D'antoni raises bar tonight: Blows game in classic fashion!

mafra

Legend
Last year we had the foul to give, something we never used. Cost us a game in POR.

Tonight....

End of 4th.

12-seconds left.

Knicks leading 105-102.

We win game if we foul and do not allow a 3!

I saw it done in college the other day. Even High School coaches understand this basic math: 2 does not equal 3.

SO, OKC calls a timeout. Obviously Durant is getting the ball and a 3 is coming. What's our plan?

A) Watch NBA's leading scorer shoot a 3?

or

B) Foul and force OKC to shoot 2 free throws?

Anyone guess what coach mike D'antidiot decided to do?

mafra

Legend
Look at what coach Adelman is doing in HOU, with THAT roster. He's TEN TIMES the coach D'ant is.

Let's face it: The only reason D'ant is coaching in the NBA is b/c Stern altered the game by changing all the rules to foster more offense. Got rid of hand-checking, lossened travelling rules...

Coach K at Duke is bewitched with Mike D and has run his offense for a few years.... It cannot even get Duke to sweet-16 in college!

Telling guys to run up the floor and chuck shots within 7 seconds is not a philosophy. It's a circus. There's a reason why NY cannot execute- b/c D'ant has no discipline. He does not strees it, like he doesn't stress defense.

Even I-Thomas could draw up a play.

As another poster mentioned: I rarely even see a play in these situations? Hard to even imagine what the plan was!

This game is an omen for what's to come. Sure, we might get good.... even championship ready.... but we'll never win with D'ant. He just cannot coach the halfcourt (and NOTICE all close games & playoff games boil down to execution in the halfcourt late in the 4th).

Only Lebron can offset D'ant. So, unless we get LJ... no shot we'll win a title for the next 2-3 years (until D'antidiot is run out of town).

MD's SSOL system becomes CFOS (completely full of shi$t) when the game is on the line![/font]

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
Oh, it was a world of bewilderment watching that one go down. Honestly, how does he sleep at night? If I was him and I made the choices that he makes, I could never sleep. Then again, I wouldn't make the same mistakes over and over, so I doubt it would even happen at all.

mafra

Legend
Oh, it was a world of bewilderment watching that one go down. Honestly, how does he sleep at night? If I was him and I made the choices that he makes, I could never sleep. Then again, I wouldn't make the same mistakes over and over, so I doubt it would even happen at all.

Fool me once.... right?

The guy WORSHIPS offense. Feels like the multiverse should be in the fate of a jumpshooter. Like he cannot demeans himself to FOUL a guy. Let the shot decide if his team should win or lose- don't disrespect the Euro game by actually trying to disrupt the other team's offense. Why double-team? Why foul.... BLAH BLAH BLAH!

I just hope he's called out for this in the post game presser. PLEASE POST his excuse.

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
Fool me once.... right?

The guy WORSHIPS offense. Feels like the multiverse should be in the fate of a jumpshooter. Like he cannot demeans himself to FOUL a guy. Let the shot decide if his team should win or lose- don't disrespect the Euro game by actually trying to disrupt the other team's offense. Why double-team? Why foul.... BLAH BLAH BLAH!

I just hope he's called out for this in the post game presser. PLEASE POST his excuse.

For one day, I would love to be able to have a typed log of every thought that goes through D'Antoni's head. I want to hear the stupid $h|t that goes on in there, because it actually seems like he wants to lose these games.

And I think everyone knows.....YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.

petescud

Starter
Well, one things for sure. We need a better coach. We will not win any championship, no matter who's on our team with d'antoni IMO

mafra

Legend
For one day, I would love to be able to have a typed log of every thought that goes through D'Antoni's head. I want to hear the stupid $h|t that goes on in there, because it actually seems like he wants to lose these games.

And I think everyone knows.....YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.

I think we would read stuff like this:

...................... shoot.............. she;s hot......... got to pick up mil.....
.... shoot.......... run.......... Duhon will break out soon......

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
I think we would read stuff like this:

...................... shoot.............. she;s hot......... got to pick up mil.....
.... shoot.......... run.......... Duhon will break out soon......

"Defense? No, just get back on offense, they'll miss the shot. Don't worry."

Wow that was a horrible coaching job by d'antoni. I follow multiple teams very heavily and the coaches for those teams wouldn't have been so dumb. On the plus though, Tmac looked great. Still seemed a bit slow here and there, but effective none the less. Why didn't coach play him in OT????

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Wow that was a horrible coaching job by d'antoni. I follow multiple teams very heavily and the coaches for those teams wouldn't have been so dumb. On the plus though, Tmac looked great. Still seemed a bit slow here and there, but effective none the less. Why didn't coach play him in OT????

