Grid or Riot
Logos-1.png

STARTING LINEUPS

DenverLineup.png

KnicksLineup-1.png

DZWONSSON'S CRUCIAL MATCHUP

Matchup-1.png

MEDIA CORNER

Carmelo Anthony spent seven-plus seasons as the driving force behind the Denver Nuggets. They don't seem to be missing him much, while Anthony's frustration in New York is becoming apparent.

Anthony will face the Nuggets on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden for the first time -- and only time in this lockout-shortened season -- since being dealt to his hometown Knicks.

Anthony lived up to the hype of being the third overall pick by Denver (11-5) in the 2003 draft, instantly turning the franchise into a playoff team following a 17-65 season. The forward led the Nuggets into the postseason in each of his seven full seasons, including a run to the Western Conference finals in 2008-09 when they fell to the eventual NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers.

His impressive run ended last February when the Nuggets dealt the four-time All-Star to New York (6-9) in a stunning three-team, 13-player trade.

Denver reached the playoffs without Anthony -- losing to Oklahoma City -- and is 29-12 in the regular season since the trade.

That success can be credited to the deal, as one of the players the Nuggets landed was Danilo Gallinari. The forward is averaging 16.2 points on the season, ranking second on the team behind Ty Lawson's 16.4.

"I think the one thing that (happened to) guys when 'Melo left, Ty and Arron (Afflalo) got more excited about their opportunity," coach George Karl told the team's official website. "That's what happens in trades. Trades open up windows of opportunities."

Gallinari and Lawson had 21 points each while Al Harrington -- another former Knick -- had a season-high 29 in Friday's 108-104 win at Washington.

The Nuggets have won three in a row, one shy of their season high from earlier this month.

Gallinari is looking forward to a return to New York, where he spent two-plus seasons after being drafted sixth overall in 2008.

"This is going to be a nice game," Gallinari said. "Last year, the first thing that I looked at when I got traded was when are we going to play in New York. Yeah, it's going to be an exciting game."

While the Nuggets are thriving, Anthony is growing frustrated with the Knicks' struggles.

Anthony is among the league leaders with 25.7 points per game, but New York has been a major disappointment so far this season.

The Knicks lost their fifth straight Friday, falling 100-86 at home to Milwaukee -- which came in 0-8 on the road -- despite Anthony scoring 35 points.

Anthony, however, was ejected with 1:33 left after picking up his second technical foul following a confrontation with the Bucks' Brandon Jennings, who apparently made a hand gesture after a 3-pointer.

"I don't like to be punked out there so I think that's where the frustration just set in and it started trickling down," Anthony said. "Maybe it was my fault that the frustration set in and I apologized to my teammates for that, but I don't like being in them situations like that. I don't know how to handle those punking situations too well."

New York's struggles may be attributed to the trade with Denver, as it dealt most of its depth while also acquiring guard Chauncey Billups, whom it waived prior to this season to free up salary cap space for Tyson Chandler.

That's left the Knicks with little offensive firepower beyond Anthony and Amare Stoudemire, the latter of whom is averaging 18.1 points and 7.8 rebounds after posting 25.3 and 8.3, respectively, last season.

Stoudemire was booed after missing one easy putback in the second half Friday before finishing with 15 points and 11 boards.

The Knicks are averaging 93.0 points, including 88.4 while hitting 38.7 percent from the floor over the last five games. Those averages are a far cry from their Eastern Conference-leading 106.5 points per game in 2010-11.

"We're just not sharp and it looks like our legs are deader than the other guys," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "It looks like they're running circles around us a lot of times."

The Knicks and Nuggets split two meetings last season, with each team winning at home.

SOUNDTRACK

OFFICIAL CHILLING OUT MACHINE
watch until your stress is gone!

buns_inspection.gif

THIS THREAD IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY

Kinder.png

AND

Drink.png

WINNING STREAK STARTS HERE!

I hope they beat us by 20....only way to get changes for the better like no more D'Antoni and/or trades.

Things need to get worse before they get better and right now things ain't bad enough it seems. Our season is ruined anyway so why not losing 8 straight and getting D'Antoni and maybe even Fraudermire out of town?

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Expect Carmelo to have 30 (at least) shot attempts in this one. He needs to show the entire world he's better than Nuggets. The fact that he makes 40% of them is not important to him. He must have his points total that's all he cares about.

As for the crucial matchup I think it's Lawson vs Shumpert. Jennings destroyed him yesterday can Lawson do the same? I think so he's as quick as Jennings if not quicker, and overall a much better PG IMO.

Final score Nuggets 112 - 90 Knicks

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I am torn for this game. I love the Knicks, I support the Knicks completely but I don`t know if I will watch this game. It`s got to the point where we are so horrible that I can barely watch.

Night in, night out, it`s the same, no improvements, no adjustments, no offence other than Melo trying to grab his points. The coach sitting in his chaot with his arms folded whilst we implode again and again and again.

I`m sure that when the game gets closer I will probably cave in and watch anyway but right now I think that we are the worst team to watch in the whole of the NBA.

I don`t think that D`Antoni will get sacked this season no matter how bad we get. I am afraid that whatever happens we will be stuck with him for the entire season.

He can score 50 all he wants.. Nuggets are gonna play team ball tho. We better be up to the challenge of containing their career highs to a minimum..

CA7

Scoring Champ
Honestly this all comes down to effort, intensity and coaching. If we bring effort and intensity we can score and defend if we have good coaching we can match what they do and adjust in game.

They also need the fans to be behind them stop booing them it doesn't help encourage them

Scipio

Benchwarmer
The fans pay a ridiculous amount of money to watch this crap. I think that if a fan who earns an average wage pays his hard earned money to watch multi-millionaires, some earning $100 million, playing with no effort then he deserves the right to boo and jeer.

joegti10

Banned
I'm rooting for Gallo and the Denver nuggets in this one. I truly hate this Knicks team from coach right down to the whole starting lineup.

CA7

Scoring Champ
They shouldn't get mad when they play bad then fans are suppose to cheer the team help them win, when they boo it gives the opponent more confidence and energy how about after the opponent makes a run we call a timeout we regroup and when we come out of the timeout the fans get loud and cheer the team on then we turn it up, then we're winning now everyone's happy

They shouldn't get mad when they play bad then fans are suppose to cheer the team help them win, when they boo it gives the opponent more confidence and energy how about after the opponent makes a run we call a timeout we regroup and when we come out of the timeout the fans get loud and cheer the team on then we turn it up, then we're winning now everyone's happy

This isn't some Saturday morning youth league we're talking about.. These are grown ass men... Who get paid millions to play a game... When you perform poorly and play like you don't give a shit.. You deserve to be boo'd son. Especially like Scipio said when the average die hard fan pays so much money on a ticket to the game.

CA7

Scoring Champ
This isn't some Saturday morning youth league we're talking about.. These are grown ass men... Who get paid millions to play a game... When you perform poorly and play like you don't give a shit.. You deserve to be boo'd son. Especially like Scipio said when the average die hard fan pays so much money on a ticket to the game.

That 1st line was pretty funny and I'm not ya son BUT thats not my point if you want them to play better encourage them. Melo misses "hey Melo you suck" doesn't have the same effect as "Lets go Melo, knock the next one down". STAT turns the ball over "BOOOOOOOOOOOOO" doesn't have the same effect as "Lets get it back STAT, lets go boy"

The only negative things the fans should be chanting are towards the other team or D'Antoni

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
NBA basketball is a service. We are the customers and the teams and their players are the providers. If you're not satisfied with the service that has been provided to you, you have the right to make a complaint. We're definately not satisfied with the basketball that we're paying for and booing the players or leaving the arena before the final buzzer are some of the ways we can show that the product that we've got doesn't meet our demands. We're paying a big part of Amare's and Carmelo's max contracts and we except certain quality of basketball in exchange.

Wargames

Starter
Will this be the game the fans start chanting Fire D'antoni???? Will it take a team with a few of our former playets embarassing the knicks for one of the idiots in the front office to hold someone accountable?..... I doubt it. Also IDK if the knicks can win this George Karl is going to have a squad full of players who resent the Knicks who are playing sh**y aa hell.
:barf:

Then again maybe the knicks overachieve, pull themselves together, move the ball, and hit open shots more.

No more Hero ball. No more Shameball, just good team basketball.