Steph marbury..what ranking does he deserve on top PG list

dialdayo

Rookie
This is my ranking of top 10 point guards..post yours and say if u agree with me

1. steve nash
2. jason kidd
3. deron williams
4. tony parker.
5. chauncey billups
6. Baron davis
7. stephon marbury
8. chris paul
9. kurt hinrich
10. gilbert arenas (#10 ONLY because i consider him as a sg and not a true point..62..50..60 point games..doesnt sound like a true pg to me..

metrocard

Legend
The most productive PG's are

1. Kidd(All around)
2. Nash(Most valuable)
3. Arenas(Best scoring)

These two guys are the future of the PG position in the NBA, they're both at the same level. Paul is underrated. Hornets were banged up, but like I said before, injuries are part of the game
4. Paul
5. Williams

These two guys are some of the most productive/talented offensive PG's you can find in the NBA, both has similar styles, both strong PG's that can pass and score.
6. Marbury
7. Davis

These are winning PG's who had their sucess in the playoffs.
8. Parker(playing with Duncan helps, Parker is still a great PG)
9. Billups

He's overrated a big, solid defender.
10. Hinrich

GetRealistic

Starter
My rankings.

Nash

Deron Williams -basically because of his great playoff run and Kidd getting slightly older

Kidd

Tony Parker -Duncan helps but since he got that midrange game he's been top notch)

Agent 0 - not a true PG but can't knock a guy who can drop 50

Chris Paul

Billups- Been to the finals twice and was a finals MVP

Baron Davis- Amazing when healthy

Andre Miller- I know i'm going to catch hell for putting him over Marbury but Miller is the definition of the word point guard. Just look at how he made Phila halfway decent after the Iverson trade.

Marbury- As much as i hate him he has amazing talent levels

Raymond Felton- He'll be good

This is my ranking of top 10 point guards..post yours and say if u agree with me

1. steve nash
2. jason kidd
3. deron williams
4. tony parker.
5. chauncey billups
6. Baron davis
7. stephon marbury
8. chris paul
9. kurt hinrich
10. gilbert arenas (#10 ONLY because i consider him as a sg and not a true point..62..50..60 point games..doesnt sound like a true pg to me..
As of right now-pretty accurate. Just switch the 3 and 4 spots,and the 6 and 8 spots-you put stephh right where he should be.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I think the best PG in the League is Jason Kidd. If Steve Nash could defend, he'd be Jason Kidd. However the NBA never made him an MVP, when clearly in 2001 he was. Deron Williams could potentially be the next Jason Kidd. He makes the game ridiculously easy for his teammates. My rankings:

1. Jason Kidd
2. Tony Parker
3. Steve Nash
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Baron Davis
6. Chris Paul
7. Stephon Marbury
8. Andre Miller
9. Gilbert Arenas
10. Kirk Hinrich

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I think the best PG in the League is Jason Kidd. If Steve Nash could defend, he'd be Jason Kidd. However the NBA never made him an MVP, when clearly in 2001 he was. Deron Williams could potentially be the next Jason Kidd. He makes the game ridiculously easy for his teammates. My rankings:

1. Jason Kidd
2. Tony Parker
3. Steve Nash
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Baron Davis
6. Chris Paul
7. Stephon Marbury
8. Andre Miller
9. Gilbert Arenas
10. Kirk Hinrich

I think you've got all the right guys in your top ten although my order is a bit different.

1. Nash
2. Parker
3. Bilups
4. Kid
5. Davis
6. Marbury
7. Paul
8. Arenas
9. Miller
10. Hinrich

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
The most productive PG's are

1. Kidd(All around)
2. Nash(Most valuable)
3. Arenas(Best scoring)

These two guys are the future of the PG position in the NBA, they're both at the same level. Paul is underrated. Hornets were banged up, but like I said before, injuries are part of the game
4. Paul
5. Williams

These two guys are some of the most productive/talented offensive PG's you can find in the NBA, both has similar styles, both strong PG's that can pass and score.
6. Marbury
7. Davis

These are winning PG's who had their sucess in the playoffs.
8. Parker(playing with Duncan helps, Parker is still a great PG)
9. Billups

He's overrated a big, solid defender.
10. Hinrich

i agree 100%

nyk_nyk

All Star

1. steve nash
2. jason kidd
3. deron williams
4. tony parker.
5. chauncey billups
6. Baron davis
7. stephon marbury
8. chris paul
9. kurt hinrich
Here is my list that was very carefully put together. I made some changes at the last minute. [#]

1. Steve Nash - How can you argue over this 2-time mvp. (Should have won this year too!)

2. Jason Kidd - Still good for a triple double on any night.

[4]. Baron Davis - His strength and offensive explosiveness while dishing out 8 dimes/gm can't be compared to many.

