OFFICIAL: Countdown to the 2012 NBA Draft

This is the OFFICIAL Countdown to the 2012 NBA draft! Here is where you can discuss the latest news, rumors, and trades all leading up to the 2012 NBA Draft!

RUMORS

DWIGHT HOWARD TO HOUSTON?
The Houston Rockets are planning on making a big offer to the Orlando Magic for Dwight Howard on draft night, even though sources close to Dwight are saying its "Brooklyn or Bust" for the Magic All Star center, Houston is willing to rent him because they belive they can convince him to re-sign before the end of the season.

LOUL DENG TRADE?
The Bulls are said to be shopping Loul Deng to try and get into the lottery

LAKERS MOVING ARTEST, GASOL, TRYING TO GET INTO LOTTERY?
IAMAGM is saying that the Lakers have offered Pau Gasol to the Washington Wizards and are shopping Ron Artest for a late first round pick.

RAY ALLEN TO MIAMI?
Sources close to both the Miami Heat and Ray Allen have said the two have mutual interest in each other. Ray Allen because he wants to win another ring before he hangs it up, and Miami because he's the greatest 3 point shooter of all time. Although Miami is very curious of how willing Allen is to accept a bench role.

RANDY FOYE INTERESTED IN KNICKS
Sources close to Foye say he is very interested in the Knicks.

KNICKS TO PURSUE ALLEN, OJ, TERRY
The Knicks are believed to be targeting OJ Mayo, Ray Allen, and Jason Terry with the mid level exception.

TRADES

New Orleans/Washington
Washington recieves: Trevor Ariza, Emeka Okafor, 2012 2nd round pick
New Orleans recieves: Rashard Lewis

Houston/Minnesota
Minnesota recieves: Chase Budinger
Houston recieves: 18th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft

Detroit/Charlotte
Charlotte recieves: Ben Gordon, Charlotte's 2013 NBA Draft pick (lottery protected in 2013 and top 8 protected in 14)
Detroit recieves: Corey Maggette

Houston/Milwaukee
Hpuston recieves: 12th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft, Shaun Livingston, Jon Brockman, Jon Leuer
Milwaukee recieves: Samuel Dalembert and the 14th overall pick in the NBA draft

QUALIFYING OFFERS / PLAYER OPTIONS

JR Smith has declined his player option with the Knicks for 2012

The Trail Blazers have offered Nicolas Batum a qualifying offer

The Kings have offered Jason Thompson a qualifying offer

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Foye made $4.2M this season, I'm wondering if he's aware the max we can offer him is $3M from our taxpayer MLE. However we should rather spend that money on a backup PG, would Dragić sign for that amount of $$$?

Wargames

Starter
Foye made $4.2M this season, I'm wondering if he's aware the max we can offer him is $3M from our taxpayer MLE. However we should rather spend that money on a backup PG, would Dragić sign for that amount of $$$?

Foye is realistically a $3 million and would serve a purpose. The biggest question is can the knicks move up in the draft. Draft express updated their mock today to specifically place the knicks taking Khris Middleton with 48.

http://nbadraft.net/players/khris-middleton

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Dragic for 3 Mill as backup? No way thats happening lol, he can receive more money elsewhere and he already stated he wants to be a starter.

Last edited:
UPDATED

Detroit/Charlotte
Charlotte recieves: Ben Gordon, Charlotte's 2013 NBA Draft pick (lottery protected in 2013 and top 8 protected in 14)

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
UPDATED

Detroit/Charlotte
nice move for Bobcats

Kemba, Gordon, T.Robinson? im guessing not a bad start or they can go the SF route and draft MKG or BARnez instead

Kiyaman

Legend
TRADES

New Orleans/Washington

Washington recieves: Trevor Ariza, Emeka Okafor, 2012 2nd round pick
New Orleans recieves: Rashard Lewis

Houston/Minnesota
Minnesota recieves: Chase Budinger
Houston recieves: 18th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft

Detroit/Charlotte

Minnesota became a playoff team in the trade for Chase Budinger.

Bobcats could be building sumthin starting at guards first ........

Washington need a motivator to keep the 3 months of trade-players on the court ..... damn

Corey Magette salary is given him the chance to play on half the teams in the NBA ......

Kiyaman

Legend

If we able to pull Foye for $3M ..... Nate Robinson fits better thn Dragic for $2M
Foye + Fields + Lin + Nate = equal ahelluva guards practice session .. energy off the bench.

UPDATED

Houston/Milwaukee
Houston recieves: 12th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft, Shaun Livingston, Jon Brockman, Jon Leuer
Milwaukee recieves: Samuel Dalembert and the 14th overall pick in the NBA draft

Great move for both teams. Milwaukee gets the defensive minded center they needed to pair with Illy, and the Rockets get a lower pick to entice Orlando plus a veteran PG in Livingston to help develop Dragic.

The Rockets can now offer 3 first round picks (One of which is in the lottery), Kyle Lowry, and a great PF in Luis Scola.

Lets see Brooklyn top that with the center that can't rebound and played 4 games this year, and MarShon "We hope he's Kobe" Brooks. :afro:

Wargames

Starter
I wonder will the Knicks be able to buy into the first round this year? Alan Hahn said he expected the Knicks to be aggressive this year in improving the team on that spreecast chat. So maybe one of the Knicks expiring contracts and their cash considerations can get the job done.

Kiyaman

Legend
I wonder will the Knicks be able to buy into the first round this year? Alan Hahn said he expected the Knicks to be aggressive this year in improving the team on that spreecast chat. So maybe one of the Knicks expiring contracts and their cash considerations can get the job done.

I do not see the Knicks buying into the first round, especially with the Birds Rights appeal up in the air.
I do see the Knicks buying another early or late 2nd round pick to find another (Ariza or Fields) sleeper in the 2nd round for a half-mil salary.

Paul1355

All Star
Lakers and Grizzlies trade?

I would be all for a sign and trade with Fields to get a guy like O.J Mayo...

Howard should go to Houston, nice city, they would be a tough team to beat in the west with Dragic, Martin, Scola and Howard and some decent bench players like Patrick Patterson

But Howard might not want that

Houston will be good with Josh Smith as well

I also heard rumors of a possible trade between Lakers and Grizzlies..

Lakers wants a player and a pick....Zach Randolph and a pick for Pau Gasol?

Memphis would be good with two brothers that no eachothers games

Celtics, Warriors, Nets had a good opening draft.... Hoping for Machado!

Looking like a strong possibility at this point as the Knicks are up and Machado is still on the board, although you never know with the Knicks. They rarely go with conventional thinking in the draft, for better or for worse.