What's the latest on Baron Davis?

finestrg

Rotation player
Anyone know the scoop? Last I had heard, he was about a week away after experiencing a minor setback that D'Antoni said wasn't really injury related --I though his debut was pushed back about a week from either the Houston or Detroit game... Now last night on the TNT telecast, Miller and Kevin Harlan mentioned that he's gone "from day to day to week to week." Anyone else hear that? I miss something? Did something happen?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
according to dantoni he doesn't have his "pop back yet" theres no scheduled date for his return but there saying next week he should make his debut, then again they said that last week to.

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Actually nobody knows, D'Antoni said there is no timetable and he doesn't know whether BD will be ready within days, weeks or months. However, there were media reports indicating he'll be ready to play next week at earliest.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this season we still have a dumb head coach, no rhythm, no guards, no shooters, no consistency and the games are coming at us like a freight train

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this season we still have a dumb head coach, no rhythm, no guards, no shooters, no consistency and the games are coming at us like a freight train

Yeah, this season is pretty much a write-off.

The comparison to 99 cannot be made imo, because in 99 we actually had the personell, they were just underperforming and figuring each other out.
While the latter is true for this year, we just don't have the personell.

Our backcourt is the worst in the league right now, hands down. Baron Davis could change that, but we're one third into the season and he hasn't played yet, all we keep hearing is brave talk that he might be back in a few days, weeks or another month....without Baron this team has no PG and only one SG.

You can't make a run with a guard rotation of Shumpert, Douglas, Bibby, Bill Walker and Lin.

Fields has been good lately, but he remains a question mark too come Playoff time (Boston series last year).

How are we supposed to achieve anything without a backcourt? No frontcourt in the world can win games on their own.

The Chicago game was a good example for that, Stoudemire had his best game of the season, Melo had a decent game, Chandler had another good game (the norm for him) and we still lost.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Yeah, this season is pretty much a write-off.

The comparison to 99 cannot be made imo, because in 99 we actually had the personell, they were just underperforming and figuring each other out.
While the latter is true for this year, we just don't have the personell.

Our backcourt is the worst in the league right now, hands down. Baron Davis could change that, but we're one third into the season and he hasn't played yet, all we keep hearing is brave talk that he might be back in a few days, weeks or another month....without Baron this team has no PG and only one SG.

You can't make a run with a guard rotation of Shumpert, Douglas, Bibby, Bill Walker and Lin.

Fields has been good lately, but he remains a question mark too come Playoff time (Boston series last year).

How are we supposed to achieve anything without a backcourt? No frontcourt in the world can win games on their own.

The Chicago game was a good example for that, Stoudemire had his best game of the season, Melo had a decent game, Chandler had another good game (the norm for him) and we still lost.

we just really need some big changes, we need guards bad and whole new coaching staff and front office

They said he was week to week yesterday so I doubt he's going to be ready anytime soon this is starting to get really bad because he was suppose to be back by the end of Jan.

They said he was week to week yesterday so I doubt he's going to be ready anytime soon this is starting to get really bad because he was suppose to be back by the end of Jan.

I'd laugh my ass of if he was quitting this team after the All-Star game, without ever playing for the Knicks :teeth:

He might say to himself: 'What am I wasting myself for here in New York, they're not going to make the PLayoffs - I'd better join Miami or the Lakers, they need a PG and they're in the Playoffs'.

Knicks cut Baron Davis

This headline wouldn't surprise me st this point.

Then a week later the papers read:

Baron Davis signs with Miami

Baron will say: ' I was ready to play for the Knicks, we wanted to achieve great things and I worked hard to get back in shape, but they were holding me back and I never got a fair chance. I feel healthy now for quite some time and I want to play. The Heat gave me the chance and all I think about right now is winning a championship in Miami.'

Kelenna Azubuike has a better chance of showing up tomorrow.

Good point, why didn't we give him a chance?

He was a very decent 2-guard in Golden State, a good starter or 6th man for us.

I understand he had a torn pathella-tendon, but that's not a career ending injury for a young pro athlete......

a wasted opportunity by the Knicks, just like Corey Brewer and maybe even Anthony Randolph.

Good point, why didn't we give him a chance?
We never gave up on hism. Dude just NEVER got healthy last season. He even had to get another surgery to fix his first one, apparently the doctors put his knee back together wrong.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....ke-to-have-knee-surgery-to-fix-first-surgery/

Sucks though. He was the best player we got from the Lee deal imo. He would have been awesome on this team if he was healthy. One of the biggest disappointments of last season.

We never gave up on hism. Dude just NEVER got healthy last season. He even had to get another surgery to fix his first one, apparently the doctors put his knee back together wrong.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....ke-to-have-knee-surgery-to-fix-first-surgery/

Sucks though. He was the best player we got from the Lee deal imo. He would have been awesome on this team if he was healthy. One of the biggest disappointments of last season.

Yeah....last season and especially this seasn where we have no depth at all in the backcourt. He looked like a 'good-guy version' of J.R. Smith that one year in Golden State. He had great potential and work ethic......a shame they ****ed up his surgery....should have ****ed up STAT's micro fracture surgery instead so we wouldn't have to spend $20 million a year on that man.....:cool: