Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

tiger0330

Legend
The Lakers will be a test for sure, I want to see how Lin reacts to the double teams and traps I expect the Lakers to throw at him. Lin now has the target on his back that Melo and Amare had as option #1 in LA, let's see if he can minimize his TOs and get the team points by exploiting the doubles.

This kid has given me a case of Linsanity, been a member here since 2005 and never once had an avatar and now I am working on a Lin sig.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
However, you can clearly see a lot of improvement after every game. Lin gains his confidence and experience every minute he plays and I'm sure he'll add some new moves to his repertoire every time the opposite team will adjust to his standard game. Besides, our team can be so universal that it will be always tough for the opponent's defense to figure out who's going to cause the major threat on which possession.

portega1968

El Cacique
What happened on Tuesday, December 27, 2011?

* Powerful quake hits Siberia
* Italy fines Apple $1.2million
* Somali pirates hijack another tanker
* Egypt stop virginity tests on female detainees (yeah right)
* Residents in panic as Indonesia's Mount Lokon erupts
* Military coup foiled in Guinea Bissau

AND....

* Jeremy Lin was claimed off waivers by the New York Knicks!!!

Who would've thought that Dec. 27, 2011 would become one of the most blessed days in Knickerbocker history?

A quick look back at what was said after this historic event!!!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...laim-guard-jeremy-lin-waivers-houston-rockets

Knicks claim guard Jeremy Lin
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

The New York Knicks have claimed guard Jeremy Lin off waivers to fill a void at backup point guard.

Lin was released Sunday by the Rockets to make roster room for Houston's signing of Samuel Dalembert.

The Rockets had claimed Lin off waivers after he was released by the Golden State Warriors, who had to let him go to create the requisite salary-cap space for a four-year offer sheet worth nearly $43 million to then-restricted DeAndre Jordan that was matched by the Los Angeles Clippers.

Lin is a Bay Area native who played in 29 games last season as a rookie with the Warriors, becoming the NBA's first Asian-American player since 1947.

The Knicks, who last week claimed sharpshooter Steve Novak off waivers, needed another guard after rookie Iman Shumpert suffered a knee injury in New York's Christmas Day win over Boston. New York is also still waiting for recently signed point guard Baron Davis to recover from a back injury in order to thrust him into the starting lineup.

"He can really get in the lane and distribute the basketball," Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said of Lin on Tuesday. "We haven't seen him for a couple of years, but when we worked him out, we liked him. We'll see."

Lin will join the Knicks in the Bay Area on Wednesday prior to their game against Golden State. Reserve point guard Mike Bibby is expected to return from a back injury on Wednesday against the Warriors.

The ailment sidelined Bibby for the Knicks' season-opening win over Boston on Sunday. If Bibby is healthy enough to play, Lin, a former standout at Harvard University, will serve as the Knicks' third point guard. Toney Douglas is the starting point guard for the Knicks.

"If someone wakes up with a cold, he's playing a lot. If not, then we'll see," said D'Antoni, who quipped that Lin "might be the smartest guy we have."

Just how long the Knicks plan to keep Lin is unclear. His contract is not guaranteed, so the Knicks can waive him at any time prior to Feb. 10 without having to pay the remainder of his contract. If and when Shumpert returns from his injury, he will likely resume his role as one of the team's three point guards, leaving Lin as the odd man out.

Lin's addition gives the Knicks 15 players on their roster. They still have the $2.5 million "room" exception available to acquire a free agent. If they choose to add another player, they would need to free up a roster spot.

"Jeremy's just looking for an opportunity to show what he can do," his agent Roger Montgomery said on Tuesday. " And, what better place to do so, than on the biggest stage in basketball?"

Bringing on Bibby, Douglas sucking, Shump hurt, Rockets going after Dalembert, Billups amnestied, Kmart committing to the Clips last week.. the list can be endless!!! But one thing is always proven in the end... Life takes unknown paths to reach it's destiny

Red

TYPE-A
In order for Lin to really work our leaders must take the same approach with him as the Celtics did with Rondo.

