Predict the Knicks schedule from here on out. (23 games)

vs Cavs: W
@ Hawks: W
vs Jazz: W
@ Memphis: L
@ Mavs: L
vs Pacers: W
@ Pacers: L
vs Memphis: W
@ Pistons: W
@ Bucks: L
vs Celtics: W
vs Magic: W
vs Bucks: W
@ Bobcats: W
vs Nets: W
vs Raptors: W
@ 76ers: L
@ Nets: W
vs Bulls: L
@ Celtics: L

I have us going 15-7. I feel we can beat Memphis, 76ers, Pacers & Bucks but I just wanted to include some upsets when making predictions. I also have us upsetting the Celtics & Magic (twice).

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
Looking at the schedule I myself would agree that 15-7 is what I would realistically expect. To be honest though, like the rest of the Knicks fans, I expect us to win every game. lol

lol exactly. I expect us to win every game too. Would be nice to beat either Chicago or Boston heading into the playoffs with some momentum & confidence. The Hawks are a toss up, but if we were to win the games we were supposed to win (Bucks, 76ers, Memphis & Pacers), & lose to the teams were expected to lose to (Orlando x2 & Boston) we'd finish 16-6. Anything better than 16-6 would be remarkable & would maybe give us a chance at the 5th seed over Atlanta.

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
lol exactly. I expect us to win every game too. Would be nice to beat either Chicago or Boston heading into the playoffs with some momentum & confidence. The Hawks are a toss up, but if we were to win the games we were supposed to win (Bucks, 76ers, Memphis & Pacers), & lose to the teams were expected to lose to (Orlando x2 & Boston) we'd finish 16-6. Anything better than 16-6 would be remarkable & would maybe give us a chance at the 5th seed over Atlanta.

You basically summed it up exactly the way I am envisioning it. A chance at overtaking the Hawks, and making it in as a 5th seed would be truly remarkable.

This team also would have a lot of momentum going into the playoffs.
Love to see all the experts who thought so low of the Knicks eat crow...

KingofNy

Starter
Cavs: W
@ Hawks: L
@ Memphis: W
vs Pacers: L
@ Pacers: W
@ Bucks: L
vs Celtics: L
@ Bobcats: L
vs Magic: L
vs Bulls: W
@ Celtics:W

I see us going 14-8 if we're lucky. Our schedule isn't that bad at all other than playing the Celts twice, Mavs, Orlando and Bulls once and our schedule is relatively easy. That's the scary part... Our guys always show up for the big games and then slack off against weaker teams.

KingCharles34

All Star
Cavs: W
@ Hawks: L
@ Mavs: W
vs Memphis: L
@ Bucks: W
vs Celtics: W
@ Bobcats: L
@ Celtics:L

15 and 8....that would get us to 46 and 36

There is 23 games left, the 3rd to last game of the season which is against the Pacers was missing

Thnx for the thought out replies. I can see us going 16-7 including the @ Indy gm.

I can see us doing much better though. We have a great big 3 & not every team has BIG's such as BOS ORL & CHI. If our D becomes consistant in keeping teams under 90-95 pts...

vs Cavs- W. Must win
@ Hawks- W. Must win for the 5 seed
vs Utah- W. No D-Will in MSG
@ Memphis- L. Got us on the road
@ Mavs- W. Both Amare & Melo @ the F positions could be too much for Dirk
vs Pacers- W. Expected
@ Pacers- W. Confidence & momentum
vs Memphis- W. We return the favor @ home & split 1-1
@ Pistons- W. Looks like a must win
@ Bucks- W. Expected
vs Celtics- W. They'll return the favor in Boston
vs Magic- L. Emotions were too high
vs Bucks- W. Expected sweep
@ Bobcats- W. Expected
vs Magic- W. Split 1-1
vs Nets- W. Must win
vs Cavs- W. Must win
vs Raptors- W. Expected
@ 76ers- W. Close one
@ Nets- W. Must win
@ Pacers- W. Expected
vs Bulls- L. They get us
@ Celtics- L. They returned the favor in Boston for the 1-1 sweep.

