Put The Italian Stallion To Sleep -- dump Gallo

iSaYughh

Starter
The mismanagement of our FA campaign from a draft and media management looms large, over the backdrop of:

Walsh getting posterized by Chicago, and the Riley salivating at the looming opportunities for the Heat to join in on the fun.

Times have changed.

It's time to dump Gallo.

Even if we don't get back an asset as I'm about to detail, this is probably our best bet. I think we could get the financials to work for one of the following teams ill reference, but if not, simply getting back nada is fine.

Gallo + the guard we just took (4am and I'm tired) + Curry for Collison. Could consider Rubio/Flunn, depending on whether Kahn took his meds.

Collison is expendable with CP3 and their desire to get him to stay. Gallinari is a huge asset in immediately beefing up their team for a big run and longterm wingman for Paul. Curry gives them a trading asset this coming yr for more possibilities, and worst-case, he is coming off the books for any team regardless in 1yr.

We re-posterize Chicago and every other team gunning for Offseason 2010, offering FA's simple scenarios:

Collison-Douglas
Gay-Walker
Lebron-Chandler
Lee-TyrusT
Barron-Jordan

Just assuming we dump The Italian and Curry, we still find ourselves offering the best team for Lebron (and every other major FA):

Douglas
JoeJohnson-Walker
Lebron-Chandler
Lee-TyrusT
Barron-Jordan

No matter what, we dump Curry these dream scenarios are an imminent reality. Sending Gallo packing and we can prolly get her done.

Not to mention we let Bron play his best and most proven position without trouble.

Walshd'ant were badly outclassed and outmaneuvered (again). We're praying for a pity **** from Lebron at this point if we don't power move ourselves back into serious power for owning Offseason 2010.

Apparently that's Walsh's Master Plan and why we did what we did the past 2yrs, so...

Paul1355

All Star
We will never trade Gallo...the only thing I regret is passing up on Brook Lopez for him.

Put Gallo with a good PG and a big man who can draw defenders down low in the post would give Gallo so many easy shots. He is 21 and averaged 15 ppg on a crappy team, He will be very good with experience.

You judge too quickly.

I know he had some really bad games, but NY put too much pressure on this kid. Our team sucked and he was supopse to be our savior and only showed flashes of it. Mike D even put too much pressure on him saying he is the best shooter he has ever seen. Little things like that make a huge negative impact.

Don't worry about Gallo, you should worry that Chandler has gotten hurt the past two off seasons so he has not even improved his game in two years!

Kiyaman

Legend
We will never trade Gallo...the only thing I regret is passing up on Brook Lopez for him.

Put Gallo with a good PG and a big man who can draw defenders down low in the post would give Gallo so many easy shots. He is 21 and averaged 15 ppg on a crappy team, He will be very good with experience.

You judge too quickly.

I know he had some really bad games, but NY put too much pressure on this kid. Our team sucked and he was supopse to be our savior and only showed flashes of it. Mike D even put too much pressure on him saying he is the best shooter he has ever seen. Little things like that make a huge negative impact.

Don't worry about Gallo, you should worry that Chandler has gotten hurt the past two off seasons so he has not even improved his game in two years!

Keep Gallo but FIRE Damntoni.
And Gallo need two bigmen (PF & Center) in a lineup to be a 6.10 SF threat to any oponent.
Gallo is a bench player on the Knicks and a spot-up SF bench player for the Hornets "CP3 & Peja". I dont see Gallo breaking into the starting lineup his first season with CP3. However, Wilson Chandler would make the starting lineup the day he is traded to the Hornets. Big difference!

Each offseason Wilson Chandler keep showing how much he LUV being a Knick. His first two offseasons Chandler was the star attraction first option on our summer league team.
Chandler's 3rd & 4th offseason he chose to have minor surgery to stop any trade transaction with him included.
I'm betting my last dollar that Wilson Chandler have a break-out 2010-11 season with no injuries his 5th (FA) offseason in the NBA.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
The only way you trade Gallo is if you get back a perennial All-Star...Paul, D.Williams, Carmelo...You trade him for anyone else, and your screwing this franchise for another decade.

phantom9000

Benchwarmer
The mismanagement of our FA campaign from a draft and media management looms large, over the backdrop of:

Walsh getting posterized by Chicago, and the Riley salivating at the looming opportunities for the Heat to join in on the fun.

Times have changed.

It's time to dump Gallo.

Even if we don't get back an asset as I'm about to detail, this is probably our best bet. I think we could get the financials to work for one of the following teams ill reference, but if not, simply getting back nada is fine.

Gallo + the guard we just took (4am and I'm tired) + Curry for Collison. Could consider Rubio/Flunn, depending on whether Kahn took his meds.

Collison is expendable with CP3 and their desire to get him to stay. Gallinari is a huge asset in immediately beefing up their team for a big run and longterm wingman for Paul. Curry gives them a trading asset this coming yr for more possibilities, and worst-case, he is coming off the books for any team regardless in 1yr.

We re-posterize Chicago and every other team gunning for Offseason 2010, offering FA's simple scenarios:

Collison-Douglas
Gay-Walker
Lebron-Chandler
Lee-TyrusT
Barron-Jordan

Just assuming we dump The Italian and Curry, we still find ourselves offering the best team for Lebron (and every other major FA):

Douglas
JoeJohnson-Walker
Lebron-Chandler
Lee-TyrusT
Barron-Jordan

No matter what, we dump Curry these dream scenarios are an imminent reality. Sending Gallo packing and we can prolly get her done.