Our Broadway Bigs must continually tell Lin

"This is your team, we'll go as far as you can take us"

"You control the team"

"We are your weapons at your disposal"

I think Lin's chemistry with the 2nd unit is crucial. Once he gets time with STAT & Melo, he'll be even deadlier. It'll be pick your poison time.

Defenses will back up while Lin penetrates, and the dish in the lane to Stat or the Mad Byson is unstoppable!

Novak is another god send.

On defense, if Lin can play D and stay in front of his man, we can compete with anyone. Everyone is saying it's the D'antoni system...

I say it's obvious that when we look to score inside we can dominate. And that's something Lin brings as a fundamental, not because of the system. We are winning by playing fundamentally sound ball, no coincidence.

We were disappointed to learn that Mike couldn't get umpteen guards to do this. With Lin we should never see 4o something threes a game. Never.

Red

TYPE-A
WE'RE ALL-LIN!

detail.php

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
^^From your link to that shirt : "Join in the Linsanity with the New York Celtics Linsanity T-Shirt! Follow his lead and cheer Lin on in a legendary way."

Who the **** is writing copy for these guys? good lord. someone needs to be taken out and shot.

All the same, i'd buy that shirt and i love the "We're all-lin" saying. hahaha lovin' it.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Lin probably gets more attention than all top 10 players combined at the moment... seriously, the whole NBA talks about him!

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
my favorite lin moment so far is landrys reaction to that layup and 1....i laugh my ass off every time i see it

smokes

Huge Member
The CBA does not allow them to restructure their contracts. We're stuck with 3 players taking up 91% of our cap.

A big part of the NBA's new CBA will be a "renegotiation and extension" provision.

It will allow players to be paid a smaller amount over a long period, but the salary cannot decrease by more than 40 percent.

A renegotiated salary previously could only increase a salary.

Was this false then?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
It's possible to renegotiate your contract to a dicreased value per year. However, we all don't see it happening in New York because our stars didn't come here to win a championship, but to earn more $$$.

Amare signed here because we were the only team that offered him a max contract. Carmelo forced his trade because he didn't want to experience free agency and possibly earn less money based on the new labor agreement. Chandler chose Knicks because we offered more than others. Besides each of them wanted to play in a big market area, to make even more money from sponsors, commercials etc.

Red

TYPE-A
It's possible to renegotiate your contract to a dicreased value per year. However, we all don't see it happening in New York because our stars didn't come here to win a championship, but to earn more $$$.

Amare signed here because we were the only team that offered him a max contract. Carmelo forced his trade because he didn't want to experience free agency and possibly earn less money based on the new labor agreement. Chandler chose Knicks because we offered more than others. Besides each of them wanted to play in a big market area, to make even more money from sponsors, commercials etc.

I have an issue with these statements.

1. Show me a player who isn't salary motivated...

9 out of 10 players will choose money, no secret, no big deal. Its a player fiduciary responsibility to accept the best offer based on market value. In other words players accept the best offer inadvertently affecting the market value of all other players. And many times its NOT the best situation; I'm sure every player would love to be on the Lakers, or OKC and still make the same $

But the truth is only one team can win. The rest go home early. Should everyone stand in line to join contenders only?

2. You're speculating and have nothing to back your opinion

3. You like many people have what I call "regular season" memory... you forget what a different game it is come playoffs- especially IF you are a Knicks fan.

There is a drastic change in dynamics come playoffs. Better teams, better analysis and team specific game planning, higher stakes.

This is where stars earn their money. Do you believe a ball swung out or game winning shot has a better chance with a squad of role players? Better than STAT OR Melo? Lol

Melo came here and knocked down more game winning shots than our entire team combined, in less than half a season. If you want to be taken seriously in the playoffs, you can't field a team of role players and journeymen, no matter what they did in the regular season.

A front court of STAT-Melo-The mad byson is very imposing.

*and we're basically stuck with them for years to come. You should reasses whether you are with us or against us. Salaries or not.

skisloper

Starter
I have an issue with these statements.

