Carmelo not willing to go to NJ, Knicks number 1 choice

CREDIT: New York Post, RealGM.com

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg

After recent one-on-one conversations with Carmelo Anthony, Peter Vecsey came away feeling that Anthony is unwilling to join the Nets.
Anthony reiterated that his primary consideration is winning. But even as the Knicks struggle to a 3-7 start, Vecsey reports that the Knicks remain on -- if not at the top of -- Anthony's list of preferred destinations.
"I'm just like LeBron," Anthony said. "It's all about winning. That's all I care about. I want the chance to compete at the championship level. All the other stuff is irrelevant."

via New York Post 11/16/10

Old but good news. I know they had those stories of Jason Kid, and Vince Carter, and even KOBE calling Melo and telling him not to go to NJ/BK. that good. But it also makes me feal that he has us neck and neck with Chi Town.

If I'm Melo.. I'm going to the Bulls.. seriously. I want him here as much as the next guy.. but as long as fagtoni is our coach. We ain't going nowhere.

I have this strong feeling he would be here by now if it wasn't for D'Antoni. just a hunch.

in any case, I know its just a matter of time...

iSaYughh

Starter
Yep. Carmelo -- not Walsh -- is our biggest trump card, negotiator, and power broker in getting his ass here. Anthony must have real vision and strength of conviction in wanting to be a Knick and rise this franchise up.

Stay strong, Melo, stay strong. When you finally arrive, and the garbage gets removed, going to be immortalized here, and rightfully so.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
This clearly shows that Carmelo is not coming to New York, since his main goal is to win a championship.

We arent a winning team right now,,

This clearly shows that Carmelo is not coming to New York, since his main goal is to win a championship.

We arent a winning team right now,,
Ok, he cant go to Chicago. No one wants Loul Dengs contract and they dont have the cap room in free Agency.

so that leaves The Knicks, Timberwolves, and Nets as oprions. i think the Knicks have the best chance.

Also Carmelo isnt like LeBron. Hes a Leader, not a follower. He doesnt need 2 guys to be going somewhere for him to go.

He's a smart Kid. He knows if he wins a championship here and Brings MSG back to its former glory, he is a top ten player of all time. He would be the Biggest Knick of all time!

He would be an Immortal and he knows it!

iSaYughh

Starter
Ok, he cant go to Chicago. No one wants Loul Dengs contract and they dont have the cap room in free Agency.

so that leaves The Knicks, Timberwolves, and Nets as oprions. i think the Knicks have the best chance.

Also Carmelo isnt like LeBron. Hes a Leader, not a follower. He doesnt need 2 guys to be going somewhere for him to go.

He's a smart Kid. He knows if he wins a championship here and Brings MSG back to its former glory, he is a top ten player of all time. He would be the Biggest Knick of all time!

He would be an Immortal and he knows it!

Ya. Exactly!

It's pride, too, and how that influences his perception of going to a winner.

If Melo *feels* that *he* can bring and lead us to championships and winning...that's that. Contra, LeBitch...hedged himself and thought he needed Big Brother and Big Sister to have a shot as a Muskateer.

Ya. Exactly!

It's pride, too, and how that influences his perception of going to a winner.

If Melo *feels* that *he* can bring and lead us to championships and winning...that's that. Contra, LeBitch...hedged himself and thought he needed Big Brother and Big Sister to have a shot as a Muskateer.
You Betcha!

Melo is a Competitor! Hes not going to make a comercial telling people they hurt his fealings after he shits on the whole NBA like LeBeotch did! hes goin to his hometown! Hes winning us a championship! He doesnt need anybody to come with him! STAT is Here, and if CP3 wants to stay in Norlens thats cool, we could always snag Nash or Rubio!

Seen too much heartbreak and let down witht his team to get my hopes up.. Im taking a I'll believe it when I see it approach. ;)

I know the fealin! Every other Knick fan I know is the same way.

I have been a fan since I started watchin bball in 03, all I have seen is bad things with this team. I have faint memories of the 2000 season and the 99 season but I cant remember seeing Knicks Greatness. only Knicks letdowns.

So im allways hyped for superstar trades!

sg8

Benchwarmer
I'd hate to see the look on you guys face if he doesn't come..

i seriously won't stand another lebron mess..if carmelo f....s with us the same way everybody else did then i will lose any hope for better days for this team...we've been waiting and believing for a looong time..come on 'Melo

Its easy to blame everything on D'Antoni.

SMH.

Its hard for you to think creatively or critically, huh?

wtf, c'mon mannn...I can' read a thread without you licking on nuts, huh? I'm might start calling you lipton, your lips must weigh a ton from all the teabagging you've been getting lately, you would think someone with a swollen mouthpiece didn't have a choice but to stfu. smh

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
wtf, c'mon mannn...I can' read a thread without you licking on nuts, huh? I'm might start calling you lipton, your lips must weigh a ton from all the teabagging you've been getting lately, you would think someone with a swollen mouthpiece didn't have a choice but to stfu. smh

HAHAHAhahahaha

metrocard

Legend

What kind of homosexual erotic shit you're talking about?

I'm asking you to think creatively and you here talking about balls and nuts.

If this your most creative way of thinking, then I may have to question your sexuality.

Paul1355

All Star
CREDIT: New York Post, RealGM.com

Old but good news. I know they had those stories of Jason Kid, and Vince Carter, and even KOBE calling Melo and telling him not to go to NJ/BK. that good. But it also makes me feal that he has us neck and neck with Chi Town.

we all know Melo wants NY, lets gut the team for him:

Just keep Fields, Turiaf, and Amare