Trade our pick, Fields, and Douglas, for Gortat and the suns 13th pick.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
stop this childish BS man and be objective.....what would stop the heat from buying a 1st and/or 2nd round pik? or signing good role players?
they have no state tax, they already have 3 stars, face it they're alot closer than we are. we got our work cut out for us, so no! we're not gonna squash the heat, we're gonna play em down to the wire and be in the mix along with the top teams in the east. be a homer but be real!

bro the knicks are gona squash your heat next season, the knicks are gona improve their roster a lot more than the heat thos off season. We have a 17th pick + were buying either a late 1st rounder, early 2nd rounder, or both. + were gona sign some good role players. Do the heat even have a draft pick??? If we either move up or stay at 17 and get bismack the heat would have some fun trying to drive on him, lebron would get his shit sent x5 of wat amare did to him.

stop this childish BS man and be objective.....what would stop the heat from buying a 1st and/or 2nd round pik? or signing good role players?
they have no state tax, they already have 3 stars, face it they're alot closer than we are. we got our work cut out for us, so no! we're not gonna squash the heat, we're gonna play em down to the wire and be in the mix along with the top teams in the east. be a homer but be real!

Ok the heat are not that much better than us, yes they got lebron and wade but bosh is over rated, we got a better offence then the heat imo, we just need to get out center in either FA or the draft and the same goes for a SG and a PG. I think after the off season are team will look pretty good on paper, we jsut need to prove it come october when the season starts. I think we can seriously compete for the title come october. sorry but after Lebron was talking all that shit about winning 8 championships, making fun of dirk's cold, and all that other BS.

Next year Knicks> Heat

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It's not happening. Gortat helped the Suns so much at the center position. Orlando were fools for letting him go. They are not in complete rebuilding mode. They're still building around Nash in fact, and they know they can because they have Nash, Gortat, and cap space now. If they did this proposed trade then they'd be probably definitely thinking about trading Nash. You know who the Suns would trade Gortat for? Howard. Yeah, he's that valuable to the Suns. Gortat also had chemistry with Nash on the offensive end quickly.

The Suns didn't have a good center in who knows how long (Shaq doesn't count).

The Phoenix FO called Gortat to say the Pau Gasol for him rumors are not true, they love him.

I've read posts on a Phoenix Suns forum, the fans love him too, and they know they're not trading him for Fields, Douglas, and a pick. They'd laugh at this trade.

I'd go as far as I'd feel sorry for the Suns, their fans, and Nash (if they don't trade him) if this trade happened.

Marek

Benchwarmer
There's buzz about Robin Lopez going to GSW for Ekpe Udoh and GSW's #11 pick.

If so, that would be a steal by Phoenix. I don't think very highly of Lopez.
Also, this would be another strike against the notion of PHO dealing away Gortat.

Seriously, I think there are maybe 10 guys who are legit starting 5's in the NBA, and Gortat's one of them. It makes no sense to trade him, whether you're rebuilding or not.

There's buzz about Robin Lopez going to GSW for Ekpe Udoh and GSW's #11 pick.

If so, that would be a steal by Phoenix. I don't think very highly of Lopez.
Also, this would be another strike against the notion of PHO dealing away Gortat.

Seriously, I think there are maybe 10 guys who are legit starting 5's in the NBA, and Gortat's one of them. It makes no sense to trade him, whether you're rebuilding or not.

yeh the lopez twins remnind me of the morris twins, marcus and brook are better than there counter parts, but I'm just hoping markeiff isnt the next robin lopez.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This deal would be AMAZING but I don't see it happening. I don't think Phoenix would trade Gortat for that little, and they'd definitely NOT give up a pick for it.