Kol Petition To Fire This Motherf*cker Mike F*cking 'antoni

Wargames

Starter
You can fire D'Antoni, you can fire Woodson - the players and the owner stay the same!

Dolan is horrible but the players can be traded. As long as Amare isn't injured they're are probably more than a few teams that would take him. if it is the players trade them but the team being unprepared, lethargic on both sides of the ball, and simply "sucking it up" is the coach.

Now who knows maybe this lights a fire under their butts and gives them the added incentive to win.

Red

TYPE-A
You can fire D'Antoni, you can fire Woodson - the players and the owner stay the same!

I've got no beef with ANY of these players because what we are seeing is them being forced to play in a system that's unconventonal and should go against almost every principle they were taught when it comes to ball.

CoolClyde

unfortunately, we're gonna have to wait until season ends and contract expires,
owner D'oh-lan is the ultimate ignorant dumba$$, still guided by iSayUghh Thomas.
Glenwald has no power to do anything, he is a pawn.

that being said, as much as I hate what i'm seeing here, I still believe the Knicks need
time to gel on the defense, offense, AND as a team. Chandler has taken over STAT's position,
whereas STAT needs to find himself and his PF game. Shumpert is brand new and has barely
played 2 games, and looks like ROY candidate. when Baron von Davis starts playing, we'll see
if Mike Antoni's team will reflect his SSOL philosophy with a true PG running the show.

As much as I hate Antoni, I think this thread is an overreaction to an incredibly piss-poor
defensive game, and a new team trying to form a cohesive whole in a shortened lockout season.
don't hate the Knicks.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Red you make a good point I agree with where you are coming from however I am tired of the revolving door with the coaches. If we get rid of Dantoni then who is next?

Phil Jackson is not going to come to NY and to be completely honest I don?t want him. I can see him coming to NY and losing and leaving after a season or two so he won?t ?tarnish? his crap legacy anymore. This is off topic I know , Mark Jackson should have been given the chance to coach our team while we were hell bent on "tanking". He is the perfect coach that will build up players confidence and teach the young guys how to play winning basketball. If we were able to land a guy like that then cool ; I would hate to have an interim coach so early in the season that will be gone after 66.

Can't consider it a revolving door when MOA was given years and our roster is so new. That only works when the same players have to learn multiple systems- these are new players. You shouldn't base a decision on the alternatives only. You wouldn't keep a cheating girl friend because you have yet to find a new one would you? As I said, during the lock-out was the opportune time to replace MOA. We could have started off fresh, instead its this type of shit, only to realize and prolong the inevitable next year.

Yesterday I still had a bit of faith that this guy would make the changes and get us going. Shit like this can't be excepted I agree that we need to get Mr. Pringle the **** out of here...

Fire this *****!!!

Red

TYPE-A
Wouldn't you love a coach who:

1. Says STAT I realize you can score but where you are really needed is on the defensive end. Let's work on your rebounding. Let's work on your post moves.

I don't want to see you taking on a whole team by yourself. We'll work on you getting the ball on the block with your back to the basket and impliment a two man game. When the defense collapses on you, swing it out and reset.

You are a beast at drawing fouls- but I want to work on your ability to still put up QUALITY shots even with contact. Once we get them in foul trouble or in the penalty, then your mid-range game will open up. Draw fouls, but still give yourself a chance to make the shot by putting up quality shots.

*then we see STAT at least TRYING THIS. He doesn't have to succeed, but show the effort and try to get better.

2. Melo you are our leader. Let me see you talking it up on both ends. We'll feature you but our strategy will be this:

Instead of giving the defense the chance to double and close out on you when you're hot or during game winning situations... we will establish your shots after coming off screens with the catch and shoot. You too can draw fouls and we will use this to our advantage.

We will game plan to entice mismatches with you. After you establish coming off screens or the two man game with you and either of our bigs, teams will target you. THAT'S when we will go into more of a motion cutter offense where you can easily find cutters to the basket once the defense over-commits on you.