19-4 is my new goal

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I love your idea on this dude, and like alot of your predictions, but don't believe beating Bucks would give us a sweep, didn't they pound our buttholes early in the season?

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
vs Cavs- W. No doubt
@ Hawks- W. Obviously might lose, but have a chance of winning
vs Utah- W.
@ Memphis- W.
@ Mavs- L. Corey Brewer with a 30-10 game. :cool:
vs Pacers- W. Will feel mighty good to blow them out by 30. Only wish Reggie was there to eat the L.
@ Pacers- W. Salt in the wound
vs Memphis- W.
@ Pistons- W.
@ Bucks- W.
vs Celtics- L. Can't beat them...yet
vs Magic- L. Howard being Howard
vs Bucks- W.
@ Bobcats- W.
vs Magic- W. We swarm Howard relentlessly and Nelson has an off night
vs Nets- W. Show D-Will what he could be having next year
vs Cavs- W.
vs Raptors- W.
@ 76ers- W.
@ Nets- W. Make sure D-Will remembers the earlier lesson
@ Pacers- W.
vs Bulls- L. They get us
@ Celtics- L. They returned the favor in Boston for the 1-1 sweep.

17-6...too optimistic? :crossfingers:

lol @ me for having us go 19-2 before losing our last two. I'm not a crazy Knicks fan or anything like the above, I know thats a type of run that only the Heat for the most part can put it. 17-4, 18-3, 21-4 etc, etc. The boston Celtics also have that type of ability when 100% healthy.

All I'm saying is if... Melo, Amare & MDA all buy into the defensive, boxing out, creating turnovers & the rebounding aspect's of the game... We could seriously become Eastern Conf Champs this year. Block shots, take the charge, hustle for lose ball & potential steals, play with offensive energy & defensive intensity for 48 mins as a team/35-40 mintures per as an individual athlete, fight through the opposing picks & get off to the races on the fast break. Play like the NYK's of the 90's with Ewing (Amare), Starks (Fields), Harper (Billups), Oakley (Carmelo) & Mason (Turi/Jeffries/Brown). Play as a team, play with heart & fight for every lose ball that leads to key victories during pressure situations. 2012? We can do it now!!

MusketeerX

Rotation player
@ Hawks: W
@ Bucks: W
vs Celtics: L
@ Bobcats: W
@ 76ers: W
@ Celtics: W

Got us winning 17. I'm being optimistic. :p

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I have us winning all the games Lmao. True fan. I feel we can beat anyone on any givin night. We might lose 2 or 3 from being tired. We got raw talent tho braaaaaa. Prolly go 1-1 with the Celtics.

KingCharles34

All Star
I love the way we matchup with bumston...

-Jeffries can shut down Rondo
-Carmelo is younger, taller, stronger then Pierce...can tire out his old bones
-Stat beasted on bumston w/o Perkins, nothing to worry about with Perkins gone

The ideal way to match up with them would be this...

Rondo - Jeffries
Allen - Billups
Pierce - Anthony
Garnett - Fields
Kristic/Shaq - Stoudemire

OK i might be gettin ahead of myself by sayin Fields should guard garnett but its not like Garnett tries to overpower anybody. Hes a soft jumpshot shooter, all Fields has to do is smother him

When Jeffries is not in the game i think i would put fields on Rondo. I've seen Billups get torched many times against rondo in the past but slower players do slow him down. We gotta take notes from the Lakers, they beat boston by puttin kobe on rondo. Obviously im not comparing fields defense to kobes but they key to beating boston is slowing down rondo. the celtics lost the finals because of rondo

The Magic - well we coulda had them the other night. Cant let Jameer go crazy next time, but the team is still learning to defend together and i do believe they will do a better job next time of defending the pick n roll

The Bulls - Havent played them yet with both Noah and Boozer, looking forward to seeing how the matchups play out.

