why we shouldn't draft a pg(lebron related)

smokes

Huge Member
if we do get lebron, where will he play?
gallinari and chandler play his positions.should one of them come of the bench?
why? when i could easily see them compliment each other perfectly.
lebron isn't a sg.
should chandler get moved to the 2? james jumpshot is as decent as his.
chandler's handle isn't up to par to what a sg should have, when the pg needs help.
lebron isn't a pure pg, why cause he's a friggin tank?
he's the most versatile player in the league, hell in this system dantoni might even lay him at the 5.

Well you already suggested Gallo could play the 4... Your words not mine. I don't see the problem of Chandler playing the 2, when he's had another season to grow into it, improve his shooting stroke etc. I also don't see what's worse about having LBJ at the 2 instead of the 1, he already D's up star SGs like Wade and Kobe when they match up.

Honestly, I don't know or particularly care at this point, because theres 1 year and a ton of lineup changes that are gonna happen before we even have the possibility of getting Lebron, and my personal opinion is that I'd rather have a true PG feeding Lebron than have him at the point.

im not saying i agree with lebron playing pg
im just saying its not fait to call it stupid
and for your info
Lebron came in as a pure pg
play nba 2k3
or live
check espn, look around
he even ran the point in their playoff appearance
he rarely ran the 2 guard spot....much less the 3 or 4
get ur facts right

What's stupid is suggesting that we don't draft a PG when there are like 5 nice ones coming through this year, just because of some slim possibility of getting James next year and letting him play the point. I already said, I know he ran the point some that year, but not purely.. seriously. My 2k9 has Wade and Kobe playing the point every game, so sorry if I trust what I remember instead of your 6 yr old games.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Well you already suggested Gallo could play the 4... Your words not mine. I don't see the problem of Chandler playing the 2, when he's had another season to grow into it, improve his shooting stroke etc. I also don't see what's worse about having LBJ at the 2 instead of the 1, he already D's up star SGs like Wade and Kobe when they match up.

Honestly, I don't know or particularly care at this point, because theres 1 year and a ton of lineup changes that are gonna happen before we even have the possibility of getting Lebron, and my personal opinion is that I'd rather have a true PG feeding Lebron than have him at the point.

What's stupid is suggesting that we don't draft a PG when there are like 5 nice ones coming through this year, just because of some slim possibility of getting James next year and letting him play the point. I already said, I know he ran the point some that year, but not purely.. seriously. My 2k9 has Wade and Kobe playing the point every game, so sorry if I trust what I remember instead of your 6 yr old games.

sorry but this thread isn't interesting enough for me to read the entire thing....i saw something i disagreed with and addressed it...i merely said its not stupid for him to play point....and that he played point b4 and was far from last in the league in assists. i bring up 2k3 because it was lebrons first game, and he only played point in his first year. and yes, it is stupid fo rthat to be the reason not to draft rubio or any other good guard in this years draft. i agree with u on that

Red

TYPE-A
SMH @ Knick fans debating where Lebron will play BEFORE he is even acquired.???!!?? Looking past next season and debating a hypothetical biggest acqisition and his position = you have no clue what direction we're headed this or next season. Anywhoooo.... NFL draft this Saturday. I find picks 1 thru 60 more interesting than anyone the dysfucnctional Knicks plan on drafting/acquiring, IMO. Please continue your boring, senseless, meaningless, inconsequential debates while further emphasizing your lack of knowledge and planning, echoing the Knicks braintrust. Fittingly Knick fans....smh?!? P.S. If we draft a PG and don't get a solid big be prepared for more garbage.

GetRealistic

Starter
"IF" we get Lebron he can play any position on the court he wants. He is at worst the second best player in the NBA so just having him on the court is good enough for me.

Toons

is the Bo$$
SMH @ Knick fans debating where Lebron will play BEFORE he is even acquired.???!!?? Looking past next season and debating a hypothetical biggest acqisition and his position = you have no clue what direction we're headed this or next season. Anywhoooo.... NFL draft this Saturday. I find picks 1 thru 60 more interesting than anyone the dysfucnctional Knicks plan on drafting/acquiring, IMO. Please continue your boring, senseless, meaningless, inconsequential debates while further emphasizing your lack of knowledge and planning, echoing the Knicks braintrust. Fittingly Knick fans....smh?!? P.S. If we draft a PG and don't get a solid big be prepared for more garbage.

u didnt get the memo?
this is a forum, we are her to discuss the what if's....if we only talked about what happened then the site would be useless....its a broing topic, but everyone is welcomed to speak their mind here

Red

TYPE-A
u didnt get the memo?
this is a forum, we are her to discuss the what if's....if we only talked about what happened then the site would be useless....its a broing topic, but everyone is welcomed to speak their mind here

Thread re-named: Why we shouldn't make a thread about what position will [arguably] the best player not even acquired NEXT-NEXT season will play & then argue about it, while paying no attention to the current issues. ** Case in point... refer to the above. Anyway Toons to clarify I have no problems w/ stating ur points for the present or future. And yes we can talk about what's "currently" happening or what if's. But have u even read the entire thread? If u did then u see the senlessness and unimportance of the topic taking into consideration the odds of it even happening the NEXT season. Those are Knicks fans 4 ya

Red

TYPE-A
sorry but this thread isn't interesting enough for me to read the entire thing....i saw something i disagreed with and addressed it...i merely said its not stupid for him to play point....and that he played point b4 and was far from last in the league in assists. i bring up 2k3 because it was lebrons first game, and he only played point in his first year. and yes, it is stupid fo rthat to be the reason not to draft rubio or any other good guard in this years draft. i agree with u on that

after writing this... that was your response? What u bipolar or something?

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
jesus.

when people who actually know about basketball compare lebron, they compare him to magic( a 6-9 pg) and to Oscar Robertson(a 6-5 pg).just because the guy is a 6-9 mack truck does not mean all he is capable of doing is sf things.he is a point forward.you have a problem with lebron running the point because TECHNICALLY he's a sf, but you call rubio a surefire superstar.smh.

lebron is a facilitator.just look at his team.clearly, they have two or three could be or would be all stars.like l.a. or boston. again, smh.

28 PPG 7 REB 7 AST.

as usual, shit needs to be explained to the know it alls on this site time and time again.

1) People who know basketball dont compare lebron with magic or oscar YET They merely say that when everything its said and done and his career its over he could be there or better( he is that good).

2) Although lebron played some Pg in high school he is a SF in nba but I agree with you that he is a great facilitor. Beside that how you asume lebron wants to play Pg IF HE EVER COMES HERE. He did not showed that desire in cleveland and is not like D'antogny will or can say you play PG for my team or DNP

3) As for the stats that you show to prove he s a natural PG in the nba save it.

Magic Jonhson (recognized PG not assumed) 19.5 PPG, 7.2 RPG, and 11.2APG

Oscar Robertson (same as above) 25.7PPG, 7.5 RPG, 9.5 APG

Lebron James (SF with good passing skills and vision) 27.5PPG, 7RPG, 6.7APG

Larry Bird (Combo forward with the same skills) 24.3PPG, 10RPG, 6.3APG

I dont think anyone thought Larry Bird was a PG in Magic or Oscar mold.

So i think we should draft (or at least try) Rubio or the best availble PG or SG
and lets worry about what possition lebron plays IF HE EVER COMES HERE(I hope so ) for 2010.