We will enhance our strategy to have constant cutting under the basket on plays we feature you. You can use yur passing skills and decision making to take the shot or get the ball to a cutter if left open. Once we draw fouls, our strategy will adjust to more iso plays because by then they should be hesitant, or have a bench player on you.

*and we see Melo at least TRYING this. Maybe not completely successful, but getting better.

3. Toney I notice you are constantly looking for your shot. You seem comfortable doing this. Most passing pg's look to pass first and get players involved. You don't.

That's cool. You could be our 6th man. BUT realize Toney, just like a PG must use his savvy to decide who to get the ball to, you must use better judgement in what type of shots you take and when. Its counter-productive and obvious if all you do is come in and shoot.

Don't let me see you coming in and chucking threes right away. Don't let me see you chucking threes when we're down double digits. That's not a good approach and can hurt us more than help us. Even if you hit it, that will make you too confident and again your decision making will be to continue shooting. Not good.

I also notice your difficulty laying the ball up in traffic or contested. We'll work on your body position like with Stat in order to still put up a quality shot while drawing the foul, this way we still have a chance to score.

*then we see Toney AT LEAST making better decisions. Maybe not successful but getting better at it.

4. Team on defense, particularly man-to-man, we must understand our primary goal. NO UNCONTESTED SHOTS! If they can make shots over our defense or out stretched arms, so be it.

We will NOT switch off our man. If a player uses screens to get open WE MUST FIGHT THROUGH THE SCREEN! If our strategy is to go under the screen, we must communicate and recover as quick as possible. Switching while in m2m is counter-intuitive.

We will use more double teams and traps when we feel a certain players is getting hot, and use harder fouls so that at the least they have to earn their points from the line.

* and we see the effort

5. Fields, you are star struck. You are NOT a starting SG, but we can use your skills off the bench. We need to work on your on-ball defense so that at the least you can impact the game on the defensive end.

Its clear you lack confidence. What we can do is draw plays specifically for you to get you hot. We'll draw up plays for you to get the ball cutting toward the basket and make sure you at least put up quality easier shots when fouled. That way you can get your rythem at the foul line.

Just like coaches draw up short easy passes to get QB's in rythem, we will do the same with you.

6. Shump you're a god send. But I fear you will be painted into a corner and loose your skill set if we keep green lighting you.

So what we need from you is to become a great PG facilitator. The earlier you understand this and practcie this, the better you get to know your teammates, the better we'll be.

We reserve the 6th man role for TD who has a shooting mentality while grooming you fr starting PG duties. You going in feet first, but that's ok. I think you have the skills, confidence, and player respect to run this team, especially on defense.

We will STRICTLY work on your PG skills, let the shots come to you.

7. Tyson, we love you. You're just what we needed but... yu can improveon yu offensive skills. We will work on your foot work and post moves to give us more options. You are a natural leader but that means show and prove. Work ethic, communication, and sacrifice will trickle down to younger less experienced players.

8. Team we have little practice time. To maximize this time we will run more 2vs 2, and 3vs3's so at minimum we can get use to playing our two man game. One day it'll be Chandler and Shump vs Stat and TD. Next it may be Melo and Fields vs Shump and Stat.

We have to get use to playing with each other (no homo). Running 5 on 5 full scrimmages lessons our ability to work on our fundamentals and chemistry because too many things are happening in a short period that we can't evaluate and improve.

2on2's and 3on3's go by much quicker and can easily illustrate our faults.

We will work on these things all season so don't get discouraged. Our fundamentals will be solid SO AT THE LEAST WE MAKE TEAMS BEAT US AND NOT BEAT OURSELVES.

I don't want to see anymore ill-advised shots. I want to see good anticpation and boxing out for rebounds. No shooting while no one is under the basket. No camping out on the perimeter.

And again.... our goal is proper fundamentals and NO uncontested shots...EVER!

That's all for now.