Miami - scares me the least of the elite teams. Until they put their ego's aside and become more complete offensive players, they're going nowhere. Wade and Lebron both need to shoot 1000 3pointers everyday this summer. Both of them offensively are more predictable then a slow white boxer like Kelly Pavlik was against Bernard Hopkins.

I love the way we matchup with bumston...

-Jeffries can shut down Rondo
-Carmelo is younger, taller, stronger then Pierce...can tire out his old bones
-Stat beasted on bumston w/o Perkins, nothing to worry about with Perkins gone

The ideal way to match up with them would be this...

Rondo - Jeffries
Allen - Billups
Pierce - Anthony
Garnett - Fields
Kristic/Shaq - Stoudemire

OK i might be gettin ahead of myself by sayin Fields should guard garnett but its not like Garnett tries to overpower anybody. Hes a soft jumpshot shooter, all Fields has to do is smother him

When Jeffries is not in the game i think i would put fields on Rondo. I've seen Billups get torched many times against rondo in the past but slower players do slow him down. We gotta take notes from the Lakers, they beat boston by puttin kobe on rondo. Obviously im not comparing fields defense to kobes but they key to beating boston is slowing down rondo. the celtics lost the finals because of rondo

The Magic - well we coulda had them the other night. Cant let Jameer go crazy next time, but the team is still learning to defend together and i do believe they will do a better job next time of defending the pick n roll

The Bulls - Havent played them yet with both Noah and Boozer, looking forward to seeing how the matchups play out.

Miami - scares me the least of the elite teams. Until they put their ego's aside and become more complete offensive players, they're going nowhere. Wade and Lebron both need to shoot 1000 3pointers everyday this summer. Both of them offensively are more predictable then a slow white boxer like Kelly Pavlik was against Bernard Hopkins.

Fields couldn't guard Garnett with a tennis racket in both hands. Bad match up.

Other than that. I got the Knicks winning 19 of their remaining games. I predicted a 50 win season earlier and I'm sticking to it...

KingCharles34

All Star
lol i think your right, i was reachin on that. Im a big fan of the rest of those matchups but Fields on Garnett (pause) is a idiotic idea :redface:

Shawne williams would work better, i like fields but i honestly think he gets too many minutes and he might be a little bit overrated at this point of his career. I love his potential though, hes a smart young player that can shoot. He'll learn to become more assertive on the court and less hesitant in time. I could really see him increasing his ppg next year. It appears as if Donnie and Mike D plan on having him around for a while as their starting shooting guard. Otherwise he'd be with Denver right now

MusketeerX

Rotation player
lol i think your right, i was reachin on that. Im a big fan of the rest of those matchups but Fields on Garnett (pause) is a idiotic idea :redface:

Shawne williams would work better, i like fields but i honestly think he gets too many minutes and he might be a little bit overrated at this point of his career. I love his potential though, hes a smart young player that can shoot. He'll learn to become more assertive on the court and less hesitant in time. I could really see him increasing his ppg next year. It appears as if Donnie and Mike D plan on having him around for a while as their starting shooting guard. Otherwise he'd be with Denver right now

I think Toney Douglas and Anthony Carter can guard Rondo/Ray Allen fine. Melo against Paul Pierce is an even match (maybe slightly in our favor), and Jeffries on KG is fine by me on the defensive end.

KingCharles34

All Star
^^

I like both them off the bench but theres probably more minutes available for Jeffries since Turiaf rarely plays big minutes and is injury prone. Billups does get around 30 minutes a game but in the playoffs he might get good minutes. Both those guys will probably play at the same time as billups at times, when fields is on the bench. That is a good point though, both those guys can make an impact defensively off the bench. I was shocked when Anthony carter got that block on wade :shock2: