2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingCharles34

All Star
All that hard work that Stat put in can be flushed down the toilet. Hes gonna have to re work himself back into shape again. I dont wanna see him get more then 20 minutes a game off the bench. Anymore then 20 minutes for Stat and we'll be giving up more then 100 points a game

bigapple

Starter
we need some who can score more than 20+ besides Melo

others are 3pt shooters n JR wont be shooting ~20 each game.

i wana see P&R felton stat and kidd stat.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
We need his offensive game, but with his lack of any defensive abilities I'm afraid we'll score additional 20 points with him in the lineup but still allow 25...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We need his offensive game, but with his lack of any defensive abilities I'm afraid we'll score additional 20 points with him in the lineup but still allow 25...

An additional 20!? That's never gonna happen. We'll give up the points, lose some chemistry, do even worse on the boards, but not score a higher total.

KingCharles34

All Star
The current Baron Davis, regardless of where hes at with his injury would be a more effective power forward at this point then Amarknee Stouderetire. Lets be real here :smokin:

metrocard

Legend
I just worry about Amare because I feel like he'll never fit into the offense, and a guy who is accustomed to being a 25 point per game scorer, I don't know if he'll be able to provide positive energy to the team. Amare is a shade of his former self sadly.

Imagine an undefeated 30-0 boxer who took a devastating blow to the head in his 10th title defense. This shot sent him to the hospital with a severe concussion. The next fight, it's not the same fighter. Very timid and scared. Stat use to be great within himself, but now his greatness is distant.

I've watched Amare since his rookie season to now, why? I'm a Marbury and Barbosa fan, passionately admire those guys. Amare use to be a beast, and even defensively he wasn't good, but he brought energy to the game.

Amare' recent games have no presence, and I'm not sure if his presence is welcomed to the team.

We need toughness and a guy who can play hard and leave his ass on the court.

If Kobe Bryant was on this team, Amare would of been traded a while ago.
Kobe understands what it takes to win a championship, and it's definitely not guys like Amare.

Sorry folks, wish I can hop on the STAT bandwagon, but I've lost all hope in him.

iJoe

Rotation player
Screw Amare playing great defense... it'll probably never happen.

If he can at least grab rebounds, I'll be happy. My bar is set low. The guy has to learn to BOX THE **** OUT.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Agreed he's only going to make us a better team. Can't wait to have em back that's another 19+ points and 8 rebs. However, now im starting to think about having em come off the bench with Jr then have em finish games out with melo and the starting 5. That could make us more dangerous and both stars will be featured. Lets try out melo&stat starting if problems persist then have stat as 6th man

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Amar'e will definitely make us a better team, but he needs come off the bench and get about 1000x better on defense. I love Amar'e. He brought basketball back to NY. Without him, we do not have the team we have today, that's for sure. However, he is a beyond poor defender. He may be one of the worst I've ever seen.

He has no defensive awareness. He constantly loses his man, has no idea where the ball is and slow on his rotations.

I love the guy, but he needs to be surrounded with great defensive players than can make up for his mistakes. Pairing him in a second unit with, Kidd, Brewer/Shumpert, and Camby should help.

Amar'e will definitely make us a better team, but he needs come off the bench......

Nothing I want more than to see Amar'e come in with the 2nd squad but the ego is waaay too big for this. I read somewhere that if this were to be true, he'd be the highest paid 6th man in NBA history. Around this time last year this was STAT's team, no way he takes a 6th man role.

*EDIT: spelling

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Just start him and have him play most of his minutes with the 2nd unit, you guys know what your gonna get from Amare some offense and little defense I'd be more worried about his health than anything.

And I predict the Knicks taken a hit at first when he comes back but their a better team with him their not gonna shoot this lights out from downtown forever. And I read NYK are at the bottom of the league in points in the paint Amare especially if his post game is as good as it should be solves that problem.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
All that hard work that Stat put in can be flushed down the toilet. Hes gonna have to re work himself back into shape again. I dont wanna see him get more then 20 minutes a game off the bench. Anymore then 20 minutes for Stat and we'll be giving up more then 100 points a game

I know your over exaggerating in most of your Amare jokes, but do you really not like the guy at all.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Just no reason to start Stat......No need to disrupt the starting 5....just like JR bring him in and use him accordingly

You start him so him and Melo can get some chemistry going they have to learn to play together at some point and for more points in the paint early on.

metrocard

Legend
Well hopefully for all you die hard Knicks fans your wrong about STAT like you were about Melo being a great player and Lin being the PG of the future.

Melo actually never had Amar'e problems tho.

Melo can play defense, we seen it when he was Denver and his team played the Lakers. He manned up on Kobe and took the tough defensive asignment.

Amar'e is such a liability, it's basically forfeiting the game just by having him on the floor.

KingCharles34

All Star
There's a difference between Amare and Melo.

In prior games Melo has shown the propensity to play solid 1:1 defense when he wanted to. Amare has never shown me that he can defend even slightly above average players by himself.

Right now that's the difference between the two.

Amare has been working extensively with Hakeem so maybe this will bode well for him. Otherwise I don't really see there being that much hope for a change in his ability in this area.

This is the same way i have always felt, Carmelo even back with Denver would occasionally play good defense. If Woodson, Camby, Sheed, Kurt Thomas, Hakeem and Chandler cant get through to Amare then hes a pathetic human being which appears to be the case

KingCharles34

All Star
I know your over exaggerating in most of your Amare jokes, but do you really not like the guy at all.

Im a big fan of the old Stat but this Stat is useless and is eating up our cap space. Even when hes healthy hes a liability on defense and his offense aint even close to what it was. I cant even count how many times i saw him get blocked, get called for a charge, or turn the ball over last year. Stat looks like hes about 35 years old out there. Even when he does come back, its very reasonable to question how long it will be before hes out again. Nothing im saying here is unfair.

At the same time if he comes back and gets himself together offensively he could still help us. But we'd also need him to be an average defender. Thats not asking too much but I have seen very little from him to suggest he can even do that. I wanna root for the guy but he hasnt made it easy since the first half of his first year here...before Dantoni put the finishing touch on Amarknee's knees'

Paul1355

All Star
Is Pau Gasol for Amare realistic?

One has to wonder now if trading Amare is really impossible.

There is a team that exists with Steve Nash and Mike Dantoni. The same combination that made Amare an allstar. A team that also has Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard. A team that has a player in Pau Gasol who has been on the trading block and every rumor mill for the past year. A player who if traded straight up matches Amare's contract.

Would the Lakers bite on this? If Amare comes back from his injury and plays well but the Knicks still don't see the perfect gel with Melo...would this trade be possible?

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Not even in the slightest. What role does Dwight play then? A spot up 3 point shooter? Dwight will run the pick n roll with Nash and should be excellent at it.