Chris Paul and the Hornets

Great bringing this topic up cp3 OBVIOUSLY wants out of new orleans since they are just holding on to him for ticket sales and not trying to contend its a shame that he has to wait 2 yrs possibly to move NO is not getting it done and his rep as the #1 PG is going down unless they get back in the championship race again

I can def see Paul wearing blue and orange...how great would that be if the Hornets do terrible during the season as expected, and Chris Paul gets traded by December. That would lure Melo here for sure, although I don't want to get my hopes up just yet from that LeBron saga :barf:

dassknick

Benchwarmer
I can def see Paul wearing blue and orange...how great would that be if the Hornets do terrible during the season as expected, and Chris Paul gets traded by December. That would lure Melo here for sure, although I don't want to get my hopes up just yet from that LeBron saga :barf:

Agreed, thats how I always saw the order of operations to get our own BIG 3.

Trading for Paul first (Felton will have an expiring contract after this season) which then would likely be enough to entice Melo sign with Knicks come next summer. That way we start the 2011-2012 season ready to go to war.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I still can't figure out how we'd get CP3 to come here. What have we got that they want considering how valuable CP3 is to the front office there?

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I still can't figure out how we'd get CP3 to come here. What have we got that they want considering how valuable CP3 is to the front office there?

When a great player is threatening to opt out of his contract by the end of the season, the team will agree to trade him for lesser value. So, don't think of it as a "fair trade" scenario, but rather, think of it as a "oh crap, we better get something in return instead of just letting him walk."

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
And the Hornets can get over the loss of Chris Paul from a basketball standpoint because of Darren Collison...he's not AS good but he's pretty damn good already and he filled in nicely for them.

The Hornets' biggest problem is that, well, outside of Collison and Paul, they really don't have anybody even remotely decent.

p0nder

Starter
from a basketball standpoint they could get better by trading paul. Collison can run the point effectively and if they had some help in the post or in the wings they could be a better team... Perhaps something with wilson chandler/eddie curry? maybe they covet Randolph? lots of possibilities

^^Gallo, Curry and maybe Chandler.<ST1:p</ST1:p It will be a mistake to give up doug<ST1:plas</ST1:p because he seems to be the only one really showing up right now.

<O:p</O:p
But seriously, I don’t know why people are sweating CP. Wasn’t he hurt last season and had knee surgery this year? We don’t even know his condition, or if he can still do what he did the year before. Why must the knicks have a hard on for players who have had recent knee surgery. It’s not like these guys will be taking a slow stroll around park. Basketball (and on this level) will inevitably cause more wear and tear….when? That’s the big question.

p0nder

Starter
i agree that douglas is looking real good, but he plays the same position as CP so i think we would give him up in a trade.

CP3 is high up there because he is a court general and has an extremely high basketball IQ. He makes mediocre players much much better. Having a top tier PG is essential in D'ant's offense so that is why knicks are high on CP3 rumors. I agree that there are duribility questions but if you look around the league for a vet guy that doesn't have some sort of health issue that is cause for pause then good luck. Basketball is a rough sport with people playing above the rim, everyone gets hurt. It's the job of the medical staff to do the physicals and clear these players. Knicks have a great group of medical personnel and wouldn't clear a trade for CP3 unless he was good to go.

I would wait to see what he can do before saying he still has game. Not every one can come back from those injuries. and the one's that did...their game was clearly altered. Amare is already one risk too many. It' will be a sad sight seeing the Knicks bench loaded with pricey players in suits.

moneyg

Starter
NOH is not trading CP3 until at least mid season.. they will c if collison can hold his own at the start of the season and then they might consider tradin paul.. because they r cheap..and collison is a cheaper alternative

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I would wait to see what he can do before saying he still has game. Not every one can come back from those injuries. and the one's that did...their game was clearly altered. Amare is already one risk too many. It' will be a sad sight seeing the Knicks bench loaded with pricey players in suits.

That is why I rather have DWill. I know he has been injured before, but nothing major.