*And we notice a different mor sound approach to the game. Maybe not complete success, but improvement.

moneyg

Starter
add me to the top of the list.... this guy has been a joke..if only Dolan can admit he was wrong and bring back JVG

KingofNy

Starter
People always forgets that D'antoni was brought here not to win. He was brought here to use his system to play exciting Basketball and keep fans engaged while the FO dismantled that teams current roster. An added positive side effect was his style of play often made roleplayers appear like starters. this would add to the knicks players dismal trade value and was brougjt up recently as a reason the Nuggets felt they couldn't get fair value. (Why did we give them our starters and Picks.... oh yeah crazy Dolan being to over eager to rape the nuggets)

As for his time on the suns his entire time there he had great rosters, with all stars, quality roleplayers (who played defense), and had decent depth overall (then add in all those players were overachieving due to the D'antoni effect). He did well in the regular season and would he outcoached in the post season. So with all the good teams (that were stacked in the guard positions),he had in Pheonix being unable to make it to a championship. How does anyone think he will accomplish it with a team with strong Front Court and only decent (at best) roleplayers/depth???.

So to summarize it could be argued that in Pheonix he underachieved based on thw fact he had his dream rosters. Now fans want to wait for him to overachieve on a team based on utilizing its front court? It defies logic. He has his PF playing like SF, and his star SF (who has the best post game for his position in the league) Playing like a SG. I know this year thier was no training camp but most of the teams out there look like playoff teams against the knicks. Opposing Bum rosters aren't being exploited. The knicks Height advantage isn't being explored (jorts looks like a solid PF but gets no time during the Bobcats game because D'antoni goes small at the PF position whenever it isn't STAT?). The knicks need a real coach who can maximize the assets already on this team. They do not need a coach who cannot adapt to a player personnel that doesn't meet his systems standards.

Spot on, nice post! Rep +1.

nyk_nyk

All Star
you're right. you know my thinking on this. i know the history.

you know i think his style of play is unorthodox. you're supposed to play inside out.

that said..

when run properly,and it takes some time MDAs offense can be highly effective

By "run properly" I assume you mean making over 40% of 3 point shots. That does not constitute a solid brand of basketball.

The triangle offense is something you "run properly". The SSOL just requires you to make shots, mostly away from the basket.

Want proof? Just find every Antoni post game interview and he'll tell you what happened... "we missed shots"

nyk_nyk

All Star
Wouldn't you love a coach who:

1. Says STAT I realize you can score but where you are really needed is on the defensive end. Let's work on your rebounding. Let's work on your post moves.

I don't want to see you taking on a whole team by yourself. We'll work on you getting the ball on the block with your back to the basket and impliment a two man game. When the defense collapses on you, swing it out and reset.

You are a beast at drawing fouls- but I want to work on your ability to still put up QUALITY shots even with contact. Once we get them in foul trouble or in the penalty, then your mid-range game will open up. Draw fouls, but still give yourself a chance to make the shot by putting up quality shots.

*then we see STAT at least TRYING THIS. He doesn't have to succeed, but show the effort and try to get better.

2. Melo you are our leader. Let me see you talking it up on both ends. We'll feature you but our strategy will be this:

Instead of giving the defense the chance to double and close out on you when you're hot or during game winning situations... we will establish your shots after coming off screens with the catch and shoot. You too can draw fouls and we will use this to our advantage.

We will game plan to entice mismatches with you. After you establish coming off screens or the two man game with you and either of our bigs, teams will target you. THAT'S when we will go into more of a motion cutter offense where you can easily find cutters to the basket once the defense over-commits on you.

We will enhance our strategy to have constant cutting under the basket on plays we feature you. You can use yur passing skills and decision making to take the shot or get the ball to a cutter if left open. Once we draw fouls, our strategy will adjust to more iso plays because by then they should be hesitant, or have a bench player on you.

*and we see Melo at least TRYING this. Maybe not completely successful, but getting better.

3. Toney I notice you are constantly looking for your shot. You seem comfortable doing this. Most passing pg's look to pass first and get players involved. You don't.

That's cool. You could be our 6th man. BUT realize Toney, just like a PG must use his savvy to decide who to get the ball to, you must use better judgement in what type of shots you take and when. Its counter-productive and obvious if all you do is come in and shoot.

