Looks like the old Vince Carter is back

johnstarky

Rotation player
After Magic fans were ready to run him out of Orlando he wins them over with a 48 point performance against the Hornets on national television.I know it's only one game but this could be a major confidence booster for Carter.While he struggled through the majority of the season people were wondering whether he still had anything left in him or not.And then he has the best game of his Magic Career.The Orlando Magic need him to perform at a high level if they're going to win a championship this season.

johnstarky

Rotation player
What's with the apathy? Knick fans should feel ecstatic that the Magic are having tremendous success.They might be the only team in the Eastern Conference who could prevent Lebron James from winning a championship this season.If Vince Carter continues to light up teams the way he lit up New Orleans the Magic will be back in the NBA finals.We need the Cavs to get eliminated in the playoffs in order for the Knicks to have a legitimate opportunity of signing the greatest basketball player in the world.Let's Go Magic!!!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I never really cared for Vince, but you're right about how he could stop the Cavs from winning. I personally want to see the Hawks beat out the Cavs in the Eastern Conference because they are the one top 4 East team that i can somewhat stand. (I hate the Celdicks and the Cavs)

johnstarky

Rotation player
I never really cared for Vince, but you're right about how he could stop the Cavs from winning. I personally want to see the Hawks beat out the Cavs in the Eastern Conference because they are the one top 4 East team that i can somewhat stand. (I hate the Celdicks and the Cavs)

It seems like Vince Carter came back down to earth against the Cleveland Cavaliers last night.He went 5 for 16 with only 14 points in a game in which the Orlando Magic nearly had in the bag.I was so high on Carter just a few days ago but I'm starting to wonder whether his 48 point performance was a mere fluke or the result of him playing against a less talented Hornets team.I think a lot of his poor play has to do with a lack of confidence on his part.He always seems like the player who tries extra hard to be the savior of his team.Whether he is throwing up 3 pointers from 40 ft away from the basket or whether he's committing costly turnovers down the stretch,it doesn't appear like he allows his natural ability to influence his level of confidence.He needs to take a bit of pressure off himself if he's going to help the Magic in the playoffs.But the only way that he can accomplish this is by working on his approach during the second half of the regular season.

Paul1355

All Star
Does everybody remember when the Nets were doing everything to ship Carter? I would rather have his bloated contract than these cheap bums.

Atleast Carter could take over games for us and be our main player in crunch time.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Does everybody remember when the Nets were doing everything to ship Carter? I would rather have his bloated contract than these cheap bums.

Atleast Carter could take over games for us and be our main player in crunch time.

We could of had Vince Carter for Jamal Crawford a few years ago but Isiah Thomas was reluctant to pull off that trade.

p0nder

Starter
problem with carter is he's injury prone. raptors fans endured years with him as the main focus feeling they had a chance to get into the playoffs and go deep but it never worked out and vince was always injured.

but i think you are seeing a resurgence from him, he followed a near tripple double with a 48 pt performance so i think he's stepping it up. he has the ability to be a great player.

clumsy

Rotation player
I think Charlotte can knock anyone off in the playoffs. They are a team that is built kinda weird cuz there is no star....it is basically a team of 2nd/3rd options very similar to the 99 knicks. focusing on D and having everyone with the ability to score but no one purely great at it (i think the 99 knicks were worse actually)

Captain Jack - Creator (not efficient), + great defender
Tyrus - Great post defender, decent offensive player
Gerald Wallace - Great defender, good offensive player
Ray Felton - creator
Nazr Mohammed - Tough D....not a good offensive player.

If Ilygauskus wants a ring he should go to Charlotte.

johnstarky

Rotation player
I think Charlotte can knock anyone off in the playoffs. They are a team that is built kinda weird cuz there is no star....it is basically a team of 2nd/3rd options very similar to the 99 knicks. focusing on D and having everyone with the ability to score but no one purely great at it (i think the 99 knicks were worse actually)

Captain Jack - Creator (not efficient), + great defender
Tyrus - Great post defender, decent offensive player
Gerald Wallace - Great defender, good offensive player
Ray Felton - creator
Nazr Mohammed - Tough D....not a good offensive player.

If Ilygauskus wants a ring he should go to Charlotte.

Charlotte has a decent team and a great coach in Larry Brown.I hope they finish the season with the 8th seed and do to Cleveland what Golden State did to Dallas in the 2007 playoffs.How nice would it be for Knick fans if the team in which Lebron James plays for got knocked out of the first round? The Bobcats, Magic, Nuggets and Celtics seem like the only teams in the NBA that would match up well with the Cavs in a best of seven series.