I can't deny it.

However, I don't think it's all Melo's fault, or anyone in particular. They
need to practice as a team, learn to play as a team. AND, play more
defensively. They need to be under the basket when someone misses
a shot.

I can't blame the coach 100%. EXCEPT for the lack of defense, and I don't
think that has anything to do with Lin. I suspect the Knicks never had
defense. And, THAT I can't understand. :eek:hboy:

The Knicks 5 game losing streak has nothing to do with Lin's performance....
but it does have 100% to do with the headcoach poor coaching, substitution,
and player to coach relation.

Benchwarmer
The Knicks 5 game losing streak has nothing to do with Lin's performance....
but it does have 100% to do with the headcoach poor coaching, substitution,
and player to coach relation.
I agree, especially the poor coaching and substitution.

petescud

Starter
I love you guys. Thought it was just me putting this poor play down. The people in/from NY deserve better then this BS. Off with their heads

Benchwarmer
I love you guys. Thought it was just me putting this poor play down. The people in/from NY deserve better then this BS. Off with their heads

Okay, perhaps I'm the eternal optimist, but I have high hopes for next
season. *Don't hate on me* But, even though the Knicks are losing,
it STILL has been a fascinating ride since Linsanity took over.

:hippy:

Last edited:

petescud

Starter
I think i speak for most of us that we all believe in a great team here next year, though a lot of that will depend upon 1)coach 2)what players we can keep 3)better defensive stopping

i also love Lin. I don't think he's the problem here. Yeah, he turns it over a bit, but all young players do something wrong in the NBA. I think in the offseason Lin need to work on weights to get stronger and work against more Double teams in practice

Okay, perhaps I'm the eternal optimist, but I have high hopes for next
season. *Don't hate on me* But, even though the Knicks are losing,
it's STILL has been a fascinating ride since Linsanity took over.

:hippy:

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
The crazy combination of Knicks lineups on the court in the past 5 games has been ridiculous....as if our substitution was made to lose games.

If our headcoach had a brain....
Shump/Fields would be the only SG in Lin's backcourt lineup....JR Smith should be working with Bdiddy as a veteran backcourt lineup throughout the remaining of the season....Tyson, Stat, and Melo would have different types of "trio or quad" lineups to be in for more-offense or more-defense to choose from by now.........
Tyson/Stat/ Jefferies, Tyson/Jefferies/Melo, Tyson/Jefferies/Novak, Jorts/Stat/Melo, and Jordan/Stat/Melo.....

What did Dantoni prove by benching Stat & Melo? Nothing!
He probably wouldve prove something if he had a certain lineup of players on the court....
"Tyson, Novak, Jefferies, Field, Shump, Lin"...

Now that I've calmed down a bit after a few drinks, I want to share my frustration with my fellow KO'ers. How in the hell did MDA allow the 3rd quarter meltdown to last as long as it did? Where is the leadership on this team in time of crisis?

Sure I am disappointed about this loss but I am more concerned about the dejected look on player's face when they were on the bench.

Yes, let's make some changes.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Now that I've calmed down a bit after a few drinks, I want to share my frustration with my fellow KO'ers. How in the hell did MDA allow the 3rd quarter meltdown to last as long as it did? Where is the leadership on this team in time of crisis?

Sure I am disappointed about this loss but I am more concerned about the dejected look on player's face when they were on the bench.

Yes, let's make some changes.

It is hard to bench 37$ million dollars worth of "superstar/stars". --- the Melo & Amare people that refuse to accept that they don't defend - every single play when they are on the floor - and they can't outscore consistent teams with VOLUME-Ball. Calling 30% shooting (CLUTCH) - are already up in arms. Melo only recently started being more consistent raising himself over 40%.. the cost...? oh.. going 11-22/23? Lost a lot of games just so he could finally be more consistent offensively.. cept his defense is only for show.. usually late/slow because bad positioning or he was taking a break ~ and those turn into fouls.

* I have hope that Amare and Melo will start actually playing their guts out and defending every play, being aware, ready, REBOUNDING, taking responsibility for their crap defense, oh and offensive rebounding, oh and floor spacing, and communication.

* am seeing some.... improvement in the team -but ya know leadership is missing from the max cats.

Wargames

Starter
I am tired of this lack of leadership talk. Leadership wasn't the reason the coach didn't tell his team to defensively adjust to Lou Williams being hot and start doubling him on the perimeter. Bad coaching caused that. Leadership isn't the reason the Knicks don't have a Zone defense down to slow guys like turner down (Woodson shares the blame for that). Leadership isn't the reason the Knicks haven't been winning. Bad coaching is the reason the Knicks have been losing.

