Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks

tiger0330

Legend
Crazy⑧s;242589 said:
Are there Chinese investors involved with the Rockets? Could be a factor. I know Yao Ming is still intertwined with the franchise, and has undoubtedly been in Lin's ear.
Les Alexander owns the team outright but he has got a ton of Asian connections from the Yao years. I am sure the Asian money had a lot to do with them signing Lin, Lin will make more money for the Rockets than Lin would earn for the Knicks if he plays as well as he did during Linsanity.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Les Alexander owns the team outright but he has got a ton of Asian connections from the Yao years. I am sure the Asian money had a lot to do with them signing Lin, Lin will make more money for the Rockets than Lin would earn for the Knicks if he plays as well as he did during Linsanity.

Those communist bastards! JOKING! :lol:

clumsy

Rotation player
I think Felton isn't gonna average what he did in the MDA years. Without Lin i see him doing 10 and 6 which is pretty solid. Felton is a league average point guard and probably at steal for 3 million a year. I think if we still need to resign Lin also...just gives another look to our team.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If he shows up to camp ready to play, 10 and 6 sounds reasonable for him.

I anticipate this team having a ton of chemistry issues, though. Why did they re-sign JR Smith, again?

wynton

Rookie
I expect Felton to be barely serviceable. He'll play average defensively, get 5-6 assists a game, score about 12 pts a game, and basically stay out of everyone's way, running a pretty unimaginative, iso-oriented offense.

I expect about 13-14 pts & 7-8 assists for Felton, about what I would have expected out of Lin next season. Production wise I don't think we'll lose all that much, but excitement wise there's just no comparison.

BINGO. We already know this season is gonna be 60% iso-melo ball so there's no really point in having a PG with such a large contract. Hopefully he can get back the pick&roll/pick&pop game w/ Amare cuz that worked pretty well a couple years back.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
i expect felton to avg 9pts and 13 ast with the knicks. cuz the knicks know how to find gems in the rough. we're goin to get a nash type player for a cj watson type salary. GO KNICKS

Lin average 14.6 points and 6.2 assist for the Knicks. Raymond Average 17.1 points and 9.0 assist per game as a Knick, plays better defense and has developed chemistry with Amare. Plus the fact that he wants to play here is a motivator. I wouldn?t count his production as a Blazer and Nugget?he didn?t want to be at any of those places. Felton under Woodson?s control is only going to make him and the team better.

clumsy

Rotation player
Lin average 14.6 points and 6.2 assist for the Knicks. Raymond Average 17.1 points and 9.0 assist per game as a Knick, plays better defense and has developed chemistry with Amare. Plus the fact that he wants to play here is a motivator. I wouldn’t count his production as a Blazer and Nugget…he didn’t want to be at any of those places. Felton under Woodson’s control is only going to make him and the team better.

That's just an ignorant statement. They played under different circumstances. Felton was playing an uptempo system without a ball dominant scorer like Carmelo.

Everyones assists drop when playing with Melo. To me Felton is average in all PG skills. He's nothing special, but he's not bad either. I think it's more than fine having Felton when the offense should go through Melo on this team.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Felton understood the magnitude of playing in NYC the first time and i'm positive he will respect that again. I could care less what he did with DEN/POR because it always looked like that trade shook him up a bit. We've already seen what he can do when he's motivated and in a comfortable setting. Felton's stats were actually better than Lin's with the same coach and over 20 more games played!

Linsanity has blinded most people but not me. All I saw was a guy who came in a played some good basketball and led the team over wins against mostly subpar competition. The fact that he's Asian descent and from Harvard made him a huge star when Felton nearly played his way to an all-star game and got minimal attention.

Bottom line, if they re-sign him great.. but if they don't I won't feel like its a loss for the team.

MY LAST POINT:
We ALL know this team will go as far as Melo, Tyson and Amare allow it to go. While TC and Melo have been productive, Amare has been mostly non-productive and said to be a bad pairing for Melo. Well, who was the one guy that had Amare playing at a high level?? Who was the pg that built chemistry with Amare which most of us were all raving about?? FELTON!

If the guy comes to camp in shape, none of us should worry about him. He's a warrior that would definitely be on the court with his teammates at 85% health.