Pat Riley EAT YOUR HEART OUT

liked carmelo anthony interview with stephen a smith he seems like he is irritated with ppl saying he will suck the life out of jeremy lins fame, now no more melo bringing the ball up trying to be a point foraward and more posting and toasting and playing his signature "bully ball".

The only plays we should run are:

1.Amare and lin pick and roll at wings and top of key
2.Lin and Amare pick and pop
3.Melo iso/post up on left block
4.Melo 3pt wing iso
5.Lin and chandler pick and roll
6.Screens for shooters

that should be our priority with #1 being the highest,lin and amare should be our main scorers and melo should be our closer/bail out player

Red

TYPE-A
The best argument one can make is that we split the series last year. Part of that included a rebuilt roster, basically on the fly in terms of being fully acclimated, against a team that had the luxury of the pre-season, camps, and regular season games together.

If we want to talk clutch then we could compare Melo's proven penchant for closing out games versus LeBrons. Advantage Melo.

Want to talk size? Tyson the Mad Byson not only leads the league in fg%, but was arguably the defensive MVP for the champion Mavericks. Versus Joel Anthony, Curry, and Haslem, Tyson is a man amongst boys.

Want to compare Wades defense versus Shumpert? Comparable, yet edge goes to Wade for experience. But don't sleep on Shump Shump along with "the smartest back court in the league".

In essence this series should be a long 6 or 7 games, where anyone can win. The HEAT handled defensive opponents like BOS and CHI fairly well. It's our offense they have trouble matching because it dictates their pace. This is why Spolstra went to a more open fast breaking offense; as well he should having the best open court wings in the game. But the Knicks still have the ability to control the pace, they demonstrated as much in their first meeting.

So who improved more?

While the HEAT were basically set with little cap room, the Knicks added a major dimension. Battier and Curry along with rookie Cole are an upgrade over what they had, but none of them trump the addition of the Mad Byson.

Add sensations Shump and Lin and it appears as if the Knicks have geared up DIRECTLY to beat the Heat. Last year they were missing defense at the 1,2 and 5 (yes I know Melo and STAT are the 3-4), but they can get a pass (to an extent) when I see Fields scoring 1.4 points per and giving up 28+ points, ya dig? No need to present our 5's stats because we had none (at least not any that Mike was willing to use).

Although Billups was a vet, he lacked speed, and so far we're working on that. A lock down perimeter defender and size in the paint, that's a formula for success.

Tie series without major additions Lin, Shump, Tyson...

but with those three defensive additions, a better Fields, the Knicks have the edge IMO once the offense gets in sync. And being an underdog, if the cards play-out right the Knicks will gain confidence as they progress while the pressure will build for the Heat... and pressure busts pipes. Ask LeBron.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Better overall team?? Hahahahaha man stop playing on your XBOX and leave the house please, there is something called 'The Real World' outside.....

We have Chandler who is a world-class player and the second best center this season - check.

We have Lin who (if he can keep it up) is one of the best PGs in the East - check.

We have a couple of very good role players in Fields, Shumpert, Novak, Jeffries and Harrelson - check.

But that's all we got on the pr oside.

On the con side we have 2 black holes eating up $40 million this season and actually making the team worse when playing - no check.

Atleast Lebron and Wade are playing like max. contract players.....unlike the guys mentioned above.

As much as I like Lin, he won't go for 25 and 11 against Wade in the PLayoffs.....seems like you forgot how good a defender he is.

And Lebron....he'll eat Melo alive this season. Lebron is an idiot, but he's playing fantasic this season.

Their role players aren't too shabby either, Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Norris Cole, Joel Anthony - those are good players.

Pat Riley is hardly wetting his pants, if anything it should be us KNicks fans wetting our pants, because we're one injury away from missing the PLayoffs (either Lin or Chandler and it's game over).

Another bullshit post by you, seems to be the norm these days. :cool:

You just have to go against positivity. You don't even think.

FAIL.

+1

We've been having to gut out games. But it's with real offensive firepower that you can start to blow teams out and finish games off by the start of the 4th.

And start resting peeps ;)

Barring a major injury I see the perfect storm coming with the Knicks. It's all about defense and it looks like the entire team is buying in. Even "I CANT BELIEVE I"M GOING TO SAY THIS" MDA.

BDiddy coming back will do things comparable to what Tim Hardaway did for the Heat back in the day.

ITS ON!!!

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Barring a major injury I see the perfect storm coming with the Knicks. It's all about defense and it looks like the entire team is buying in. Even "I CANT BELIEVE I"M GOING TO SAY THIS" MDA.

BDiddy coming back will do things comparable to what Tim Hardaway did for the Heat back in the day.

ITS ON!!!

Will BDiddy be ready by Friday??????

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
The best argument one can make is that we split the series last year. Part of that included a rebuilt roster, basically on the fly in terms of being fully acclimated, against a team that had the luxury of the pre-season, camps, and regular season games together.

If we want to talk clutch then we could compare Melo's proven penchant for closing out games versus LeBrons. Advantage Melo.

