What a SPORTS NIGHT THIS IS tonight!!!!

miked1958

Rotation player
Okay here they are in no paticular order...

1) Knicks vs Bobcats in final game of NBA Regular Season with 7/8 seed still on the line.

2) NFL Draft..... We will see what JR pulls off picking dead last. Hey I wouldnt mind the Giants picking last every year. But He always seems to have a knack of finding those players no one expects to become a Star.

3) Rangers vs Senators in GAME 7 of NHL Playoffs at MSG. Need to finish off this pesky 8 seed.

4) Devils vs Panthers in GAME 7 of NHL Playoffs....

There will be alot of switching back and forth tonight from tv station to tv station. and my wife thinks she is going to watch the elimination show on American Idol. LOL

Last edited:

miked1958

Rotation player
Wow. NO comments at all? Its not often that you get a night like this in sports. if you want to throw in BB... I have not checked the schedule but maybe even the Yankees and Mets are playing as well... lol..

Just checked and Yanks are off.

However Marlins are at Mets again at CitiField. Reyes back for first time since the trade. SO far they have wiped that silly grin off his face as he is about 1-9 or 1-10 so far hitting against them.

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
LOL, last night was a much more interesting sports night, at least if you consider it worldwide, some great NBA games + Champions League semifinal between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, who cares about NFL/NHL if you got worldclass soccer going on? :teeth:

KingCharles34

All Star
honestly the NBA is the only thing i care about tonight, then Saturday nights the Chad Dawson vs Bernard Hopkins fight. And of course the start of the 2012 NBA Playoffs

miked1958

Rotation player
LOL, last night was a much more interesting sports night, at least if you consider it worldwide, some great NBA games + Champions League semifinal between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, who cares about NFL/NHL if you got worldclass soccer going on? :teeth:
LOL.

Not a HUGE soccer fan here but do whtch it once in awhile. however i think most of the boards will agree with me on this. lol

miked1958

Rotation player
honestly the NBA is the only thing i care about tonight, then Saturday nights the Chad Dawson vs Bernard Hopkins fight. And of course the start of the 2012 NBA Playoffs
True. we need to secure that 7th seed and go in on a winning note for playoffs. we dont want to lose to MJ and let him slip out of the worst winning % in NBA history. We need to give him some sort of PAYBACK for all the years of anguish he put us through as a player.

miked1958

Rotation player
However. I think there are a fair amount of Giants/Jets, Rangers/Devils, and MLB Fans on this forum that are Knicks fans as well and will agree with me that this is a big night

KingCharles34

All Star
Definitely MikeD, Im a Giants fan and a Yankees fan myself but Im more of a casual fan with those sports. Im a diehard basketball fan

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@miked: that's why I wrote "if you consider it worldwide", NFL/NHL/MLB are barely watched outside of North America while soccer is the most popular sport on the planet.

miked1958

Rotation player
Definitely MikeD, Im a Giants fan and a Yankees fan myself but Im more of a casual fan with those sports. Im a diehard basketball fan
I am kinda of even with Football and Basketball. Fan of Baseball and hockey but dont watch a whole lot of their Regular Season games like on do with the other two. Never miss a Knick or NYG game period. not even preseason.

Oh by the way... LOVE YOU Avatar

miked1958

Rotation player
@miked: that's why I wrote "if you consider it worldwide", NFL/NHL/MLB are barely watched outside of North America while soccer is the most popular sport on the planet.
sorry you are correct sir. no no outside USA cares about the goings on tonight unless they were transferred overseas or are in the US Armed Forces.

And you are right.. Soccer is the Universal Sport. I was pretty ticked when USA didnt qualify for summer games

iSaYughh

Starter
Playoff hockey is like chain smoking while doing lines of coke and playing Russian Roulette during commercial breaks.

Casual but true Yankee fan.

Big Giants fan.

Huge Ranger and Knick fan. Have followed Rangers more closely for longer; but my first sports memories were of watching classic NBA playoff battles, and watching the Knicks get roasted by the likes of the Pacers. smh, go figure I became a close follower of the Knicks right during the time Isiah came on board...

edit -- hoping to snag a ticket to a Knick game in the first round if we look competitive.

miked1958

Rotation player
Playoff hockey is like chain smoking while doing lines of coke and playing Russian Roulette during commercial breaks.

Casual but true Yankee fan.

Big Giants fan.

Huge Ranger and Knick fan. Have followed Rangers more closely for longer; but my first sports memories were of watching classic NBA playoff battles, and watching the Knicks get roasted by the likes of the Pacers. smh, go figure I became a close follower of the Knicks right during the time Isiah came on board...

edit -- hoping to snag a ticket to a Knick game in the first round if we look competitive.
I have a strong feeling we will

tiger0330

Legend
There will be alot of switching back and forth tonight from tv station to tv station. and my wife thinks she is going to watch the elimination show on American Idol. LOL
:) That's why we have man caves.

Running back or TE is what I'm expecting the Giants to draft.

fender0577

Rotation player
I am kinda of even with Football and Basketball. Fan of Baseball and hockey but dont watch a whole lot of their Regular Season games like on do with the other two.Never miss a Knick or NYG game period. not even preseason.

Oh by the way... LOVE YOU Avatar
:agreed:Damn knicks, just couldn't beat the CAVS, i will be watching the draft, to see what my G-MEN do, and I stopped watching Hopkins a long time ago, that dudes done.

tiger0330

Legend
I was just saying how ridiculous it would be to sign PJ for 12.5M a year and then I find out that that the highest paid coach is a soccer coach named Scolari making 25M.

It's been like 40 years since they tried to introduce soccer to America and brought over Pele and Beckham and kids are playing it now but it never has caught on. Just not enough scoring.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
IMO it all comes with long soccer tradition in Europe, all prominent soccer clubs have been around for more than 110-120 years now and they all are strongly connected to their host cities (honestly I've never heard of a big club that moved to another city).

KingCharles34

All Star
:agreed:Damn knicks, just couldn't beat the CAVS, i will be watching the draft, to see what my G-MEN do, and I stopped watching Hopkins a long time ago, that dudes done.

Shut the f*ck up u little b*tch ass. Thats why hes the light heavyweight championship u fender bender. Ill bend your frame dog and ill bend your little sister when im done with u f*ggot