Don't let me see you coming in and chucking threes right away. Don't let me see you chucking threes when we're down double digits. That's not a good approach and can hurt us more than help us. Even if you hit it, that will make you too confident and again your decision making will be to continue shooting. Not good.

I also notice your difficulty laying the ball up in traffic or contested. We'll work on your body position like with Stat in order to still put up a quality shot while drawing the foul, this way we still have a chance to score.

*then we see Toney AT LEAST making better decisions. Maybe not successful but getting better at it.

4. Team on defense, particularly man-to-man, we must understand our primary goal. NO UNCONTESTED SHOTS! If they can make shots over our defense or out stretched arms, so be it.

We will NOT switch off our man. If a player uses screens to get open WE MUST FIGHT THROUGH THE SCREEN! If our strategy is to go under the screen, we must communicate and recover as quick as possible. Switching while in m2m is counter-intuitive.

We will use more double teams and traps when we feel a certain players is getting hot, and use harder fouls so that at the least they have to earn their points from the line.

* and we see the effort

5. Fields, you are star struck. You are NOT a starting SG, but we can use your skills off the bench. We need to work on your on-ball defense so that at the least you can impact the game on the defensive end.

Its clear you lack confidence. What we can do is draw plays specifically for you to get you hot. We'll draw up plays for you to get the ball cutting toward the basket and make sure you at least put up quality easier shots when fouled. That way you can get your rythem at the foul line.

Just like coaches draw up short easy passes to get QB's in rythem, we will do the same with you.

6. Shump you're a god send. But I fear you will be painted into a corner and loose your skill set if we keep green lighting you.

So what we need from you is to become a great PG facilitator. The earlier you understand this and practcie this, the better you get to know your teammates, the better we'll be.

We reserve the 6th man role for TD who has a shooting mentality while grooming you fr starting PG duties. You going in feet first, but that's ok. I think you have the skills, confidence, and player respect to run this team, especially on defense.

We will STRICTLY work on your PG skills, let the shots come to you.

7. Tyson, we love you. You're just what we needed but... yu can improveon yu offensive skills. We will work on your foot work and post moves to give us more options. You are a natural leader but that means show and prove. Work ethic, communication, and sacrifice will trickle down to younger less experienced players.

8. Team we have little practice time. To maximize this time we will run more 2vs 2, and 3vs3's so at minimum we can get use to playing our two man game. One day it'll be Chandler and Shump vs Stat and TD. Next it may be Melo and Fields vs Shump and Stat.

We have to get use to playing with each other (no homo). Running 5 on 5 full scrimmages lessons our ability to work on our fundamentals and chemistry because too many things are happening in a short period that we can't evaluate and improve.

2on2's and 3on3's go by much quicker and can easily illustrate our faults.

We will work on these things all season so don't get discouraged. Our fundamentals will be solid SO AT THE LEAST WE MAKE TEAMS BEAT US AND NOT BEAT OURSELVES.

I don't want to see anymore ill-advised shots. I want to see good anticpation and boxing out for rebounds. No shooting while no one is under the basket. No camping out on the perimeter.

And again.... our goal is proper fundamentals and NO uncontested shots...EVER!

That's all for now.

*And we notice a different mor sound approach to the game. Maybe not complete success, but improvement.

This is all I ask for! These are the things coaches should be communicating if there are issues. What I read from this is contructive criticism and at the same time continuing to build on the players' self esteem. Doing things like DNPing guys doesn't help in the long run because when they finally play they play timid and try to be perfect to prevent another dog house stay.

This should be relayed by the entire coaching staff. They all see what we see, yet there doesn't appear to be any changes. I want a coach who's not afraid to call out Melo or Amare at any given time. You know who would do that? Larry "play the right way" Brown... among others.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Lol

Reds face right now
wrestler_angry_gif.gif

I know right I can just picture him while he was typing this post...Yo Red did you break your KB while posting this one ? FU*K Danphony

ADD ME TO THAT LIST BRO.........