Who do the Knicks draft in 2010??

Paul1355

All Star
So I know we have two 2nd round picks this year, maybe three because of the Boston trade but I want to know who in the second round is MOST LIKELY TO COME TO NY.

I want to start the draft research now......names, thoughts...please!

ANU

Starter
i'd love to pair those 2nd rounders for a future first rounder. douglas hardly gets any burn, so i don't expect any 2nd rounders to.

nk11

Benchwarmer
i'd love to pair those 2nd rounders for a future first rounder. douglas hardly gets any burn, so i don't expect any 2nd rounders to.

word, but i like alexey shved and jerome jordan both have crazy upside(for 2nd rounders) but real raw.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Other than John Wall no one of the first rounders is worth anyways so i don't really see any second rounders be different.

mwm78

Rookie
Definitely should try to package them some how for a first round pick, not sure who I would target but hopefully Donnie does better this coming draft than last ( as I don't think Jordan Hill was the correct pick if the knicks had kept him around, Tony Douglas remains to be seen ).

LeFlume

All Star
I'd say we should take a look at Syracuse's Andy Rautins. He is a sleeper. He would be a good fit in D'Antonis offense. Great three point shooter, a very good defender and a very high basketball IQ. He might still be around when it's our pick.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I'd say we should take a look at Syracuse's Andy Rautins. He is a sleeper. He would be a good fit in D'Antonis offense. Great three point shooter, a very good defender and a very high basketball IQ. He might still be around when it's our pick.

Or are you saying that because youre a Cuse fan and youre mad your boy Flynn is freezing his ass off in Minny...:smokin:

Just playing LeFlume, Rautins is a solid player. I don't see him in any mock drafts though.

For me, its definitely Jerome Jordan and Lance Stephenson.

Paul1355

All Star
Or are you saying that because youre a Cuse fan and youre mad your boy Flynn is freezing his ass off in Minny...:smokin:

Just playing LeFlume, Rautins is a solid player. I don't see him in any mock drafts though.

For me, its definitely Jerome Jordan and Lance Stephenson.

Jerome Jordan could be a nice pickup...we really need a Center to draft this year.

richtree

Rotation player
I think we need to focus on finding a senior, that plays C-PF, that is athletic.

He should be a shot blocker, jumper, dunker. Defensive JJ Hickson or Dalebert type.

I will take a look around and find a few names.

maybe a guy like Kevin Thompson Morgan State ?

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Number 1 priority in the draft has to be a C no matter what. We have to go after a defensive minded and athletic C. Jerome Jordan would be nice.

mafra

Legend
Other than John Wall no one of the first rounders is worth anyways so i don't really see any second rounders be different.

Dude from Ohio State is REALLY good.

As for NY... we can't draft when we have lottery picks so I don't expect much this draft.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I like the kid from syracuse.
Wesley Johnson? If so, then yeah, he's damn good.

Some possible 2nd round selections that I like: Paul George (Fresno State), Charles Garcia (Seattle U via U of Washington), James Anderson (OK State), Alexy Shved (Russia)

I also like John Scheyer (Duke) as a sleeper. He has a higher basketball IQ than JJ Reddick, has better point guard skills, but lacks the dominant shooting ability that Reddick has. I think he has the basketball IQ and floor leadership to be a decent player in the NBA, kind of like a Luke Walton but smaller.

James Anderson and Paul George both have similar games to Wilson Chandler. They're big athletic guys who are slashers. They both play defense as well and I could see James Anderson being our "Raja Bell" on defense(Raja Bell was the primary defender on Kobe back when Mike D was in Phoenix). George would be a nice lift off the bench, but he has possible first round talent.

Garcia is a big time sleeper. He has 1st round talent no doubt. He has had some character issues and some problems with grades that have allowed him to slip to Seattle U instead of his intended destination of Washington. I watched him play on ESPNU a few weeks back and he was absolutely dominant. He has a big frame at about 6'9 or 6'10 and has a massive wing span. He can shoot the jumper and has some nice post moves. He has a lot of room for development and would be an awesome fit in the D'Ant SSOL system.

All of these are just possibilities. The chances of a 2nd rounder making a major impact on our team next year are pretty slim.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player

LeFlume,im sure you can understand I hate Syracuse b/c im a Gtown fan:smokin:BUT I have to say that I agree with you about Rautins.He is a phenomenal player that very well could be a sleeper in this draft.I would draft him!!

Just a quick note on Lance Stephenson. I read he is looking to go back to Cincy, says he "is not ready for the pros"

-ESPN-
The "Born Ready" quips -- derived from Cincinnati forward Lance Stephenson's high school nickname -- are too easy to make, so I'm going to refrain. Instead, I'll just tell you that it looks like Lance Stephenson is leaning toward staying at Cincinnati for another season, telling the Cincinnati Enquirer's Bill Koch that "he has not had an NBA-type year."

I'd love to have him. In my opinion, a better all-around player than Chandler.....