You answered your own question in your first sentence.

knicksin60

Starter
Mike D'antoni has been admitted at Bellvue hospital several times due to being diagnosed with defensivephobia.Doctors and the Bellvue medical staff have tried to treat his mental illness by showing him videos of the Harlem Globe Trotters.They even told him that if he played a little NBA Live, the high scoring,pseudo defense and fast pace of the computer simulated game would be a stronger treatment than Xanax tablets.They even advised Knick management not to allow D'antoni to hear the word "defense" because it would lead him to another trip at the Bellvue psych ward.And that it was better for D'antoni to allow the Knicks to lose games than have him catch nervous breakdowns in the middle of the court because Bellvue executives were getting tired of giving D'antoni his own floor at their hospital facility.

Paul1355

All Star
Last year we had the foul to give, something we never used. Cost us a game in POR.

Tonight....

End of 4th.

12-seconds left.

Knicks leading 105-102.

We win game if we foul and do not allow a 3!

I saw it done in college the other day. Even High School coaches understand this basic math: 2 does not equal 3.

SO, OKC calls a timeout. Obviously Durant is getting the ball and a 3 is coming. What's our plan?

A) Watch NBA's leading scorer shoot a 3?

or

B) Foul and force OKC to shoot 2 free throws?

Anyone guess what coach mike D'antidiot decided to do?

Durant would make the foul shots and we'd choke anyway....if Mike D coached any game decent it was this one game.

Durant was like Michael Jordan tonight and Jeff Green made some shots like the three that rolled in...shots that any other time would never go in...Thunder got really lucky on this one.

mafra

Legend
Durant would make the foul shots and we'd choke anyway....if Mike D coached any game decent it was this one game.

Durant was like Michael Jordan tonight and Jeff Green made some shots like the three that rolled in...shots that any other time would never go in...Thunder got really lucky on this one.

You create your own luck.... Sure, OKC made plays. Sure, TMAC missing 2 free throws were killers. BUT, make no mistake.... Coach D'ant handed this game to OKC.

We fould Durant with (oh say 9 seconds left). He drills 2 shots. We inbound, get fouled. Make 5-7 seconds remain.

Can you guess the probability of losing a game, when you're up 1 point, shotting 2 free throws and 6 second left?

Coach has to put his team in position to win. Not sit there and let the chips fall where the may!

smokes

Huge Member
This game isn't entirely on the coach but a big part of it is for sure.

I fail to see how anyone can continue to defend him as being a good coach. Average maybe, but a good coach knows how to call plays down the stretch and knows when his team has a foul to give. I can't believe none of the assistants brought it up either, it's just an all round failure on the coaching staff.

I really hope we get someone else for next season... Almost certainly not gonna happen but we can hope. If we don't we just have to hope Lebron will call the plays for us :lol:

Blumatic

Rotation player
I have to say, the trades made us really competitive in this game. We would have lost badly without T-mac and house.

But D'antoni's out of time out execution continues to befuddle me. I saw D'antoni arguing with David Lee after one play that I felt should have went to T-Mac.

I still see no need to fire him. The defense was better this game, but OKC is too tall for us in the paint. But D'antoni needs to make this team execute down the stretch.

Jeff Van Gundy is not coming.

Red

TYPE-A
Fool me once.... right?

That's what I call "the D'Antoni Agenda".
He's trying to be the coach that wins with a international style team.

His concepts are different, and aren't for the NBA game.

But hey, we all know this. Just like we know coach or not we need a real big man in the middle. And surprisingly those new dudes House and Rodriguez can play some D. Hopefully it gets better.

That said, players burn out trying to win nail biters, game after game. House and TMAc stepped up,but we cant expect that every game. If we win I'll support D'Ant but little by little (player by player) he's gonna run out of excuses.

C'mon, I cant blame that on any one but US after the lead and opportunities we had.

Thats weak. Think about what you are saying...

Hanging with a team, leading by 11, leading by 5 with a min to go

And you shouldn't expect a WIN?

C'Mon...

becuase Michael Jordan might show up?

That's weak...

why play the game?

Refer to the the sig:smokin:

mafra

Legend
I believe it was the Syracuse v Georgetown game this week. SU up 3, 10 seconds left.... THEY FOULED IMMEDIATELY and sent Hoyas to the line to get their 2 points.

Forget about ALLOWING Durant to get the ball (not doubling him)... but as soon as the ball was inbounded, the dude should have been fouled.

I just don't get why that wasn't the call? Teams that foul in that spot win.... Every single time a team losses, people ask: why not foul?

Just stupid.

BUT, with TMAC's debut and Durant's clutchness.... D'ant will get a pass b/c people have plenty to talk about.