Game Thread- Tue 31 vs Detroit 7:30pm MSG

Forrest17

Rotation player
Trade Toney douglas. We would be up by 40 if he never came on the floor. Package jordan or something, teams are desperate for 7 footers, we don't even play him so it wouldn't matter, get a guard that can play.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Hate to gripe about something small when we've looked better, but wish we'd try something with these 1.5 seconds remaining type things, even the old christian laettner-esque long pass to one of our big guys, hoping they get the catch, then turn and shoot quick. I know it's not big odds but its a chance of more points or drawing a foul, and if pass is picked on other team's end no harm done. Not a real big deal I realize, but seems like another thing blown by coaching to me, if there isn't any real risk why not take every extra chance. Football I get cuz at 0.00 a team can return a pick til play ends, but NBA if they pick off the pass who gives a crap, maybe, maybe they can chuck a full court but chances are by the time they have enough control the half is over. Idk, whatever

CA7

Scoring Champ
Trade Toney douglas. We would be up by 40 if he never came on the floor. Package jordan or something, teams are desperate for 7 footers, we don't even play him so it wouldn't matter, get a guard that can play.

Toney Douglas, Jerome Jordan, 3mil cash to Cleveland for Ramon Sessions and Ryan Hollins

Red

TYPE-A
I'll be impressed with Laundry when he consistently holds enemy shooting guards at bay. Steals are cool and a system thing, I wanna see better on ball D against some real comp before I believe in him again.

Let me see who's to come

KingofNy

Starter
Knicks looking a lot better especially with Melo back to his old self BUT we don't seem that much better than DET which is bad. We're def better but the talent gap should be bigger IMO.

I still think D'Antoni is mismanaging our roster. Lin needs to play more than Douglas and I would split Giraffries time with Jordan and MAKE SURE NEVER to play Jeffries and Chandler at the same time. It totally closes the lanes down, messes up the spacing and the defense just swarms to the remaining 3 as we never post up and Giraffries is a turnover clanking machine.

I cringe every time I see Giraffries set the pick and roll because even if he has a clear lane he finds a way to turn it over or get fouled which means missed shots either way. Well at least we're winning... against the Pistons tho... :gony:

nyk_nyk

All Star
I still think D'Antoni is mismanaging our roster. Lin needs to play more than Douglas and I would split Giraffries time with Jordan and MAKE SURE NEVER to play Jeffries and Chandler at the same time. It totally closes the lanes down, messes up the spacing and the defense just swarms to the remaining 3 as we never post up and Giraffries is a turnover clanking machine.

I cringe every time I see Giraffries set the pick and roll because even if he has a clear lane he finds a way to turn it over or get fouled which means missed shots either way. Well at least we're winning... against the Pistons tho... :gony:

All good points.

KingofNy

Starter
I'll be impressed with Laundry when he consistently holds enemy shooting guards at bay. Steals are cool and a system thing, I wanna see better on ball D against some real comp before I believe in him again.

Let me see who's to come

Heck let the game get over first. Classic Landry of old resulted in a big first half followed by an invisible second half.

CoolClyde

Half Time looking good

Laundry "Perfect From The..." Fields looks like his old rookie self, anticipating and percolating.

Girafferies and Spinning, 2 words that should never be used together, leads to nowhere but bad news.

Melo, healed with a couple days off. what else was Coach Macaroni to do?
Start Girafferies? don't make me laugh-eries!

STAT looking better, spacing is better, not banging knees.

Toney D still lost, so sad. what happened to the kid. still got a shoulder boo-boo?

Good first half, one of the best we've seen all year, against the Pissed-Ons.
they're gonna be the Sh*t-Ons before we're through.
:beer:
:gony:

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
win today to make us 8-13, next 3 games were gonna end up being 0-3 losing to the nets to add the cherry on top. :boohoo:

Red

TYPE-A
Laundry against...

Brewer and Rip CHI

Ray Allen BOS

Morrow and Stevenson NJ

Hayward and Bell UT

lets see how he does on D.

Word. I think I would trade TD for ANY PG that is a true pg and solid on defense.