Knicks Sign Sun Yue

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
The Knicks, searching for more size in the backcourt, have signed Sun Yue, a 6-foot-9 point guard, to a partly guaranteed contract, his agent, Charles Bonsignore, said. Sun spent last season as a reserve for the Los Angeles Lakers, who drafted him in the second round in 2007. The Knicks signed two other players to partly guaranteed deals: point guard Gabe Pruitt, who spent the last two seasons with Boston; and forward Warren Carter, who played overseas the last two years. All three will be invited to training camp, which begins Sept. 29 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/s...tsbriefs-knicks.html?_r=2&partner=rss&emc=rss

I like this signing to be honest. A 6'9 point gaurd who can play multiple postions.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
just another body for training camp.... I saw this guy in china during the olympics and he was decent but wayyyYYYYYY far from being NBA ready.... In LA i'm sure he was the locker room b*tch.

tiger0330

Legend
What is it with Walsh, his signings make no sense. Sun Yue is a scrub, he's not fast enough to play PG and not strong enough to play a wing. He depends on that outside shot, but if you pressure him, his percentage goes down. Only reason you sign him is to get those Chinese sponsor deals and attract more Chinese fans, Yi is making a fortune for the Nets.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
I think we should give this a kid a shot cause if he becomes a decent player he will create a lot of pg mis matches and i think thats good.

GetRealistic

Starter
It's just a training camp move... if it works out and he can contribute its a major plus... If he doesn't do anything and we cut him after camp it also doesn't hurt at all.

Its no risk high reward situation...

honey230

Rookie
So I guess Morris Almond will not get a camp invite as well as Joe Crawford? I would have liked to see Morris Almond. He shot really well in the summer league and showed he can do more than shoot, like defend.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
I hope he makes the team. I'm so sick of seeing the same type of players over and over again. I think this guy can bring something different, atleast a different kind of suck.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
This is kind of weird. No joke last night I was on his Wikipedia page for no real reason...and now he is a Knick....going to look up Ricky Rubio and LeBron James tonight. ;0

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Sun Yue

If he was good enough to sit at the end of the Laker bench, he is good enough to sit at the end of our bench.

Although Dirk was being sarcastic about Yue being the piece of the puzzle that will land King James, it will not hurt. Things are happening in China and basketball is big. King James wants more than center stage in New York. A connection with his team and China will not hurt LeBron's image worldwide.

portega1968

El Cacique
I like this signing... I wanna see Mike Dantoni take advantage of this kid's skills... this can be the steal of the offseason.

and if it goes nowhere, we aint losing much, so its worth the risk.

CoolClyde

brother of sun yue

hmmm..world champ Lakers hardly played Sun Yue whatsoever,
a sure sign for the Knicks to snap him up... go China!
we'd be better off signing his brother, Fuk.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
hmmm..world champ Lakers hardly played Sun Yue whatsoever,
a sure sign for the Knicks to snap him up... go China!
we'd be better off signing his brother, Fuk.

Hahahahaha yes, I wish we had a player named that, then even a bad loss would be more tolerable when we could sub in Fuk Yue for the last few minutes of garbage time!