1. Show me a player who isn't salary motivated...

9 out of 10 players will choose money, no secret, no big deal. Its a player fiduciary responsibility to accept the best offer based on market value. In other words players accept the best offer inadvertently affecting the market value of all other players. And many times its NOT the best situation; I'm sure every player would love to be on the Lakers, or OKC and still make the same $

But the truth is only one team can win. The rest go home early. Should everyone stand in line to join contenders only?

2. You're speculating and have nothing to back your opinion

3. You like many people have what I call "regular season" memory... you forget what a different game it is come playoffs- especially IF you are a Knicks fan.

There is a drastic change in dynamics come playoffs. Better teams, better analysis and team specific game planning, higher stakes.

This is where stars earn their money. Do you believe a ball swung out or game winning shot has a better chance with a squad of role players? Better than STAT OR Melo? Lol

Melo came here and knocked down more game winning shots than our entire team combined, in less than half a season. If you want to be taken seriously in the playoffs, you can't field a team of role players and journeymen, no matter what they did in the regular season.

A front court of STAT-Melo-The mad byson is very imposing.

*and we're basically stuck with them for years to come. You should reasses whether you are with us or against us. Salaries or not.

You are so right. Look at Stat ( before getting hurt ) and Melo in the Celtics series......They played as good as any NBA player...
Now throw Tyson, Lin and Fields ( alive again )...we have something to grasp...

LET LIN STAY HEALTHY

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@Red: you've got me wrong. I understand players' desire to earn more. However, there are superstars who decided to take a cut off their contracts to become a contender. LeBron, Bosh, Wade, Pierce and Allen earn all less than Amare or Carmelo. I have nothing against our stars and I understand how the playoffs work, but they put us in a very uncomfortable situation where we're stuck with three stars with huge contracts and a bunch of scrubs. If our big three accepted 20% less than they do earn now we'd have around $10M to spend on a couple of role players to close the roster.

edit: your post reminded me of an ESPN commercial, I've just written our bigs chose NY for money = they could take less and you've made helluva story about stars power and playoffs stuff:

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
@Red: you've got me wrong. I understand players' desire to earn more. However, there are superstars who decided to take a cut off their contracts to become a contender. LeBron, Bosh, Wade, Pierce and Allen earn all less than Amare or Carmelo. I have nothing against our stars and I understand how the playoffs work, but they put us in a very uncomfortable situation where we're stuck with three stars with huge contracts and a bunch of scrubs. If our big three accepted 20% less than they do earn now we'd have around $10M to spend on a couple of role players to close the roster.

edit: your post reminded me of an ESPN commercial, I've just written our bigs chose NY for money = they could take less and you've made helluva story about stars power and playoffs stuff:

Forgive me if I misunderstood.

But to your point...

Lebron & co. took less:

1. Was an example of colusion
2. Have scrubs on their team as well
3. Still lost
4. Pay less taxes in FL.

To our players taking 20% less:

1. Increases the likelihood we would be playing against them instead of with them

2. It wasn't because they took more money that our fillers might be deemed undesirable- it was their performance within the system

3. Shump, Jorts, Fields even a TD, Balk, JJ, AND THE Jamaican Sensation, are hardly scrubs, especally when used correctly

4. Mike D's influence on our draft is more responsible than max contracts

Every contending team with stars must have cheap role players that exceed their contract $ in order to win.

And again to the playoffs, Melo droppd 42 on the Celtics in an attempt to keep us in the game...

What player DID WE HAVE, or COULD WE HAVE HAD, can do that?

You must pay to play, and its not secret we being the largest market equates to higher salary players or moreso paying players their highest market value instead of getting a bargain. Its a byproduct of having a team in this city. Simple economics.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I`m really looking forward to Amare coming back. I am hoping that Jeremy and Amare can have an instant understanding between them in the way that Jeremy and Tyson seem to have. Watching them run the pick and roll during the last three games has been a joy to watch.

If Amare and Jeremy can run the pick and roll together then Amare can get back to doing what he does best which is being an unstoppable force when rolling to the basket.