Knicks Starting To Look Like The NBA Retirement Home

nyk_nyk

All Star
One of the reasons we lost alot of winnable games last season was because the team couldn't close out a quarter or defend the lead. With the addition of Camby and Kidd, we have 2 guys that have a high basketball IQ. They may be up in age but they understand how to win games and hopefully that rubs off on some of our key players.

Chandler
Amare
Melo
JR (Shump)
Lin

Camby
(possibly Jeffries... or any vet min/amnesty player)
Novak
JR
Kidd

This looks solid and balanced to me.

deamon

Benchwarmer
So what Kidd is old? He's better now than Baron Davis 10 years ago.
And Camby is still better than many 10 years younger PF/C.
Also both will be bench players here, so I don't understand comparison to Dwight Howard.

skisloper

Starter
One of the reasons we lost alot of winnable games last season was because the team couldn't close out a quarter or defend the lead. With the addition of Camby and Kidd, we have 2 guys that have a high basketball IQ. They may be up in age but they understand how to win games and hopefully that rubs off on some of our key players.

Chandler
Amare
Melo
JR (Shump)
Lin

Camby
Novak
JR
Kidd

Like it or not Melo stops the movement of the Ball......yes lets hope he improves.....
JR stops the movement of the ball....yes lets hope he improves....

Melo and JR together will not improve enough that the ball does not get stopped when they are both on the court....JR is not a starting SG....

nyk_nyk

All Star
Like it or not Melo stops the movement of the Ball......yes lets hope he improves.....
JR stops the movement of the ball....yes lets hope he improves....

Melo and JR together will not improve enough that the ball does not get stopped when they are both on the court....JR is not a starting SG....

JR does not stop ball movement like that. His main issue is that he takes some questionable shots. Remember who sent a lot of passes to Novak in the corner for 3.

As for Melo, he's already addressed the improtance of Kidd and allowing him to run the offense. He has said he's trying to get adjusted to playing off the ball.

Full training camp and some stability = A BETTER YEAR

skisloper

Starter
JR does not stop ball movement like that. His main issue is that he takes some questionable shots. Remember who sent a lot of passes to Novak in the corner for 3.

As for Melo, he's already addressed the improtance of Kidd and allowing him to run the offense. He has said he's trying to get adjusted to playing off the ball.

Full training camp and some stability = A BETTER YEAR

JR dribbles for half the shot clock

1) The Knicks arent an old team.

2) If Nets get Dwight, they are still nowhere near us. 3 Players arent going to do much. They have no depth and who knows if daren and joe can even work together.

3) Bottom Line: Nets will have potential, but thats about it.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Its a known fact that you need verteran leadership on your team in order to win championships. 2008 Celtics, 2011 Mavs, 2004 Pistons, 2006 Heat, every Spurs championship team, Shaq-Era Lakers...Or just have the best player in the sport mixed with other great players.

Since we don't have the best players in the sport on one team i'd rather take the safe road of having battle tested vets...

If you don't understand the importance of having vets that can still contribute at a fairly higher level then their avg position player then you don't know basketball or what it takes to win. This thread is a piece of ****, And it seems you don't know what it takes to win besides "Get Chris Paul and we win!". If Camby was playing 30 mpg he would be averaging about 10 points 12 rebounds and 2.0 blocks. That's better then what Roy Hibbert produced in his 30 mpg and he was an All-Star center...

Shut up and research before blasting one of the most important aspects of a championship team.

closed.jpg

+1 Repped i couldn't of said it better than myself

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I'm thinking about it now, and the problem is that Knicks are bringing in old players, it's the move were they bring in big Names and we're supposed to be happy, but really we have not moved much because Kidd and Camby are cooked turkeys. They will have a strong positive effect but this is not as much as you expect. Maybe in the beginning they will win some nice games, but by year Three it's different. Then they are useless.

So it won't win us anything big, we'll just squeeze a few regular season wins.

You know, this isn't soccer or baseball, it's tougher to buy a team. Guy's trying to buy a brand-name team but they don't fit.

Prediction: 46 wins

skisloper

Starter
1) The Knicks arent an old team.

2) If Nets get Dwight, they are still nowhere near us. 3 Players arent going to do much. They have no depth and who knows if daren and joe can even work together.

3) Bottom Line: Nets will have potential, but thats about it.

Are u on crack.......our Knicks team is the same as last year without Davis/Fields/Jeffries an we replace them with Camby/Kidd...I agree an upgrade...

NETS are no where near us if they get howard ...I hope u are being sarcastic...

Williams
Johnson
Wallace
???
Howard

Thats as good as any line up in the NBA and all the pieces fit......

Knicks/Nets
PG NETS
SG NETS
SF KNICKS
PG EVEN ( GOD KNOWS WITH AMARE )
C NETS

BENCH KNICKS.....

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Are u on crack.......our Knicks team is the same as last year without Davis/Fields/Jeffries an we replace them with Camby/Kidd...I agree an upgrade...

NETS are no where near us if they get howard ...I hope u are being sarcastic...

Williams
Johnson
Wallace
???
Howard

Thats as good as any line up in the NBA and all the pieces fit......

Knicks/Nets
PG NETS
SG NETS
SF KNICKS
PG EVEN ( GOD KNOWS WITH AMARE )
C NETS

BENCH KNICKS.....

