Marbury on the Oprah Show

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Stephon Marbury was on the Oprah Show today. He was invited to the show because of the great things he has done in the community, and for the poor families in the United States. This just shows you how caring and important he is just by making a shoe that is priced low, and just being the good person as he is. He also said "it's not just about basketball anymore"

Thanks Albo Knicks4Life(http://media.putfile.com/Stephon-Marbury-Starbury)

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Starboy needs to worry about having less turnovers

What are you talking about?! We are talking about life...you are talking about a game. He's been blessed to impact his hometown community. Bump the turnovers, he's turning over a page in blessing the youth across America. Remember he's not on Oprah because of his TO's this is more than basketball. This is about being a man not a PG...God Bless Marbury...Ask this question now...who's selfish now??

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
LOL You've got to admit that shit was funny!

I read that he was going to be on Oprah but I'm at work so I missed it. Yea it's good Steph gives back. We need that kind of light in the league. See, not every one bitch slaps fans and gets in shoot outs like the media loves to point out. Go head Steph. I love the shoes.

Steadmon's queer!

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I watched the video and was truly humbled. What an amazing thing for Steph to do for those kids, who will never forget Marbury or the Knicks again! I am so happy to see Marbury evolution no only as a player, but as a human being. The only unfortunate part, is that while this was going on the media was busy showing Robert Horry bodycheck Steve Nash. Unfortunately, negativity sells.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury is the god damn man. He's the only guy in the NBA who wanted to be a Knick all his life, and wants to stay and retire in New York. He made huge adjustments this season to prove he's worthy of being the PG of this team the next 3-5 years. He's so talented and lays it all on the court all the time, forget his track record of loses. You gives you consistant offense and defense.

Marbury has done so much for the community too by giving less-privileged kids the opportunity to have big-name basketball shoes, help for Katrina victims (donated $1 million to help victims of Hurricane Katrina) and also pays for seven barbers on Coney Island to give free haircuts to neighborhood kids...plus all his basketball camps.

Marbury is that dude, he bought Leandro Barbosa a car in his rookie year to welcome him to the NBA. Barbosa cried when Steph left PHX. Lee, Robinson, and Frye were all bought suits by Stephon when it was the new NBA dress code enforced stricter rules.

Anyone who hates on Marbury is a blind hater.

Trin_Starr

Starter
And it wasn't no ordinary car too - he bought Barbosa a suped up Escalade!

My personal favorite was the kid rolling on the floor! lol now u know how happy he was

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
steph has grown as a player and a person in his time in NY... grown man talk... bball is secondary to changing the culture... he's craige hodges for the new millenium... fighting the power from a position of power...

metrocard

Legend
steph has grown as a player and a person in his time in NY... grown man talk... bball is secondary to changing the culture... he's craige hodges for the new millenium... fighting the power from a position of power...

Co-sign to the fullest. I just wished more people in the NBA became more aware of Marbury's actions and his true side. Everyone seems so quick to label him as a cancer and a player with a bad attitude which is totally false.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
it's sad when marbury gets more press for calling himself the best point guard in the league than for the positivity he puts out... i guess when the knicks start making the playoffs people will be forced to recognize...