[5]. Deron Williams - In only his second season he showed why he is worthy to succeed Stockton in Utah.

[3]. Chauncey Billups - Finals MVP and consitently good. Knows how to juggle being a playmaker and a scorer.

6.Tony Parker - Same as above BUT Tony has only recently displayed the ability to knock down 3's and mid range jumpers at a good percentage.

7. Stephon Marbury - Hasn't had much success in the playoffs, but with career numbers of 20 ppg and 8 ast you can't knock his talent.

8. Chris Paul - Still a bit young, but If you want your club to perform as a team, you let this guy run the show.

9. Jamal Tinsley - Underrated with exceptional PG skills.

10. Gilbert Arenas - Why? Because he ain't no PG no matter what the roster says. Great talent, but not effective if he has to run a team. Butler and Jamison can create their own shots, so that works out good for Hibachi.

Honorable mentions:

Andre Miller
Mike Bibby

YALLL are crazy,.. I understand parker has some rings but fuckk!! so does John sally( as a matter of fact hes got a good 5 or 6 rings i believe) doesnt mean he was the greatest pf. Parker is talented but the top signifigant pg's are Jason Kidd,steve nash, because they obviously make or break a squad.. U take parker , iverson or arenas or any of those listed bums above off there team that team will more than likely have the same odds of achieving anything they planned on with they players.The prob with marbury is he is not surrounded by matured talent..this year i hope is a diff story,!

1. Billups ( best all around point can shoot defend rebound and is clutch)
2. Nash ( his weak D can't be overlooked)
3. Kidd ( old age can't be overlooked)
4. Parker ( 3 rings can't be overlooked)
5. Williams ( Great playoff run can't be overlooked, but let's give him a full season, although I doubt he will disappoint, more than likely one of the top 2 in a season or two)
6. Kirk Hinrich ( Solid D, Nice shot, great playmaker can't be overlooked, probably top 2 or 3 when Nash and Kidd hang it up)

7. Baron Davis ( he and Steph are virtually the same player but we have to give the nod to Baron due to his team making the playoffs in the West w/ the same amount or maybe less talent than the Knicks)

8. Steph ( showed that he can be a decent defender last year, doesn't need to score, but scored when his team needed him most, examples: the game at Dallas and the triple OT victory against Det.)

9. Chris Paul ( injury last season causes him to drop in my opinion, but is young enough to bounce back and crack the top 5 again)

10. Delonte West ( yeah I said Delonte West, very good defender, blocked the hell out if Curry twice, good playmaker, and can hit the shot, his team is loaded w/ PG's causing him to be overlooked, but on the right squad, he could shine.)

Gilbert just plays point, no way he can be considered to be one in my book

Honerable mention TJ Ford

nyk_nyk

All Star
YALLL are crazy,.. I understand parker has some rings but fuckk!! so does John sally( as a matter of fact hes got a good 5 or 6 rings i believe) doesnt mean he was the greatest pf. Parker is talented but the top signifigant pg's are Jason Kidd,steve nash, because they obviously make or break a squad.. U take parker , iverson or arenas or any of those listed bums above off there team that team will more than likely have the same odds of achieving anything they planned on with they players.The prob with marbury is he is not surrounded by matured talent..this year i hope is a diff story,!
Wow, you must be smoking something with that statement. Parker is a BIG part of the success in SA. Sure Duncan is the key piece, but without Parker's quickness and outright scoring ability players like Finley, Bowen and Horry would have a harder time scoring. Having Tony on the court makes it harder to cheat on D because he gets to the paint with ease.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
1. Billups ( best all around point can shoot defend rebound and is clutch)
2. Nash ( his weak D can't be overlooked)
3. Kidd ( old age can't be overlooked)
4. Parker ( 3 rings can't be overlooked)
5. Williams ( Great playoff run can't be overlooked, but let's give him a full season, although I doubt he will disappoint, more than likely one of the top 2 in a season or two)
6. Kirk Hinrich ( Solid D, Nice shot, great playmaker can't be overlooked, probably top 2 or 3 when Nash and Kidd hang it up)

7. Baron Davis ( he and Steph are virtually the same player but we have to give the nod to Baron due to his team making the playoffs in the West w/ the same amount or maybe less talent than the Knicks)

8. Steph ( showed that he can be a decent defender last year, doesn't need to score, but scored when his team needed him most, examples: the game at Dallas and the triple OT victory against Det.)

