Official Free Agency Thread

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
@NYPost_Berman: #Knicks making offer to 35-year-old Spanish League point guard Pablo Prigioni http://t.co/jCmjJrZ1

1/2: @TommyDeeTKB: RT @KnickScoop: @TommyDeeTKB Prigioni, canny, Jr, Novak, Lin and Kidd.. Have to applaud Grunwald .. If he can get dahntay, wow that'd be impressive

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Pablo would be a nice 3rd string PG, and looking at his youtube videos he will be able to play some SG as well.

We should be 100% SET at the PG position

all we need is a SG filler and resign.. wait wait *RE-SIGN* jeffries.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Pablo would be a nice 3rd string PG, and looking at his youtube videos he will be able to play some SG as well.

We should be 100% SET at the PG position

"I do not have problem to be the third PG on the team. The season has 82 games and I have to be ready to play" - Prigioni, via @JulianMozo.

Looks like he'll officially be a Knickerbocker.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

This will become an offseason staple.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;241344 said:
The Lakers and Rockets have been in talks with the Magic involving a deal for Dwight Howard.

Houston is discussing multiple trade scenarios, both as a direct trading partner for Howard and as a facilitator that would bring Andrew Bynum to the Rockets.

The Rockets would acquire Bynum while sending a package of future draft picks and cap-friendly contracts to Orlando.

The key elements, according to sources, call for the Lakers to end up with Howard and Houston to finally get a top-20 player in Bynum.

Houston can likely absorb the contract of Jason Richardson.

The trade components were originally reported by Eric Pincus of HoopsWorld.

Sources say Magic GM Rob Hennigan may prefer acquiring young players and picks than taking on Bynum and attempting to convince him to sign long-term.

The Nets continue to work on a deal of their own to acquire Howard, but the complexities of involving so many players being moved via sign-and-trade have led to a standstill.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ward_Trade_Scenarios_With_Magic#ixzz20Jt9gaOB

Rockets want Bynum and or Howard to add to Asik. Twin towers rebirth!

If the Magic can pull in several picks and dump J Rich, I think they'll get a collectively itchy trigger finger.

The Nets are expected to either trade for Dwight Howard on Wednesday or move on, according to ESPN's Ric Bucher.
On a similar note, Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com quoted a source as saying, "It's all coming to a head," which he took to mean 'He's being dealt somewhere today.' The Nets are currently negotiating a max contract extension with Brook Lopez, and unless it's part of a sign-and-trade (which is unlikely) the deal would signify the end of Brooklyn's involvement in the Dwight sweepstakes. The Rockets, Hawks and Lakers may all still be angling for D-12, so stay tuned.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
"I do not have problem to be the third PG on the team. The season has 82 games and I have to be ready to play" - Prigioni, via @JulianMozo.

Thanks for getting these tweets up, dude.

I love that I can come here to find what I want instead of hunting it down. +1age.

The Nets are expected to either trade for Dwight Howard on Wednesday or move on, according to ESPN's Ric Bucher.
On a similar note, Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com quoted a source as saying, "It's all coming to a head," which he took to mean 'He's being dealt somewhere today.' The Nets are currently negotiating a max contract extension with Brook Lopez, and unless it's part of a sign-and-trade (which is unlikely) the deal would signify the end of Brooklyn's involvement in the Dwight sweepstakes. The Rockets, Hawks and Lakers may all still be angling for D-12, so stay tuned.

He's a Laker, I feel it. Scarey.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

nice find rep, I'm glad he has no issue being the 3rd string, from what iv'e seen i love his passing but im curious to see what his defense looks like.

Crazy⑧s;241376 said:
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

This will become an offseason staple.
:lol: the perfect Gif to use! Rep

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Crazy⑧s;241379 said:
Thanks for getting these tweets up, dude.

I love that I can come here to find what I want instead of hunting it down. +1age.

He's a Laker, I feel it. Scarey.

No problemo. :beer:

This offseason has been exciting, to say the least, and I just can't get enough Knicks news!!

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
In other Knicks-related news.......

Jonah Ballow ‏@jonahballow
The @nyknicks have officially James White, who was playing overseas for the past 3 seasons. He has 10gms of NBA experience.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
updates mmmm updates

The Nets are afraid that if they don't trade or extend Brook Lopez on Wednesday, he'll sign an offer sheet with the Trail Blazers, or possibly the Rockets.
The Blazers have cap space and incentive after the Pacers negated their offer sheet for Roy Hibbert. The Rockets might have cap space if Chicago matches their offer for Omer Asik, and they'd have even more incentive to scuttle the Nets' plans since they're conceivably still in the hunt for Dwight Howard. The bottom line is that Wednesday seems like D-Day for the Dwight drama.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
what another update?!?!

The Blazers and Bobcats are both reportedly ready to sign Brook Lopez to a four-year max offer sheet.
There is no shortage of suitors for Lopez and Billy King has to work quickly if he's going to get Dwight Howard on Wednesday. Once Lopez signs an offer sheet, he can no longer be traded. It really feels like the Howard situation is coming to a head on Wednesday afternoon, and King is probably wearing out his cell phone right now. The bottom line is that the Nets either have to sign-and-trade Lopez to Orlando today, or sign and keep him.

Source: Marc Stein on Twitter

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo said on Wednesday that Jose Calderon was not pleased that the team dealt for PG Kyle Lowry.
The Raptors love Lowry and it appears they plan on starting him this season, which would likely mean the Raptors plan on trading Calderon. Several teams are in need of a PG, so it shouldn't be that hard for them to move him.
Source: Eric Koreen on Twitter

Forrest17

Rotation player
Michael Grange@michaelgrange
Colangelo says #Knicks are "50-50" on matching Fields offer ... #Raptors #NBA

If we match that **** Im done. WTF are they thinking? This should be a no brainer.
If Dolan has no issue paying it then, who cares? We are so far over the cap that it is insane. And we will be for the next three years So, might as well lol

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Alan Hahn
It?s official: Knicks announce that Marcus Camby was acquired from Rockets in sign-and-trade for Toney Douglas, Josh Harrellson, Jerome Jordan and 2 future second round picks. It will be Camby's second stint with the Knicks. He played in New York from 1998-2002 and is fifth on the franchise all-time blocked shots list with 376.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
@Amareisreal: I'm working so hard to help bring a championship to NY. I'm willing to do whatever it takes 4 that 2 happen. #passion, #dedication #Knicks

Hmmmm....

portega1968

El Cacique

I already love this signing!!! He is a great teammate, has played on championship-caliber teams, extremely crafty, high BBall IQ and will also help Lin's development.

Pro career:
Won the Spanish Prince's Cup: (2002)
Led the Spanish ACB League in steals: (2003)
Won 3 Spanish King's Cups: (2004, 2006, 2009)
Won 4 Spanish Supercups: (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
Spanish King's Cup MVP: (2006)
2x All-Euroleague 2nd Team: (2006, 2007)
Led the Euroleague in assists: (2006)
3x Spanish ACB League's Best Point Guard: (2006, 2007, 2009)
Won the Spanish Championship: (2008)
Spanish Supercup MVP: (2008)

WeReady

Benchwarmer
just reported on sport center Dwight howard will not go to the brooklyn nets 4-team trade has fell apart expect him to go to the lakers

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
The Magic informed Dwight Howard that they are suspending trade talks, according to source. Orlando will now focus on their coaching search.