Not to mention we let Bron play his best and most proven position without trouble.

Walshd'ant were badly outclassed and outmaneuvered (again). We're praying for a pity **** from Lebron at this point if we don't power move ourselves back into serious power for owning Offseason 2010.

Apparently that's Walsh's Master Plan and why we did what we did the past 2yrs, so...
are u really that retarded or are u just joking

clumsy

Rotation player
Fire D'Antoni, keep Gallo, sign Rudy Gay, and sign Yao Ming next year and it would be a wrap. If you surrounded those 3 with defensive role players it could go much farther than the rockets team.

oh yah we would also need to tell the chinese governmetn to go f themeselve sand let Yao rest in the off season.

Blumatic

Rotation player
We CANNOT dump Gallo. He is a player superstars salivate to have on their team. Who else in the NBA can shoot like that and making the money he's making now. He is such a bargain right now.

The Knicks have duped everyone the should have dump. With Curry I know they tried.

Let me tell you something if Lebron and Bosh come here, Gallo will be our best clutch shoot over the aforementioned superstars.

CoolClyde

D'amntoni Loves The Big Cock

D'amntoni's entire regime is based on drafting/playing/keeping Gallo, he will never be traded while Mike No-D is Knick coach. get it out of your head.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Gallinari

Walsh has presided over three drafts now, two of which included early first round picks. The choice of Jordan Hill over Jennings when there was a dire need for a point guard was a major mistake that Walsh will never live down. By dumping Hill in a salary purge and in the process downgrading or eliminating first round picks next year and the year after, there is no way Walsh is going to give up on Gallinari. No matter what one thinks of Gallo's talents, he will be kept.

iSaYughh

Starter
D'Walsh is Plan 2010. It's his "masterpiece".

I don't believe in half-measures. And certainly not when you sacrifice 2yrs (and future considerations) all for one thing.

Plan 2010 is becoming more n more like a 2010 lb piece of shit.

Execution has been mediocre and trumped by other teams' executive teams.

I know the above scenario won't ever happen with D'ant-Walsh.

They have already demonstrated irrefutable weakness, and zero ability to go for the kill and be creative in the process.

Maybe we are fortunate and things work out; not out of the question.

But you're kidding yourself if, just from a purely strategic standpoint, you wouldn't rather be able to sign a combo like Lebron-Johnson-Lee-Tyrus, vs our current predicament, minus Gallo.

Because that's what we are in. A predicament.

A solution besides praying and groveling while competitors perfect their sales pitch and completive edge would be nice.

It's crystal clear with the recent moves that its a game of maneuvering to offer the most talent/opportunity. Winner gets their pickS of the litter.

We can go a different direction and sit with Gallo & Co., but it's a lesser, half-measure given the direction Walsh'Toni have taken, and we really should have just kept The Giraffe in all likelihood.

Paul1355

All Star
honestly i dont want to waste our 6th pick (Gallo) when we wasted our 8th pick(Jordan Hill) because of Jared Jeffries.

I'm sorry, I didn't read the first post of this thread because I was appalled by the title. How can you trade the most important aspect of our team right now? I mean, if we're going to get top talent, yeah sure we'll trade him, but we're not going to. Gallinari is a talented player, and will be even better with time to come. I think Paul1355 said it best: you judge too quickly.

rfbaboy

Rookie

You judge too quickly.

Hopefully Douglas develops into become a good PG. I like his defense and he can score if need be. If he becomes a better distributor he can be a good PG for our team.

Galo hopefully will develop into Peja 2.0 if not probably better.

Yeah, as long as Dantoni is the coach, theres no way in hell the Knicks will trade Galo. Hes the prototypical SF to play in Dantoni's system.

Having said that instead of trying to get Lebron, I hope the Knicks can convince Amare to sign with us. He's familiar with the system and can be a beast with our line up.

If we get Jordan, we have a center that can swing out and knocks shots from 15 feet away. We have a plethora of shooters to stretch the floor which will give Amare plenty of 1 on 1 and a lot of space to work with in the paint.

If we can convince Amare to sign with us for 2010 and be competitive, although we may not be able to get Lebron, we may be able to pry Melo out of Denver.

This will also give us time to get quality role players like a garbage man that wouldn't mind doing the dirty work and a lock down defender to guard guys like Kobe and Lebron.

Imagine 2011 line up:

Douglas
Melo
Galo
Amare
Jordan

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
While I like Gallo - if you can get a healthy Chris Paul, you trade ANYTHING YOU HAVE.

That being said I don't think it's realistic.

With regards to the above post, that'd be an awesome plan - the only thing more awesome than getting LeBron would be waiting a year (sign Amare and Joe Johnson to like 13 mil/year contracts) and signing Carmelo Anthony so we can **** LeBron in the ass and send his cocky ass self and the Chicago Bulls back to the SECOND city

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
wow just wow i hope u did this thread 2 get attention just like females like 2 ...:thumbsup:

1 who in the hell will trade him when mike is still coaching.....

2 danilo is da only player on the knicks roster that got that fire u see it in his eyes .... vs melo . ... didn't give a f*ck about kevin gar .... when they played @ the garden .

3 u add da rest

p.s free agents will come cuz of gallo .. not 4 chandler,eddy,td ect

what galo is the only thing we have on our roster and hes only gettin better we already shiped jordan hill without givin him a chance now yu wanna ship galo if knicks do this i will no longer be a nba fan im sick of this team makein dumb moves while every team get better