What could be done with $40 Million of STAT and Melo salaries?

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Think about it, without these 2 players we would have an avg of $40 million in free cap space.... which could bring in a whole lot of talent, and a deep solid bench.

Would it be a good idea to maybe bring in 3-4 solid players to round out the roster, and dump these two overpaid players ?(even though I really like STAT over Melo).

Opinions.. ?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Melo stays....im not thrilled with F'in up our former roaster to get carmelo only to dump him for some pieces, thats poor management and would make this franchise look like a joke not only that we would have a hard time bringing in other guys.

Dump Stat for some solid pieces if your going to dump anyone, that is if you can get anything for him. He's about to be 30 soon, uninsured 100 mill contract, bad knees and not exactly playing incredible basketball, if anything he would be the one to have to go. if any team is willing to bite the bait.

but i would like to see how this team plays when were all healthy with Lin & baron running the point for us. They have the potential to make some noise in the playoffs if all are healthy.

what we really need is more guys that can create there own shot.

metrocard

Legend
Trade 1

Josh Smith
Kirk Hinrich

for

Amare Stoudimire
Toney Douglas

Why ATL does it? Stoudimire and Johnson always had great chemistry.

Why NY does? Smith is a better defender and passer than Amare, also younger with a cheaper contract...fits better with Melo and Chandler. Hinrich can be a legit back up PG/SG.

skisloper

Starter
Lets play out the season for sure.
Lets see...
Melo or Walker
Amare or Jeffries.

We will only get better when they are back do not think otherwise..
Now we have solidified our bench with
Shump
Jeffires
Novak
Josh
Davis..

Then...TD, Jordan, Balkman and Walker...

LIN's jump to our starting PG as put all our other pieces in the positions they belong.

Lin is a smart dude with a high Basketball IQ....Shump and Fields will absorb and get better....

ITS LIKE WE HIT THE LOTTERY WITH LIN.....its puts all the oegs in their right spaces...

and if Melo does not workout in this system....Trade him for Lee and Curry .

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
What we need is more useless threads
Not exactly a useless thread, its a thought that hasn't been brought up recently whats useless is all these Dantoni, and Lin threads yeah Lins playing amazing right now but CMON it feels like a marathon with all these threads regarding him. I aint even mad i know everyones excited about him including myself, the kid deserves it i hope this simmers down at some point though.

Im not going to suck his asian balls, and make a million threads over Lin the appreciation thread and official Jermey Lin threads are good enough

Last edited:
1kwigylq.jpg

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Trade 1

Josh Smith
Kirk Hinrich

for

Amare Stoudimire
Toney Douglas

Why NY does? Smith is a better defender and passer than Amare, also younger with a cheaper contract...fits better with Melo and Chandler. Hinrich can be a legit back up PG/SG.
Not bad at all, Smith&chandler down low = non stop rebounds, continuously attacking the boards. Smith can also spread the floor as far out as to the 3 point line. we would most def be LOB CITY 2.0 with that front court. then we get Hinrich as backup who can play pg/sg like you stated, he's also a nice defender. Jerome should be thrown in the deal to they need more help in their front court.

Hawks
joe,johnson, amare, horford not bad at all either plus horford can spread the floor giving amare more room for isolation. win, win deal

Not bad at all, Smith&chandler down low = non stop rebounds, continuously attacking the boards. Smith can also spread the floor as far out as to the 3 point line. we would most def be LOB CITY 2.0 with that front court. then we get Hinrich as backup who can play pg/sg like you stated, he's also a nice defender. Jerome should be thrown in the deal to they need more help in their front court.

Hawks
joe,johnson, amare, horford not bad at all either plus horford can spread the floor giving amare more room for isolation. win, win deal
Yeah and you make the Hawks an elite team with a Teague-Amare combo. very dumb. Im 100% opposed to trading Amare right now unless it was for Dwight or an extremely good package of young players like if we weere going to Denver someone. Amare is going to be a beast now that he has someone who can operate the P&R like Lin

portega1968

El Cacique
$40 million can help feed a lot of hungry kids

meanwhile, let's use that money to pay our two stars who are committed to ending the NBA championship drought for NYC. These two guys love the Knicks and earned their money... so why are we so ungrateful and go talking about getting rid of them?

this is just another version of a senseless trade ideas thread.

Personally, I can't wait to see Amare and Tyson feeding on Lin's penetrations (NO HOMO), with Melo becoming clutch in key situations. We have a great team now.. why do some people want to spoil it?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Yeah and you make the Hawks an elite team with a Teague-Amare combo. very dumb. Im 100% opposed to trading Amare right now unless it was for Dwight or an extremely good package of young players like if we weere going to Denver someone. Amare is going to be a beast now that he has someone who can operate the P&R like Lin
as much as id love dwight howard were not getting him for stat or an extremely good package of young players at that. the SIXERS loaded with young talent offered us what Turner + picks for stat. The only way we would get anything useful for stat, is if Lin can make him look like the OLD stat we knew before the trade deadline. Nobody wants to touch his contract unless they see Stat as a final piece for them to contend or they simply want a Star in their city.

