BREAKING NEWS: Knicks announce Donnie Walsh leaving as Knicks President

CA7

Scoring Champ
Isiah Thomas is not coming back, for next season Walsh will be a consultant. Could see D'Antoni leave for Golden State or Toronto gig, which would put us off the hook for his 11-12 contract.

So who would we get to replace Mike D'Antoni as Head Coach?
Do we go defense?

As for General Manager we could stay in house, Glen Grunwald. This is the same person whom drafted Chris Bosh for the Toronto Raptors. So maybe we have something to look forward too.

Just need to hope that Mike D gets lured away by another suspecting team.

Honestly I would kill for

HC- Phil Jackson
AC- Marc Jackson/Patrick Ewing
GM- Kevin Pritchard

Core Roster

Anthony-Stoudemire-Paul-Okafor(Big 4)

Shannon Brown-Anthony Morrow-Jerome Jordan-Matt Barnes-Kenyon Martin

Red

TYPE-A
Now what's this sh;t about Dolan trying to play Walsh by scoffing at his $5mil extension and offered him 40% less?

Then I'm hearing about Dolan b;tching about Walsh's interview in Jan with Lupica that caused them to bump heads, and forced Walsh to just hang up on Dolan.

After Dolan circumvented Walsh and tried many times I guess because he felt he was forced on him by Stern.

This soap-opera sh;t is for the birds. This n;gga Dolan can f*ck up a cup of coffee I swear.

Stop meddling and cut the ego sh;t you d;ck! Let the GM do wha he does, you don't know better and money doesn't equate to the years of experience Walsh had.

Sure he made mistakes you as an owner should have allowed that, not f*cked it up more by interferring.

This n;gga Dolan...smh?!?!

I'm a step away from jumping ship on this francise. I'm not mad, nor feel Donnie was the end all, but I'm realizing the Dolan factor and I don't appreciate it.

I'm putting 2 and 2 together with this dude. Being a d;ck is one thing, ruining my fan experience another.

Play your part fagg0t! Shell out the dough and keep it moving.

Marek

Benchwarmer
so i guess your saying walsh is lying by saying dolan gave him final say....if he is that weak.. then he should go....

Walsh is a classy old-school pro who will never reveal any problems that are going on behind the scenes. That goes for the Melo deal as well as these contract negotiations and subsequent break up.

I don't consider it lying. It's professionalism and PR sense.

It's why Walsh is so respected by his peers and NBA higher-ups.

KBlack25

Starter
I can sit here and talk about how if we can we should get Kevin Pritchard:

Guy made a mistake with the #1 overall pick, a pick that I bet any GM would have made. He got 0 from his #1 overall, and still built a team that is highly competitive every single year. Guy has skills.

That said, it doesn't matter who we hire if Dolan continues to meddle, and not let the GM do his job.

Marek

Benchwarmer
Great post right here dead on. I swear I am soooooo tired of hearing about what we "gave up" to get Melo. Denver got chased out of the playoffs just like we did.

I wasn't the biggest Walsh fan looking at coach/draft decisions and was disapointed with Amare. But the Melo trade elevated Walsh in my eyes and I am sorry he is leaving. He got us 2 elite players and cap room for a third. We should be competative for a long time. Thanks Donnie...

True, it's not worth harping on. The deal is done, and we move on with our new team, Melo and Amare.

It's only worth digging up now as an example of Dolan meddling in front office matters that he has no savvy with.

moneyg

Starter
Walsh is a classy old-school pro who will never reveal any problems that are going on behind the scenes. That goes for the Melo deal as well as these contract negotiations and subsequent break up.

I don't consider it lying. It's professionalism and PR sense.

It's why Walsh is so respected by his peers and NBA higher-ups.

walsh would of said "no comment" like he has always done....he is not a lyer.. can you tell me one time walsh has lied...thats why he is respected..,he would flat out say..."its none of ur business"

moneyg

Starter
I can sit here and talk about how if we can we should get Kevin Pritchard:

Guy made a mistake with the #1 overall pick, a pick that I bet any GM would have made. He got 0 from his #1 overall, and still built a team that is highly competitive every single year. Guy has skills.

