of players that anyone would want to play for.Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler and Tony Douglas are role players and would be coming off the bench for a good team.

Lebron James would laugh at the idea of having David Lee as his Scottie Pippen.

Do you really think that Chris Bosh,Dwayne Wade or Joe Johnson are going to visit Lebron James before July 1st and convince him to team up with them on the Knicks?

I doubt that any great basketball player would even want to play for an incomplete team and the worst defensive coach in the NBA.

The Nets on the other hand might have the worst record in the NBA right now but the young pieces that they possess are a lot better than what the Knicks have.

Devin Harris, Brook Lopez and whoever they acquire in the NBA draft are a promising core for any NBA superstar who wants to win a championship.

The Nets will also be moving to Brooklyn and that could play a major role in Lebron wanting to sign with them.

Once they get that arena in Brooklyn and become a good team again they will be the hottest ticket in town.

They will bring in a lot of NBA revenue and bring winning basketball to the city of NY.

You guys have won 5 games. Obviously your core is shit. Devin Harris is overrated, he's not a good passer for a PG and his only asset is scoring. Lopez is good, but he's really all you have, and he obviously doesn't impact a team enough for them to win games.

You're not moving to Brooklyn anytime soon. They haven't even broken ground in Brooklyn yet, and they still have more litigation to go through.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'm from NJ, a Nets fan, so this is a stupid argument.Let's wait till next year.

Oh yeah and I'm sick of this Brooklyn talk.Are you even a real Nets fan or are you a fan of an imaginery team?

You guys have won 5 games. Obviously your core is shit. Devin Harris is overrated, he's not a good passer for a PG and his only asset is scoring. Lopez is good, but he's really all you have, and he obviously doesn't impact a team enough for them to win games.

You're not moving to Brooklyn anytime soon. They haven't even broken ground in Brooklyn yet, and they still have more litigation to go through.

The Nets are 5-51 because of Lawrence Frank and Kiki Vandeweghe.Once they hire a better coach they'll be a more competitive team.

Devin Harris is overrated? Did he not make the all star team last season or not?

Brook Lopez is still developing as a player and will be one of the most dominating big men in the NBA for many years to come.So many people forget that this is his sophomore year and that his best days are ahead of him.

If the Nets don't move to Brooklyn in a couple of years, they'll eventually move in less than 5 years.

JayJ44

Starter
The Nets are 5-51 because of Lawrence Frank and Kiki Vandeweghe.Once they hire a better coach they'll be a more competitive team.

Devin Harris is overrated? Did he not make the all star team last season or not?

Brook Lopez is still developing as a player and will be one of the most dominating big men in the NBA for many years to come.So many people forget that this is his sophomore year and that his best days are ahead of him.

If the Nets don't move to Brooklyn in a couple of years, they'll eventually move in less than 5 years.

That's bullshit, no matter who coaches the team, if the Nets were as talented as you think they are they would have more than 5 wins. This is a players league.

I couldn't care less if he was on the all-star team. He's overrated. He doesn't make the players around him better and his defense is average at best. The only thing he's shown is that he can score on a bad team.

I agree about Lopez, he's still young. But he's not enough to lure free agents such as Lebron, Wade, etc.

K, but when is Lebron a free agent? This summer, meaning it won't be ready in nearly enough time for him. There's no way in hell Lebron will play for a team based in NJ.

tiger0330

Legend

Man your optimism reminds me of the joke about the kid that's playing gleefully in a pile of horse sh*t because there has got to be a pony in there somewhere. .089 in the standings is ugly, Courtney Lee may have had a fluke of a rookie year, Yi looks like a bust, Lopez is slow and unathletic and Harris may be overrated are all reasons the Nets are having the kind of season they're having. I wouldn't start puffing out your chest like a rooster until Stern says "And the Nets select John Wall with the 1st selection in the NBA draft".

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
No max player is gonna want to go to the Nets before they move to BK. But once they do they gonna be a problem. They get a top 3 pick this year and maybe next. James might shock everyone and go with Jay-Z.

The Nets are horrendous!!! How can anyone root for them at this point??? If I was owner of the Nets I would relocate the team outside of the U.S.

Antartica sounds like a good place for the Nets:teeth: :teeth:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul

1. You're seriously counting the All-Star game as a player's accomplishments? It's just a popularity contest and a showcase, hell Kobe Bryant in 1998 averaging FIFTEEN POINTS PER GAME got in. Harris= Overrated. Its simple as that, it was just a guy having a good year.

2. They won't move to Brooklyn for at least another two years because they still need to actually break some ground on the whole moving thing. They're stuck in Jersey for two years.

And RunningJumper, you can't be a fan of two teams. You can be a fan of one and root for another when they play, but being a fan is different.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
1. You're seriously counting the All-Star game as a player's accomplishments? It's just a popularity contest and a showcase, hell Kobe Bryant in 1998 averaging FIFTEEN POINTS PER GAME got in. Harris= Overrated. Its simple as that, it was just a guy having a good year.

2. They won't move to Brooklyn for at least another two years because they still need to actually break some ground on the whole moving thing. They're stuck in Jersey for two years.

And RunningJumper, you can't be a fan of two teams. You can be a fan of one and root for another when they play, but being a fan is different.
Dual citizenship is definitely allowed as a fan...If you grew up moving a lot how can you not root for your hometown team? I was born in Orange County,CA and I grew up with Lakers season tickets. Once I moved to NYC my allegiance shifted towards the Knicks and I ended up being a season ticket holder for both teams. I got love for both coasts.

On a totally separate note...

THE NETS ARE A JOKE!!!

Lopez is an excellent player. Thats literally all that is not crippling and depressing on the Jersey Shore. The iZod Center is pathetic (and no...they aren't moving to Newark so yeah...), Devin Harris has shown he's not a winner (he has skill and athleticism but lacks the killer instinct to be a superstar), and the rest of their "core" is not even comparable to anyone on the Knicks roster...and thats saying something. Courtney Lee, Yi, and Terrence Williams would 100% not start for the Knicks. None of them. I don't know what possible draw the Nets would have besides "hey by the time your contract expires, we'll be settled in Brooklyn". Get real...the Nets are going to overpay David Lee once we let him walk and they will win 17 games as a consequence. Steady improvement is nice!