As for the hawks yes they would be an elite team, but right now were not even an elite team. Were a below 500 team you do whatever it takes to improve your team a trade for josh smith, hinrich not only makes us better but brings more ball movement and spreads the floor for us better melo/stat tandem does not work on consistent basis. Actually it rarely works at all ive never seen these two coexist vs Elite teams. what i have seen is ball hogging and alot of Iso. the stat/melo tandem shows some chemistry between the 2 at times when we play 5hitty teams.

maybe it was because of no PG who knows. but stats Lack of defense, rebounding, and passing also hurts us alot.

-Josh smith is what 26 years old, rebounds, defends, hustles, likes to run, shooting range extends to the 3 point line, less of a injury to worry about. he's exactly the kind of guy you want playing next to melo and chandler as well as a key player to our future in the long run he's only going to get better he's 26 in his prime. Stat is 29 or 30 i forget how old dude is but he looks like he's declining already.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
the first thing i'd do with $40 mil is pay someone to moderate the boards so we can stop hearing about getting rid of two of the best players on the planet.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
$40 million can help feed a lot of hungry kids

meanwhile, let's use that money to pay our two stars who are committed to ending the NBA championship drought for NYC. These two guys love the Knicks and earned their money... so why are we so ungrateful and go talking about getting rid of them?

this is just another version of a senseless trade ideas thread.

Personally, I can't wait to see Amare and Tyson feeding on Lin's penetrations (NO HOMO), with Melo becoming clutch in key situations. We have a great team now.. why do some people want to spoil it?
Stat earned a 100 mill contract? loll Stat preferred destination was never New York he stated he would like to be resigned in phoenix but they didn't offer him the money he wanted. He came to New york because were the only jack-asses to offer him 100Mill, he came with the idea of bringing a championship here because when your a big name like Amare in the big Apple thats the kind of things the FANS would like to here and motivates the team. If he willingly wanted to come to NYC maybe id give him some breathing room, but it was clearly a $$$$$ decision. other wise he would of went to OKC when he was FA or some other team who's in shape to contend and win now. i Do respect he put the team on his back and carried us last season though thats about it.

With melo here he looks lazy as $hit and not playing worthy of the money we gave him.

as far as the Lin/stat/chandler show thats going to be exciting to watch. stat should click with Lin like Chandler has, a PG similar to Nash is probably what will get Stat going but still not worth no 100 mill

at the end of the day neither Stat/melo will probably be traded, this could of been posted in the trade thread but oh well not a big deal i guess.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Trade 1

Josh Smith
Kirk Hinrich

for

Amare Stoudimire
Toney Douglas

I like this deal, Hinrich is the gullyest white dude ever....he gets it in

iSaYughh

Starter
Not a big fan of Josh Smith. I know he brings defense and stuff, but his bad shooting plus chucking could be bad.

Ya, you're right -- he's a bit of a chucker, considering how weak his shot is. His decision making can be maddening.

He seems to have gotten better this season, though. But man, if he ever played up to the potential of his game...

Such a gifted athlete, defender, and passer nonetheless.

The guy can legit put up lines of 20pts, 5blocks, 5steals, 5assists in a single game while flying around the court. Sick f'ing athlete.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We can lay in the bed Dolan made for us.

Endure the next 3+ years regardless of their outcome.

Amar'e is borderline immovable. Uninsured contract with a resum? of debilitating injuries and an expiring timer on his athleticism. I believe that any proposal for Amar'e would be a see-saw trade in which we soak up another unwanted contract.

Carmelo is Dolan's doing, and the likelihood of him admitting his lapse by trading Melo is a flying pigs situation.

This organization will see very little roster movement throughout the duration of STAT & Melo's tenure.

If there were anything we could do with the approximate $40M these 2 collectively 'earn' for the foreseeable future, we could demand they restructure their contracts and give back that which they can't as players. -10% per season each to add to the pockets of Lin and Fields.

Don't really know why I bothered saying it, but that's what I'd like to see.

For now, however, we weather the metaphoric storm.

There is still a lot of hope left within this roster and organization, but it seems to have been teetering on the brink since opening night's epic win.

Posting from iPhones sux choad.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I like this team. Get rid of Antoni, and the Knicks will be championship contenders next year.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;204422 said:
If there were anything we could do with the approximate $40M these 2 collectively 'earn' for the foreseeable future, we could demand they restructure their contracts and give back that which they can't as players. -10% per season each to add to the pockets of Lin and Fields.

Agreed... I said in some other post, its not like they'll go hungry... so they wont make 100MIL, theyll make 90.. big whoop