That said, it doesn't matter who we hire if Dolan continues to meddle, and not let the GM do his job.

so whats the difference between dolan and cuban??? cuban doesnt meddle...of corse he does..because he is a smart business man...dolan has his flaws.,,,but all owners meddle...its just magnified in ny....steinbreener...meddled....

KingCharles34

All Star
shocked to see this

i think either H20 or chris mullin will get the job, i will boycott basketball as a whole if dolan brings isiah back :(

Where is James Dolans father? Does he have a brother or sister that might want to take control over the company? Cheeesh. I cant believe we cant get out from under this guy...

Marek

Benchwarmer
walsh would of said "no comment" like he has always done....he is not a lyer.. can you tell me one time walsh has lied...thats why he is respected..,he would flat out say..."its none of ur business"

In that situation, "no comment" is basically confirming the speculation.

Look, every Knicks reporter of any value states it as a given that Dolan stepped in and meddled with the Melo deal. Walsh is a good company man and will not give his boss that kind of heat in the media. If you want to say that makes him a liar, then fine.

so whats the difference between dolan and cuban??? cuban doesnt meddle...of corse he does..because he is a smart business man...dolan has his flaws.,,,but all owners meddle...its just magnified in ny....steinbreener...meddled....

The difference is wins. Dolan makes stupid decisions that blow up his GM's plans, or cripple the team, or make the franchise a laughing stock, and so on.

And a good owner wouldn't have panicked and called Kroenke to say "You can have whatever you want!"

jimkcchief88

All Star
Stalker alert!!! :alert:

Damn, Im gone a few weeks and make a few posts and all my stalkers come flying out of the shadows like I'm Justin Bieber and they are 12 year old girls...SMFH.

Don't flatter yourself I haven't posted for a few weeks either. But so called "grown man" putting himself in the same class as a teenage boy: CLASSIC!!!! That's ok TRILL, I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE REALLY A TEENAGE BOY LOL!!!

moneyg

Starter
In that situation, "no comment" is basically confirming the speculation.

Look, every Knicks reporter of any value states it as a given that Dolan stepped in and meddled with the Melo deal. Walsh is a good company man and will not give his boss that kind of heat in the media. If you want to say that makes him a liar, then fine.

The difference is wins. Dolan makes stupid decisions that blow up his GM's plans, or cripple the team, or make the franchise a laughing stock, and so on.

And a good owner wouldn't have panicked and called Kroenke to say "You can have whatever you want!"

the yankees have wins now... but they were awful for a while under steinbrenner...aight...

the point is all owners meddle..good teams ..bad teams...whatever...

so i guess u wouldnt of made the trade for melo???? becuz on mozgov...hilarious....

dolan was pretty livid in his comments about dolan did get involved but the decision was up to him.. go listen to the video.. he was pretty convincing....and i believe him .....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Phil Jackson had years and years of coaching before the NBA. He worked his ass up to where he is now.

My nickname for Mark Jackson is "Captain Obvious" when he does broadcasting. His specialty is to just repeat exactly what happens on the floor. He doesn't examine plays or talk about how things could have been drawn up differently. He just states the biggest and clearly obvious facts in as loud a voice as possible.

If he wants to coach, he should be an assistant first or work his way up from a crappy franchise. You just don't hand the reins over to a freshman coach when you have 2 established stars on your team.

Hands down, the only real good coach available is Rick Adelman. His teams always have a better record than anyone predicts and his guys play hard all the time.

But Phil had never been an NBA coach before the Bulls hired him and thats my point. Mark Jackson had a much more decorated NBA career than Phil did and that counts for something....

Marek

Benchwarmer
so i guess u wouldnt of made the trade for melo???? becuz on mozgov...hilarious....

I never said that.

I'm saying that Walsh may have been able to get Melo for cheaper.
I'm saying that Dolan stuck his nose into Walsh's plan, screwed things up a little, and Walsh didn't like it.

The deal is the deal, and I'm not complaining about Melo for Mozgov. My point is that Dolan is a joke of an owner. He doesn't just get involved...he meddles. There's a difference there.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I don't think there's anyway Isiah comes back. I think Dolan understands what a failure he was on all levels and also what the ramifications of bringing him back would be.