9. Chris Paul ( injury last season causes him to drop in my opinion, but is young enough to bounce back and crack the top 5 again)

10. Delonte West ( yeah I said Delonte West, very good defender, blocked the hell out if Curry twice, good playmaker, and can hit the shot, his team is loaded w/ PG's causing him to be overlooked, but on the right squad, he could shine.)

Gilbert just plays point, no way he can be considered to be one in my book

Honerable mention TJ Ford
Billups the best PG in the NBA... Never.

OH and whats Kidds age got to do with his numbers this season. He is a triple double player, and you rank him below Billups!! .

1.Steve Nash+
2.Jason Kidd+
3.Gilbert Arenas+
4.Chris Paul+/-
5.Deron Williams+
6.Tony Parker+
7.Chauncey Billups+/-
8.Stephon Marbury+/-
9.Kirk Hinrich+
10.Baron Davis-
11.Sam Cassell-
12.Allen Iverson-
13.Mike Bibby-
14.Ray Felton+/-
15.TJ Ford+/-

Billups the best PG in the NBA... Never.

OH and whats Kidds age got to do with his numbers this season. He is a triple double player, and you rank him below Billups!! .

1.Steve Nash+
2.Jason Kidd+
3.Gilbert Arenas+
4.Chris Paul+/-
5.Deron Williams+
6.Tony Parker+
7.Chauncey Billups+/-
8.Stephon Marbury+/-
9.Kirk Hinrich+
10.Baron Davis-
11.Sam Cassell-
12.Allen Iverson-
13.Mike Bibby-
14.Ray Felton+/-
15.TJ Ford+/-

I was in a hurry while making my list so I didn't give it the kind of thought I should've, and left off some of my favorite PG's like Bibby, Andre Miller and Tinsley peep the new list....
1.Kidd
2. Billups
3. Nash
4. Parker
5. Williams
6.Hinrich
7. Baron Davis
8. Mike Bibby
9. Steph
10.Chris Paul

Honarable mention Gilbert Arenas( he's really a 2) Andre Miller, Delonte West, Jamal Tinsley, TJ Ford, and Jason Terry.

What I shouldv'e said instead of Kidd's age was his injuries and that is why I initally had him second to Chauncy, but there probably hasn't been a triple double player like him since Magic, and I think no other player has ever made his teammates better that J. Kidd, I mean what has K-Mart, Kerry Kittles done since, and look how he rejuvenated V. Carter. I think Billups isn't as good a playmaker as Nash, but is far more superior on the Defense end ( think Eddy Curry to Dwight Howard).

Blas

Benchwarmer
Top Ten?

1) Steve Nash (Obvious; however, I do believe Jason Kidd could be better. I give the nod to Nash because he does play in the West and in a harder Conference. Also Nash just seems to do the best job at making people around him look good, which I believe is the number 1 job of a point guard. Nash is a better leader.)
2) Jason Kidd (Obvious; see above. He is a better defender then Nash and a much better Rebounder.)
3) Chauncey Billups (It is hard to ignore what he has done in the past, but this season he did not seem like the clutch player he usually is)
4) Baron Davis (If he didn't get injured so much he would probably be in the top three. He makes some amazing shots, great passing, and is just plain lucky at times. He is also a very good leader.)
5) Deron Williams (He has grown a lot in two years and was pretty damn good in the play-offs.)
6) Stephon Marbury (Hard to ignore his amazing past play. The past two seasons are hard to gauge due to Larry Brown and the new system of having Curry as the number 1 scoring option.)
7) Chris Paul (I almost wanted to put him above Marbury. I've watched him play live and he was pretty amazing. If he were on a better team I'd think he would look stronger.)
8) Tony Parker (Getting better every year. He does play for a great team which I believe makes him even better. He fits well in their system.)
9) Kirk Hinrich (He is a great all around point guard. He can shoot, pass, and defend.)
10) T.J. Ford (Very good at driving to the hoop and can pass. He just lacks a good jumper and needs to work on some better D).

I would have loved to put A.I. up there, but he was moved to SG.