Want to talk size? Tyson the Mad Byson not only leads the league in fg%, but was arguably the defensive MVP for the champion Mavericks. Versus Joel Anthony, Curry, and Haslem, Tyson is a man amongst boys.

Want to compare Wades defense versus Shumpert? Comparable, yet edge goes to Wade for experience. But don't sleep on Shump Shump along with "the smartest back court in the league".

In essence this series should be a long 6 or 7 games, where anyone can win. The HEAT handled defensive opponents like BOS and CHI fairly well. It's our offense they have trouble matching because it dictates their pace. This is why Spolstra went to a more open fast breaking offense; as well he should having the best open court wings in the game. But the Knicks still have the ability to control the pace, they demonstrated as much in their first meeting.

So who improved more?

While the HEAT were basically set with little cap room, the Knicks added a major dimension. Battier and Curry along with rookie Cole are an upgrade over what they had, but none of them trump the addition of the Mad Byson.

Add sensations Shump and Lin and it appears as if the Knicks have geared up DIRECTLY to beat the Heat. Last year they were missing defense at the 1,2 and 5 (yes I know Melo and STAT are the 3-4), but they can get a pass (to an extent) when I see Fields scoring 1.4 points per and giving up 28+ points, ya dig? No need to present our 5's stats because we had none (at least not any that Mike was willing to use).

Although Billups was a vet, he lacked speed, and so far we're working on that. A lock down perimeter defender and size in the paint, that's a formula for success.

Tie series without major additions Lin, Shump, Tyson...

but with those three defensive additions, a better Fields, the Knicks have the edge IMO once the offense gets in sync. And being an underdog, if the cards play-out right the Knicks will gain confidence as they progress while the pressure will build for the Heat... and pressure busts pipes. Ask LeBron.

Good post

But you didn't even mention the potential the 2nd unit has once Davis gets healthy and the possibility of JR coming to NY.

iSaYughh

Starter
I peep our boxscore tonight and it looks like a Chicago game :lol:

Been a long time since we've seen that.

Ya, BDiddy with Lin will be perfect. Baron will get good backup minutes, and be a great complementary look to throw at teams.

If Amare gets going with Lin, like he eventually did with Felton....Wow. And when Harrelson comes back! I think Harrelson will give us similar punch to that which Jeffries gives us -- except better floor spreading qualities, obviously.

And throw in Melo? It's almost too much good to comprehend.

Flat out expect the best and most lethal offense in the NBA (or right alongside OKC) by the time the playoffs comes around.

I feel like we still could use a shooter with range out of the 2 (be great to have that, as the backcourt compliment to Novak's sharp shooting and play from the frontcourt)...but with the way Fields and Shumpert are playing, it's tough to argue that's as big a need as it otherwise might be.

I know a lot of people want JR Smith, but I'm all about chemistry. We dont need him if he's going to come in and upset the flow.

You're going to think I'm crazy, but I havent seen the Knicks move the ball this well since the Reed/Debusshere/Bradley/Frazier/Monroe teams. You couldnt guard that team a whole game. Somebody was going to get theirs.

I just hope they keep it going.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I know a lot of people want JR Smith, but I'm all about chemistry. We dont need him if he's going to come in and upset the flow.

You're going to think I'm crazy, but I havent seen the Knicks move the ball this well since the Reed/Debusshere/Bradley/Frazier/Monroe teams. You couldnt guard that team a whole game. Somebody was going to get theirs.

I'm with you. I totally agree. He would take mintues away from fields and shump, and say goodbye to novak.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
is it me or did quiggle and sprewell-houston swap places in terms of the negativity each bring to this site? guiggle finally bringing some positivity:thumbsup:

+1

We've been having to gut out games. But it's with real offensive firepower that you can start to blow teams out and finish games off by the start of the 4th.

And start resting peeps ;)

Just found out it's proper etiquette to say thank you for the +1's. Thanks my bro...

fender0577

Rotation player

:agreed:Smith is a good player, but lets try to get MELO slotted back in, before we bring in another scorer.

Red

TYPE-A

Aren't the odds relatively close that B-Diddy would do the same (disrupt)?

Even though Davis has practiced and right now in regards to him playing, I'll believe it when I see it. I don't even know how or when he hurt his back, do you?

But JR Smith has familiarity with Melo and I am a bit concerned with Fields' defense. Have you noticed?

I also like adding points off the bench to sure that up. I don't want any "if we only had a..." excuses this time around. We need to give ourselves every chance possible.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

I understand why you would not want JR in New York. The guy can be a chucker.

But getting him won't hurt at all. If he doesn't play team ball, I'm confident that MDA will do the right thing and bench him. MDA has a lot of guards who can step up and play well as evidenced by this 7 game winning streak.

The most important factor that Smith can bring to this team is depth. You never know when an injury hits a player(which is very likely in this condensed season), having a solid player to step up when another one is injured is gonna be huge.

I know most people see him as a "cancer" who won't bring much other than scoring. But please be reminded that he was part of last year's Nugget team which was a defensive beast of a team after the Melo trade. Coach Karl also seemed to be more confident with JR as he was learning how to play smart and within the offense.