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
I am tired of this lack of leadership talk. Leadership wasn't the reason the coach didn't tell his team to defensively adjust to Lou Williams being hot and start doubling him on the perimeter. Bad coaching caused that. Leadership isn't the reason the Knicks don't have a Zone defense down to slow guys like turner down (Woodson shares the blame for that). Leadership isn't the reason the Knicks haven't been winning. Bad coaching is the reason the Knicks have been losing.

It's not this OR the other. It's both. If we want to be a force in this league we must have both planned, clever, versatile coaching AND strong leadership (motivating everyone to move their ass on D)

Even if MDA had only one of these qualities we would have been so much better off.

we can agree that our coach has neither, and our stars seem comfortable with sinking the entire boat for this reason. they have absolutely no respect for him.

The coach is the problem.

There is so much in this game alone proving the coach is the weak link to the team. For the sake of sounding redundant about his many flaws you only have to look at just one. For instance....he let J-Lin take more shots than everyone else on the team....wtf.

LOL, this shit is getting hysterical. You just have to laugh at this crap or you'll end up jumping off a bridge or something.

Wargames

Starter
the biggest proof that its the coach is the problem is the fact we keep getting killed in the 3rd quarter. Usually at half time coaches make adjustments to the other team in order to compensate for any weaknesses or advantages they can see from the first 2 quarters. The knicks either don't do this or they do it very badly.

The knicks as a team is dysfunctional as well from lack of early planning. The best comparison would be a strong boxer who isn't very smart. In the early rounds he will win off of physical abilty alone (talent, depth) but if that is all he has he will lose the later rounds as the smarter boxer simply out boxes him and causes him to lose stamina by avoiding his blows.

Its the same thing with the Knicks. They come out strong, make some stupid rotational changes that have nothing to do with who the opponent has on the floor and boom the other team has them. No adjustments are made for rational purposes. All opposing teams have to do is survive the initial rush make adjustments and they will get the win. Who Doesn't tell his team to double team Lou William's after he get hot? Who took out Melo when he was hot scoring? Who took out Shump when he was giving Williams Fits?

D'Antoni

Wargames

Starter
why did Renaissance Man turn his back on Turner for the dunk? one day later I still don't understand it.

Shut up troll... Can Quiggle get banned already. I mean he has a woman in a heat shirt in his signature he isn't even pretending to be a Knicks fan and obviously doesn't belong here.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
Coach is the problem for sure.

I know Lin has things to correct & learn, but he is really a rookie. The league knows to pick him up at half court, press him, double team, but he gets no help. He is just left on his own. No one comes to get the ball, set a pick for him, etc. And the coach just watches.

In all honestly, if the league did this to Chris Paul every game / minute he would also have tough games and be frustrated. I'm not comparing Lin to Paul, just making an observation.

Would you not think that a coach who was a PG in his playing days would be able to help a young PG on his team?

Wargames

Starter
Coach is the problem for sure.

I know Lin has things to correct & learn, but he is really a rookie. The league knows to pick him up at half court, press him, double team, but he gets no help. He is just left on his own. No one comes to get the ball, set a pick for him, etc. And the coach just watches.

In all honestly, if the league did this to Chris Paul every game / minute he would also have tough games and be frustrated. I'm not comparing Lin to Paul, just making an observation.

Would you not think that a coach who was a PG in his playing days would be able to help a young PG on his team?

the issue this team (save for chandler) has at making Picks is a key issue few bring up. The whole offense is based on the pick and roll and only Tyson does the physical part (picking) well. Amare stands there and rarely puts his shoulder into defenders going over his pick. Melo never picks, but then again Melo rarely posts anymore these day.... Anyhow that is yet another structural part of the Knicks issues no one talks about.

Kiyaman

Legend

Player-Leadership plays 90% (Jefferies & Tyson already prove this)

Stat & Melo leadership will show up the day Mike Dantoni is FIRED.
All of the Knicks players know Tyson, Stat, and Melo are tied to the Knicks for the
next 4 seasons, so complimenting Stat & Melo leadership will get the two supstars
to get Dolan to sweeten up their contracts....Stat & Melo being force to run "ISO"
plays from the start of the season showed Dantoni did not do his homework over
the offseason-lockout by creating a plan or scheme for the two superstars in a
halfcourt offense/defense.
Its ashame to watch the Knicks on offense having two super high scorers u
have to double, or watch on defense having a 7.0 paint stopper Tyson Chandler.