Gilbert Arenas is not a top 10 point guard. Living in Maryland, I get to watch a lot of Wizards games. He is an amazing scorer; but so is Kobe Bryant, who could probably do a better job at PG then Arenas.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
1. Kidd (Could play in ANY sytem and do what he does)
2. LaBron James (If he played PG 82 games he would be the Best PG in the NBA)
3. Nash (Kind've iffy on him cause of the system he plays in)
4. Parker (Bling Bling)
5. Deron Williams (He almost avg. 10asts in his 2nd yr OMG!!!)
6. Billups(He's getting older)
7. B Diddy (Can carry a team)
8. Steph (He'll prove me right next season)
9. Paul (Dude can Ball)
10. Ford (If he wasn't injury prone he'd be top 5)

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Jason Kidd had microfracture surgery in July 1, 2004. Since then, he's only managed to put up 28 more triple doubles. That is the combined total of these players career totals:

Steve Nash 3
Kevin Garnett 14
Lebron James 10

Now I think I made my point. Feel free to leave a rep point cause this discussion should be over. Jason Kidd is the best PG in the league. As for leadership J Kidd takes based on the fact he got his team to the NBA finals, something Nash has never done. He's still amongst the league leaders in steals as a PG. Oh by the way, this year in the playoffs Jason Kidd averaged a triple double.

2007 Playoffs Statistics
PPG 14.6 RPG 10.90 APG 10.9

after this I should be sitting at at least 10 points. (IMHO, LOL)

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Marbury doesn't even make my top 10.

1.) Gary Payton-- Will be a HOF'er...outstanding offensive/defensive player every single season for well over a decade...role player now...but he to me has been the best PG overall for quite some time when he was in his prime. Championship ring gets him over.

2.) Jason Kidd-- number 2 only to Payton. Great hustler, great passer, steady handed. Triple double kingpin. Led team to Finals what 2x? another HOF'er with Payton.

3.) Tony Parker... he himself has won 3 championships in 5 years...he's got to be doing something right, not to mention 1 Finals MVP.

4.) Baron Davis---can play all phases of the game..offense, passing, scoring...get's over looked because of injuries last few years.

5.) Steve Nash-- same as Baron..cept plays no defense...but he hustles his ass off, and without him the Suns fizzle out.

6.) Mike Bibby- led his team to several playoff appearances. Always a key member. Just ran into much better LA teams when he had his best chance to win a title. One of the most consistent to ever play. And started every game of his career.

7.) Sam Cassell- everywhere he has gone. He was won..maybe not a title but playoff appearances. When healthy 100% and in the playoffs few are better than him. Constantly overlooked, and underrated.

8.) Gilbert Arenas-- would rank him higher but not starting for I think 2 seasons holds him back on my list. But his talent is bananas.

9.) Chris Paul-- the engine that runs NO. Period. He very well could be the next Oscar Robertson with his talent level. He could very well pull off averaging a triple double for one season.

10.) Derron Willams- has the killer instinct, can set up teammates, hit the 3, drive the lane. Can do it all...he works on his D...could be the next GP minus the trash talking.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Thank you. Y'all must be smokin' dat goody good to put Marbury anywhere near the top ten PG's in the NBA. At least 16 PG's are better because those teams make the playoffs. Can you Imagine Marbury on Dallas or Phoenix?? Yeah he is buried on the bench and only gets mop up minutes. Marbury had a better season last year than I thought but to put him anywhere near the top ten PG's in the league buy any rank but salary is a joke. Top 10 point guards LEAD their teams into the playoffs instead of riding the pine down the stretch with a towel on the thier head. Look how Baron Davis played in the playoffs hurt and lead his team to an improbable upset. You can't even put Baron and Marbury in the same sentence. I'm a true Knicks fan but damn, Marbury might not even be the best PG on the team, let alone top ten in the league.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
Thank you. Y'all must be smokin' dat goody good to put Marbury anywhere near the top ten PG's in the NBA. At least 16 PG's are better because those teams make the playoffs. Can you Imagine Marbury on Dallas or Phoenix?? Yeah he is buried on the bench and only gets mop up minutes. Marbury had a better season last year than I thought but to put him anywhere near the top ten PG's in the league buy any rank but salary is a joke. Top 10 point guards LEAD their teams into the playoffs instead of riding the pine down the stretch with a towel on the thier head. Look how Baron Davis played in the playoffs hurt and lead his team to an improbable upset. You can't even put Baron and Marbury in the same sentence. I'm a true Knicks fan but damn, Marbury might not even be the best PG on the team, let alone top ten in the league.

maybe you 2 should start smokin that good stuff to help your cataracts out. because if u dont think a player with a 11 year career average of 19.9ppg and 7.9 apg doesnt fit any where in your top 10 then you're either dumb or blind as hell. 'possibly not the best pg on the team'??? watch sum games u so called fans then your allowed to have an opinion that counts.