Where do we go from here?

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
We have the potential and capabilities to be championship contenders but where does the team go from here? Whats our identity and what are we going to be?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
We need time.
Time in which we dont have.
This team has got to have time to work together.
Then we will see what the Knicks can do.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I just think we're forgetting one thing

to play basketball, because thats what they get paid to do, not to fit in, not to complain just play basketball

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
-LOL-JK.jpg

JS3

Benchwarmer
Just look at our schedule after the AS:
CLE - home: not been easy for us in te last years.

@ Boston
@ Dallas
@ Spurs

The people saying here that we need time, do you really think that we have this luxury?
The only bonus is we have a lot of practice, even after the AS, after CLE we have like 5 days until we go to Boston, but what we can expect from a coach that dont has any advice to his newly, seeking help,
PG...

Like I said in the game thread, the Knicks need badly to play against top guns, and not in MSG, we have playoffs and we need the experience as a team to know how to handle a home team energy, and not Toronto

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
The problem with this team is that we don't realy have any chemistry. We won those games lately only because Lin exploded and Chandler/Jeffries played great D. Steve Novak made some huge 3's as well. Now with our "superstars" back I don't really see any chemistry between Lin and Amare or Lin and Carmelo. And our defence is much worse with them in lineup. Still Eastern Conference is weak we should make the playoffs rather easily. If we won't play Miami or Chciago in the first round we can reach 2nd round. But that's it.

TakMan

Rotation player
The problem with this team is that we don't realy have any chemistry. We won those games lately only because Lin exploded and Chandler/Jeffries played great D. Steve Novak made some huge 3's as well. Now with our "superstars" back I don't really see any chemistry between Lin and Amare or Lin and Carmelo. And our defence is much worse with them in lineup. Still Eastern Conference is weak we should make the playoffs rather easily. If we won't play Miami or Chciago in the first round we can reach 2nd round. But that's it.

I'm still waiting for Anthony to explode on offence. Stoudamire is showing signs of a comeback but Anthony continues to kill our plays. He's shooting under 40% this season. He probably also shoots far more than any other player which means he is the main reason our offence is not as good as it can be. When you're not hitting them, stop shooting. He has other offensive options now. I really think the Knicks have one of the most well rounded rosters in the league at the moment.

Impossible to say, could be the conference finals or a first round exit, getting swept like last year.

We need more time that's for sure.

Lin needs experience, he's basically a rookie and last night it looked like he can't handle the playoff-type pressure defense yet.

Melo and Stoudemire need to be in top gear in order for us to make a deep playoff run.

Chandler needs to stay healthy, we need Shump to defend the best opposing guard and Baron Davis needs to find some kind of form, because right now he's doing a Mike Bibby impression.

portega1968

El Cacique
The way I see it, Heat were really tuned in to give us a lesson last night and Knicks were overwhelmed before they even got on the floor. Lin had an expression of shock all night, and 4 games in five nights definitely is a bad setup going against the top team in the east. You can see that passes were not crisp and Chandler was a step slower.

Next time, the Heat will be more confident and will let their guard down, and we will have worked out the kinks and be fired up to show them what we can do.

The adversity and struggles will make this team stronger. People need to stop yelling wolf every time we lose a game. It aint over till the fat lady sings. Staff will have a good look at the tapes and make the adjustments. Practice in the next couple of weeks will make us even better.

It was curious how we didnt use zone defense last night when we know that is a Miami weakness and the Knicks do a good job with the zone. I suspect Dantoni wants to keep that in the pocket until we face them in the playoffs, because using it now may allow them to learn from the mistakes.

miked1958

Rotation player
Maybe NOT

We'll do well enough to reach the playoffs and then get annihilated in the first round.
If you remember the Giants had some GREAT regular season games and also played some stinkers vs Seahawks, and twice vs skins. We didnt show up vs hornets and Nets. same kinda things..

Then the Giants in their 2 SB runs were beaten soundly by the higher up teams like GB and Dallas in 07 and This year they kinda stayed in those games vs GB and SF but still lost and were in midst of 4game losing streak and things didnt look good. Then you have the 2games vs Pats in 07 and 11. In which we lost in 07 but gained confidence and beat them in 11... I think we can continue to improve and take the good things out of the wins vs DC Dallas and the win over the Lakers. Also look at the Heat game and see what we did wrong and learn from it.

I would rather lose to them now then beat them when it counts. we only have to make the playoffs. The Giants Proved that again this season and in 07. You dont have to have the best record to make the playoffs. Ask TB, Dallas and GB of 07 and Falcons, GB and SF of 11 how that worked out for them.

miked1958

Rotation player
i think more then LIN being his 7th game in 10nights who was tired it falls more on our big 3.

Amare, Tyson and Melo have been in big games like that with their former teams. They didnt rise up and compete the way the should have in a game that huge. they were totally outplayed by Miami's big 3. I think together they scored just under 70 and our guys only put up a little over 40...

And worse at times it looked like our 3 didnt want to be out there just standing around acting like they were in a FOG.

Its not on LIN. it s more on those 3. I realize Melo has only been back a short time and Amare just over a week. but they looked bad.

also i am sure its been said but davis should have got the majority of the minutes and let Lin watch when it was clear in 3rd quarter that Lin just didnt have anything left in the Tank. Let Davis go out there and mix it up and get in the flow of game. He cant make an impact playing spot minutes like that.