Lin withdrawing from select team

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Wonder if the whole "trade my best buddy for Nash who plays my spot" thing has gotten to him?

That was a good opportunity to learn a thing or 2 going in to next season.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Love to know what Lin's thinking right now.

Without trying to fall too hard in to a generalization, I bet his family are pushing him to take the most that's offered to help fund China's rise to exterminate the white race and take over the world. Book it.

Crazy⑧s;239055 said:

Without trying to fall too hard in to a generalization, I bet his family are pushing him to take the most that's offered to help fund China's rise to exterminate the white race and take over the world. Book it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Crazy⑧s;239055 said:

Tom_Cruise_crazy_laugh.gif

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Good keep Lin away from any basketball action until the season starts, wouldn't want him to suffer some kind of next injury, Anthony Davis already got injured and had to withdraw from team USA.

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
This is clearly the agent keeping Lin's financial interests in mind (not worth the injury risk before the contract is signed).

Here's the important conclusion to draw from this tho: Lin's contract won't be finished soon. Keep in mind the Olympics aren't for a month.

Also, it seems pretty evident that we will have to overpay for him, since the contract will reflect not just his abilities on the court, but also his revenue value in merchandising, tickets, TV rights, etc. Bottom line is it seems like it will be a long, taxing process, and keeping him will be a luxury.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Withdrawal

There is always the risk of an injury that could substantially impact a potential $24M contract with the Knicks or perhaps a backloaded contract with the the Raptors approaching $40M. Then again, is he concerned that he will not look good in that very talented company?

It is the safe thing to do, but also a little bit cowardly.

CoolClyde

With all this bullsh*t on his mind, no wonder he withdrew. he's gotta watch his back and get ready to pack his bags for Toronto.

Lin's got a new agent who's going for the best money he can get. If Toronto loses out on Nash, especially to the Knicks, you can only assume that Canadian poison pill offer's going come along. mo money. mo money. Knicks trading Laundry Folds and friends for one of the NBA's best PG's, how's that make him feel? just when he thought he'd have a chance at being #1, the Knicks will throw Linsanity down the drain to get Nash for 1 year, maybe 2.

more wait and see from the Knicks to see what the market offers Lin (and Novak.)
wait and see if some player from Greece will ever make it over here.
wait and see if Amare will be worth $20M/year compared to other players.
wait and see if Dolan can blow up this team again.
:2cents:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Crazy⑧s;239055 said:

Highly unlikely, since his family is from Taiwan. It's far more likely that his family gets him the highest deal so that they can help protect Taiwan from the communists.

In all seriousness, this is probably good news. We all know that Lin is working on his game like crazy since that's the kind of guy he is, so who cares about whether or not he plays international ball.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I mean hey it is a business at the end of the day but this kid has a lot of bitch in him

Kiyaman

Legend
Sad Shiiiat

Crazy⑧s;239055 said:

Damn! thats some wrong shiiat to write....Crazy
Lin havin such a large popularity from his peeps is a goodthang that
we all wish we had.

The first three weeks of July, happen to be Jeremy Lin's future $$$....
bussiness before pleasure of chillin with the select team....
we are talking 6 or 4 year contract negotiation at $4M to $8M per....
also several long endorsment plans starting at $2M per as soon as Lin
sign a contract to a NBA team.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
It's good he's withdrawing, Select Team is a joke anyway. I don't see how he could benefit playing with bums like John Wall, whose ass he absolutely tore up, he got in that ass.

It's better he rest instead of wasting time ****ing around on some team that no one cares about. Who cares about the Select Team? No one.

Rest up Jeremy Lin and get that paper!

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
There is always the risk of an injury that could substantially impact a potential $24M contract with the Knicks or perhaps a backloaded contract with the the Raptors approaching $40M. Then again, is he concerned that he will not look good in that very talented company?

It is the safe thing to do, but also a little bit cowardly.
this

the same reason why people after a while started to question whether or not he could've given us something during the playoffs but backed down in order not to hurt his stock vs Miami

what would reports of him getting owned vs other Olympians do to his market value?

I'm slowly starting to question his competitiveness and confidence afrter these past few months

NyCzero

Rookie
It is against the rules to play for the U.S.A. Select team while being a FA. It has nothing to do with Lin not wanting to play. The fact that he isn't on a NBA team is what made him withdraw against his own wishes from the team. If Dolan offered him a decent contract from the get go, playing on the Select team would've been another motivation for Lin the resign quick. By Dolan letting time pass and giving other teams a chance to set the price for Jeremy Lin, he is hurting his own wallet because now it is being exposed that Lin is going to be paid much more than what was expected. By giving him an early contract, no one would've or could've guess how much his worth would go up to.