Nets would be top 2 in the league if they get Howard. The drawback about JJ is his selfishness, but with DWill and Howard, that will disappear. But Dwill is a mesh player, he will get these guys working on the same page....now they're downfall is if Avery decides to be General Johnson again. Guessing Teletovic starts at the 4 for them as a stretch 4. JJ has a size advantage at the 2 and can get on the block, opening up the perimeter for DWill to slash or Teletovic to shoot.

Kidd takes the pressure off Lin as the floor general. It can only be good, Kidd will get Melo in scoring position, very similar to how he worked with Dirk, when all the defensive attention is on the 2 man game, Kidd can easily go over the top for a Tyson dunk. Camby provides a 20-24 minute guy who can come in and give the 4 and 5 spots productive minutes off the bench.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
This is pretty much a poorly thought out thread that's useless and should be aborted.

Camby is top ten in his position.
Kidd is an elite PURE PG.

Jorts and Douglas would never have give us what these men are going to give us for 3 seasons.

Age is timeless with Jason and Marcus, they get by with their skill, awareness and overall talent that isnt deminished if you saw them play last season.

this pretty much closed the thread for me. nothing more to say. well said bro

Tokie420

Benchwarmer

I dont think this can be stated enough. Our basketball IQ was truly lacking last season. Not switching properly, stupid fouls, not capitalizing when a teams in foul trouble, TURNOVERS, arguing calls instead of getting back up court, punching fire extinguishers(may not be just basketball IQ, IQ in general) and just the overall dumb mental lapses that cost us through out the season. Bringing guys in like Kidd and Camby only helps that. Kidd is a proven floor general. He may not be at peak physical prowess, but you best believe that mind of his has only become stronger. Kidds impact is going to go way beyond the stat sheet. Hes a teacher. Camby? You wont find a guy who hustles more and just plays the game like its meant to be played the way he does anymore. These guys cant hurt us only make us stronger, and its not like they are coming here with the expectations of being the saviors. They just add Depth, Leadership, and IQ to a team that needs it. Couple that with a full offseason and coach who like to teach D and we could have something here.

Oh btw OP, Baron davis?! Youre gunna compare Baron Davis, who would continually report to camps overweight and out of overall basket shape, to A guy like Jkidd? A proven champion and a guy who has been known to take exceptional care of his body? Im not hating on BD, but when you continually fluxuate in the way you take care of yourself the wear and tear catches up to you a bit faster.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Thank you for the kind words.

Hey...Reap what you sew!

We'll find out if Melo can be a winner this year. More than just a scorer. Look for a MONSTER campaign.

I firmly believe that all the torture he put himself through coupled with what D'Antoni put him through, the boos, the "can Melo play with Jeremy Lin/Melo ruined Linsanity" etc. is precisely what he needed.

I'd like to think that he's been forced in to maturation and humbled by the passionate and unforgiving city.

A big campaign - I PREY - could be ahead indeed, and now he has the leadership around him to help him achieve that maturation, not only mentally, but in to his game, too. Become the player he should be, to be the leader and contributor he can be.

I think we finish as the 2 or 3 seed. We'll get pas the 1st round and then battle NYJ or BOS in the 2nd round. From there... anything is possible. If we get to the Eastern Conf, face MIA... I would say things have fallen into place. Anything can happen then.

Agreed, agreed, agreed.

KEYS: LIN has to be a player. Not great. Just good. We cannot afford PG to be a weakness. The position must orchestrate the offense and get the most out of our front court. If PG is a strength... WATCH OUT. SHUMP has to return to form and be ready to go & balin' come April. KIDD & CAMBY stay fresh and on the court. AND AMARE MUST RETURN to the player he was the 1st half of 2010-2011.

If all this happens... Carmelo will do his part and NYK will have a 50+ win season and compete for a title.

We need a P&R/P&P between Lin and STAT with a consistent jumper involved and we are loving it. Kidd will hook Amar'e up for looks unquestionably, and the 3 of them could very well provide that consistent O that helps this team maintain leads.

We really need Melo's off the ball game to step out of the doldrums of lethargy, too. With that heavy body can get himself open much easier than strolling along the baseline to receive the ball where he likes it. I wanna see that **** cut down on unless he's caught fire.

I could go on talking about this forever....:lol:

Stick around, mafrattack!

Chandler
Amare
Melo
JR (Shump)
Lin

Camby
Novak
JR
Kidd

WTF have you been!?

petescud

Starter
well if these guys are done in their careers, there were other interested teams and the Heat wanted Camby as well

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
Lol, ya'll some Dwight Howards up in here. I was mostly joking. Mostly.

I'm concerned that they look like the Celtics. One young PG leading a bunch of old timers only to make it a little further in the playoffs.

How is Kidd going to motivate the team in the locker room? Show them the movie, Cocoon?

But at the very least Kidd will put Melo in check, that's why he is better than Nash.

nyk_nyk

All Star

I'm concerned that they look like the Celtics. One young PG leading a bunch of old timers only to make it a little further in the playoffs.

How is Kidd going to motivate the team in the locker room? Show them the movie, Cocoon?

But at the very least Kidd will put Melo in check, that's why he is better than Nash.

Melo, TC, JR, Shump and Amare aren't old timers. You do know that, right?

NYNYK

Benchwarmer

That young PG brought them to the finals a couple times and brought them a chip and those old timers were Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and KG.