Why wouldn't the Don Approach.......

umynot

Benchwarmer
The Clippers with an idea like this?

Now that they lost Brand just trade for the Knicks Zach Randolph?
They might come out a better team cause of it!

The Knicks would love to rid themselves of Zach and might even include their best asset to do it! David Lee!
The Clippers can offer Tim Thomas (who played real well with D"Antoni ) and Mobley and a first round pick
for Zach , Lee & maybe Balkman or Marty Collins!

This will be exactly what both teams need! In Zach the Clippers will offset the loss of Brand right away and getting
Lee will offset the risk of Zachs off court issues!( This is L.A not the Bible belt) Lee will bring energy and 10 rebounds a game off the bench!
Collins or Balkman are added plusses in many ways! By trading Mobley and Thomas the Clippers as far as cap will still have
plenty of money left to do whatever they want!

The Knicks get Thomas who thrived under D'Antoni and would love to redeem himself of his first trip to NY ( totally different circumstances this time) and Mobley's 9
mil off the books before 2010! The first rounder makes the trade for the Knicks cause of prior trades might not have a pick either this year or 2010!

Anyone else think this is a smart move?

-------------------
KNICKS on the way UP!!!

New New York

Quiet Storm
I proposed a similar trade with the Clips and The Knicks.

The funny thing is it seems like what appear to be obvious trades to fans never seem to pan out.

I would love to see this move happen, but for some reason it more than likely won't!?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You lost me at Tim Thomas. Although your proposal is perfectly logical and may very well work for the Clippers, I have a deep hatred for Tim Thomas that goes back to his useless Knicks years. But I'll try to move past it. Maybe he can be of some use to us.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You lost me at Tim Thomas. Although your proposal is perfectly logical and may very well work for the Clippers, I have a deep hatred for Tim Thomas that goes back to his useless Knicks years. But I'll try to move past it. Maybe he can be of some use to us.
I don't know why people hate Tim Thomas so much. I thought he did a good job in New York. He was overpaid, and he wasn't the star that Isiah Thomas was hoping to get, but he was an efficient shooter that was a decent rebounder for a small forward, and he was a good player for the Knicks down the stretch. Isiah Thomas was just an idiot, and people are trying to blame Tim Thomas for Isiah Thomas' stupidity. Tim Thomas never averaged star numbers, so he should've never expected to get that out of him. Thomas did have some attitude problems, and he was inconsistent on offense, but he was a good role player. I wish we still had him on our team instead of Quentin Richardson and Eddy Curry. He's more of an efficient shooter than Quentin Richardson, and he's in better shape and more versatile than Eddy Curry.

umynot

Benchwarmer
This is an idea based on what is available now! Brand leaving opens a door!

As for Thomas he came to NY as a max player the first time and had lots of problems! Deaths in the family and all !! He did come back on a tear under D'Antoni with Phoenix though! 6'10 with Handle and can hit the three! Sound ok if we lose Zach and his useless baggage no?

Paul1355

All Star
We should make an attempt to bring Zach there. If there's any news that the Clips and Knicks are talking i'd def let everyone know this is a good oppurtunity

I don't think we'd have to give up that much. We could just send zach and lee and mardy, I think we would still be able to keep balkman. Maybe somehow work a way for crawfords contract to fit into this trade??:crossfingers:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
what's sad is tim thomas has all the tools to be a superstar but seems to settle, similar to lamar odom

Paul1355

All Star
I don't think we'd have to give up that much. We could just send zach and lee and mardy, I think we would still be able to keep balkman. Maybe somehow work a way for crawfords contract to fit into this trade??:crossfingers:

you'd trade Lee and keep Balkman? dont agree with your trade idea

New New York

Quiet Storm
I don't know why people hate Tim Thomas so much. I thought he did a good job in New York. He was overpaid, and he wasn't the star that Isiah Thomas was hoping to get, but he was an efficient shooter that was a decent rebounder for a small forward, and he was a good player for the Knicks down the stretch. Isiah Thomas was just an idiot, and people are trying to blame Tim Thomas for Isiah Thomas' stupidity. Tim Thomas never averaged star numbers, so he should've never expected to get that out of him. Thomas did have some attitude problems, and he was inconsistent on offense, but he was a good role player. I wish we still had him on our team instead of Quentin Richardson and Eddy Curry. He's more of an efficient shooter than Quentin Richardson, and he's in better shape and more versatile than Eddy Curry.

I actually liked Timmy too. His last season with The Knicks he couldnt throw the ball in the ocean, but he did look really good at times for us. He looked like an All Star with Pheonix, I mean he even stepped his rebs up, then he signs with The Clips and just faded. But like you said in a role player situation on a winning team he could be a nice weapon.

I also liked how he was down to thump with anyone!

Kiyaman

Legend
This Post killed itself at the mention of trading David Lee, who happen to be the only Bigman on the Knicks Roster next to 6.7 Balkman.

I dont know how Tim Thomas was able to be a PF in the Western Conference but in the Eastern Conference (76ers, Bucks, Knicks, and Bulls) he had big problems at being a scoring SF at 6.10 looking over and shooting over his oponents. Tim Thomas best bet is to stay in the Western Conference (unless they want Q.Rich for Tim Tim)...

Trin_Starr

Starter
He looked like an All Star with Pheonix, I mean he even stepped his rebs up, then he signs with The Clips and just faded.

That's why I hate that fool. It was his contract year in PHX so he played his ass off then signed the full MLE with the clips and just faded away again.