Isn't it hilarious...

Look, Carmelo has been my favorite player since his Cuse days and Amare is an amazing player, but if Lin can continue to play like this...this is HIS team! LMAO! He has the fan support, the talent, hes young, this is his team if this is who he is! Not that thats a bad thing but its just funny how Amare and Melo came here so this can be their team but now JEREMY LIN has a chance to make this HIS team! Were gonna be like the Celtics I guess and Lin is our Rondo

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Look, Carmelo has been my favorite player since his Cuse days and Amare is an amazing player, but if Lin can continue to play like this...this is HIS team! LMAO! He has the fan support, the talent, hes young, this is his team if this is who he is! Not that thats a bad thing but its just funny how Amare and Melo came here so this can be their team but now JEREMY LIN has a chance to make this HIS team! Were gonna be like the Celtics I guess and Lin is our Rondo

If only STAT could be our Gaynett. :couto:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I hope Chandler, JJ, Shumpert, Harrellson, and even Lin's defense rubs on to STAT & Melo...... They have to step their game up on defense. Looking forward to seeing STAT against Minny.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Yeah, the biggest thing about it is that no one else knows him as anything else other than a Knick.

I remember a thread a while back of someone saying that we need a home grown player that is synonymous with our team, and we have him.

Melo and Amar'e were already Stars, and everyone knew and watched them on the Nuggets and the Suns, and they decided to come here. But yeah, if Lin keeps playing well, even if he isn't scoring as many points when they get back, He will be the fan favorite, and it will be more his team in a way.

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
Did you see how fired up Melo was on the bench today? He was the second most excited man in the Garden, first being Lin himself.

I don't think you can look at this and say "oh crap, what if this becomes Lin's town?" Carmelo is trying to embrace the opportunity to play with stars, it makes his job more effective. When they need to double-team anyone on the Knicks that IS NOT CARMELO, then the NBA is going to have some difficulties.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I think that when Amare and `Melo come back they will step up their D.

Think about it. Since they both have been out of the team we have been better. This has more to do with Lin than them not being in the team I believe. But, if they both come back, don`t defend and we get worse then everyone, and I mean everybody, will blame them. Given that I believe that they will step up and play D. If they don`t then their reluctance to play D. will stand out more now because of our recent success.

portega1968

El Cacique
I can see Amare and Melo jumping on the bandwagon and making this work. They ahev also witnessed the amazing week in Knick history and are smart enough to adapt to what we have.

I wouldnt be surprised if they approached Jeremy and let him know that he has the key to this offense, and that they will follow where he drives this bulldozer mixed with a drag car of a team. Theyre not dumb and know that averaging less points on a higher fgpercentage and winning titles beats scoring averages and dropping out of the playoffs.

They will make this work, just watch. They, with chandler and jeffries veteran leadership, will make this kid a legend

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I think that when Amare and `Melo come back they will step up their D.

Think about it. Since they both have been out of the team we have been better. This has more to do with Lin than them not being in the team I believe. But, if they both come back, don`t defend and we get worse then everyone, and I mean everybody, will blame them. Given that I believe that they will step up and play D. If they don`t then their reluctance to play D. will stand out more now because of our recent success.

Hope so man. Hope so.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I love that unless they're shooting or have a lane to the hole everybody is looking to get it to Lin. This team knows who's gonna create the offense. If JJ or Tyson give it to Shump he IMMEDIATELY gives it to Lin. Although I see Stat gelling with him perfectly and Melo buying into team ball a little more, neither of them will have THAT much faith in him.